Seven

Selfish Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was half past two in the afternoon when they arrived at the park. Kyungsoo had immediately dragged Soojung to go on the rides with him. At first, he was the only one feeling excited while Soojung was secretly worrying about his well-being. However, this did not go on for very long as his excitement was contagious and Soojung eventually found herself having fun, all her worries left behind somewhere on the rollercoaster they had just gotten off from.

"Hey, Oppa. Want to go ride the bumper cars?" Soojung asked excitedly as they walked around the park looking for more rides to go to. Taking the enthusiastic nod as a yes, Soojung quickly ran to where the bumper cars were, shouting "Whoever gets there last is a rotten egg!" as she made quite a distance from him.

"Hey, that's cheating!" He exclaimed as he too, sped up to catch up to the giggling brunette. As expected, Soojung arrived first. When he finally caught up to her, he tackled her lightly and promptly tickled her sides as an act of revenge.

She smacked his hands away but they kept coming back to tickle her again. "Oppa, stop! I'm sorry! I admit defeat!" She begged between her breaths. 

He finally stopped. "Good. That's what you get for being a cheater." He chuckled as he let her go. "Now, let's go ride the bumper cars so that I can bump you to the Moon." He jokingly said as he grabbed her hand to drag her again and Soojung could only roll her eyes at his ridiculous statement.

As they both strapped on in their respective cars, Kyungsoo and Soojung both looked at each other with a competitive glint in their eyes. When they finally started, the pair drove straight at each other in full speed and their rides bounced off the other as they collided. Their laughter filled the air as they attempted to bump each other again. 

Soojung went at him at full speed again and this time Kyungsoo did not move. She grinned in triumph as she thought that she had caught him off guard, but the mischievous look in his eyes got her knitting her eyebrows in confusion. Kyungsoo dodged at the last second and took the opportunity to bump her car as she struggled to regain control of the car. The impact sent her a few meters away, Soojung squealing in shock as her bumper car hit the wall.

Kyungsoo laughed whole-heartedly as he saw the look of discontent she was giving him. Soojung drove towards him again, taking the opportunity as he was busy laughing at her and she finally sent him swiveling a few meters away. This time, it was she who was laughing as he yelled in surprise. 

The two went at each other for a few more minutes. Their lips curved in a smile, their eyes shone with mirth the whole time.

"I think I won." Kyungsoo said cheekily, earning a look of disbelief from Soojung. "Nope, I think I won." She lightly punched him on the shoulder.

"Yea, yeah. What ever you say, Mrs Do." He chuckled. Earning no response from his partner, Kyungsoo turned to look at her. Her face was flushed and her brown eyes were wide, staring at him in shock. 'What's wrong with her? I only said whater ever you say, Mrs Do.' Kyungsoo's eyebrows knitted in confusion as he tried to figure out the reason behind her odd behaviour. Then, it hit him.

Oh.

He called her Mrs Do.

He cleared his throat when the awkwardness set in. "Uhmm, where do you want to go to next?" Realizing that she was staring at him like an idiot, Soojung finally tore her eyes away from him. "L-let's go get something to eat. I'm starving!" She said in a fake cheerful tone in an attempt to hide her embarrassment.

He nodded in agreement. They fell in an uncomfortable silence as the made their way through the park, searching for a food stall. Fortunately, the silence was soon forgotten as they found a food stall owned by an old couple. They started to chat excitedly as they chose what to eat.

Kyungsoo looked at Soojung in amusement as her eyes twinkled in delight when their food arrived at their table. Soojung was such a kid when it comes to food. She ordered a chili dog and fries while he got a hamburger with a side of chicken nuggets.

He turned to Soojung to ask where they should go to next, but the words died in his throat and a low chuckle came out instead when he saw her face. His right index finger pointed at her face while his lips formed a grin. Confused, she asked, "What? Is there something on my face?"

"I know you have a small mouth, but it shouldn't make you eat this messily.Come here, you big baby." He shook his head, the grin still plastered on his face. His hand automatically reached for a napkin and wiped the chili smudges from the corner of .

"Uhh, thanks." She said awkwardly, looking at anywhere but his face.

His grin intensified when he saw the blush creeping up from her neck to her soft cheeks. She was so adorable. Somewhere deep inside, Kyungsoo was happy that he held such an effect over Soojung. It made his heart feel warm and his stomach fluttered like there were thousands of butterflies flying around inside him.

"No problem. I'll go pay for the food. You wait here, okay?" He smiled and patted her head affectionately. She only nodded in reponse, still refusing to meet his eyes.

He came back after a few minutes and by that time, Soojung had already calmed down. 

Kyungsoo looked down at his watch and asked, "We have enough time for one more ride. Where to next?" as he went to stand next to her. She looked thoughtful for a second before her eyes lit up as she made her decision. "Let's go ride the Ferris wheel! I want to see the view from up there!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Sure, let's go."

As they made their way to the ride, Soojung suddenly stopped in her track. "What is it?" He asked and his eyes followed her line of sight. She was looking at a big stuffed teddy bear that was displayed as one of the prizes at a game booth. He chuckled at the longing look in her eyes. Soojung could be such a kid sometimes. 

"Want to stop at that booth first?" Kyungsoo sugges

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter