Four

Let's Say

04.

 

“Welcome to Jin Omma’s Florist!” Areum rose from behind the counter when she heard the doorbell chime, signaling a customer had entered.

 

There, in the middle of the store, paying all his attention to the barrel of peonies was perhaps the most handsome man Areum had ever laid eyes on. He stood tall in his slacks. Areum found herself admiring the veins that seemed to pulsate in the areas where the rolled up sleeves of his work shirt were kind enough to reveal. She began to wonder if the rest of him was just as delicious, but quickly gave herself a mental slap for being so erted.

 

“Can I help you with anything sir?” She asked shyly once she reached his side.

 

“Oh, hi. I’m not sure you remember me but I was at the Park wedding last month. Your business provided the bouquets and table pieces.”

 

Areum giggled. “Sorry, I’m afraid not.” Most definitely not. There was no way on earth she would have noticed Mr. Muscles at the wedding and not remembered. “Were you a guest? The wedding seemed like a lot of fun.”

 

“I was. And yes it was a lot of fun.” The handsome man smiled at her. Areum felt her knees buckle out of excitement before she tumbled sideways, heading straight for the lilies. The handsome man quickly reached out and tried to steady her. “Are you ok, Miss? Do you need to sit down?”

 

Oh my god. Great Areum, now you look like an idiot! Get your hormones together! She let out an unconvincing laugh. “No, no. I’m fine! I’m Areum.”

 

He smiled. “Oh Sehun. My workplace sent me actually. I’m supposed to set up some decorations for a formal event the company is hosting. I instantly thought of the decorations from the wedding. You did quite well.” Areum blushed and thanked him. “I’m not too good with flowers. My friend Kyungsoo did suggest peonies though. I think maybe I should show you the floor plan and we can go from there.”

 

“Peonies are my favourite, your friend has good taste.” Areum gave him a wink and sideways smile in an attempt to be seductive. Jakyung peered her head out from the backroom and gave Areum a knowing look. You’re such a flirt! She pushed open the sliding doors and came out to greet Sehun and negotiate a business deal.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

“Meow!” Oops. Baekhyun lifted his legs to check if Jinae’s beloved cat was still alive.

 

“Yoon Baekhyun! What did you do to Mr. Twinkles?!”

 

Baekhyun winced. “Omo, please don’t call him that out loud. That’s such an embarrassing name. I swear, if he actually understood the meaning of the word, he would leave you for the alleyways.” Jinae picked a cushion and hurled it at his face, hitting him square in the nose.

 

“Why are you even here Baek. Don’t you have better thing to do on a Saturday rather than coming here and harassing my cat?”

 

“I’m not here for your cat.” Jinae raised her brow. Was he going to admit he was here to hang out with her? “I’m here because you have cable TV.” Never mind.

 

Grabbing a packet of peanut snacks from the kitchen counter, Jinae made her way over to the futon couch and crashed down besides Baekhyun, being mindful of how she held the packet so he wouldn’t be able to steal any of her munchies on account of him being a mean brat.    

 

“You’re such a pig.”

 

“And you’re just ugly,” Jinae snorted her signature response to all Baekhyun insults. She felt the weight on the futon shift and turned to suddenly meet Baekhyun’s fast approaching face. “Yah! What are you doing?”

 

“Do you think I’m ugly now, Hwang Jinae?” Baekhyun growled in the deepest voice she’d ever heard him use. She had to admit that coupled with full lips, high nose and large eyes, Baekhyun could almost be coming off as y. Every inch that he advanced towards her had Jinae pushing herself further and further into the backrest of the giant marshmallow couch. “Am I, Jinae? Am I making you want to kiss this ugly face?” Jinae’s eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. In a split second she was roaring with laughter. Grabbing a handful of Baekhyun’s face, she roughly pushed him to the side.

 

“Omo! Baek, you really are something,” she said while gasping for air. “Kiss you. Haha what funny joke. Omo, I need some tissues, I think I’m crying!” Jinae crawl up from the couch and headed to the kitchen still struggling to contain her laughter.

 

Baekhyun stared at her retreating back from the couch. He had had every intention of pulling a stupid prank on her but the moment he became aware of her perfume, it had taken over all his senses. Suddenly her eyes looked so alluring, and her lips so inviting. He wasn’t laughing at all.