Two

Selfish Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BANG!

The sound of the front door slamming shocked Soojung who was in the kitchen cooking dinner. She rushed to welcome her husband home. It was rare to see Kyungsoo coming home this early. 

'Maybe the meeting went well that's why Oppa is home early today. He must be in a good mood.' Soojung thought excitedly as she ran to the front door. The sweet smile on her face quickly vanished when she saw the state that her husband was in. He was soaked to the bone and he looked so dishelved. Kyungsoo's eyes shone with pure rage and hate when he looked at her, making Soojung unintentionally take a step back.

"What the hell are you looking at? You must be happy to see me so miserable. God, I hate you so much. Ever since I married you everything in my life went wrong." He suddenly screamed at her.

"Wh-what happened Oppa? Are you okay?" Soojung asked in concern, ignoring the stabbing pain in her heart because of his words.

"Okay? Do I look okay to you? Do you know that today's meeting was a disaster because I had a hangover and couldn't focus? The CEO of the Choi's Co. called me unprofessional and refused to sign the contract with us. After that I was humiliated again by my father. He screamed at me and called me worthless in front of the whole office! On the way home my ing car broke down and I have to walk 13 kilometres in this heavy rain! This is all your fault! " Kyungsoo's voice rose higher and higher as he screamed at his wife.

"B-but Oppa, I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't cause any of those things to happen to you. Why are you so mad at me?" Soojung finally let her tears fall. She just could not take it anymore. He was being unfair to her. She was just trying to be a good wife to him and instead of appreciating her efforts, he put all the blame on her.

"Not your fault? What a joke. Everything is your fault. If I wasn't forced to marry you, I wouldn't have to drink every single damn night to drown my misery and I wouldn't have a hangover during that meeting. None of this would've happen if I didn't marry you! I would've been so happy right now if I married Jinri instead of you!" He cruelly smirked when he saw more of her tears started to fall.

"I'm sorry for making you so unhappy but I-" Soojung tried to explain the real reason why she did not refuse to marry him but Kyungsoo was quick to cut her off. He was having none of it. He was already in a bad mood, he did not need her lies to make it worse.

He pushed past his still sobbing wife and stormed into his bedroom.

'Don't you think that you're being too cruel to her?' The same tiny voice in his head from this morning asked as Kyungsoo lied in his bed.

'Cruel? I'm cruel towards her? She's the cruel one. She ruined my life!' He argued.

'Was it even her intention to ruin your life?' The voice asked again making Kyungsoo briefly wonder.

'You don't even know what is her reason for agreeing to this marriage and yet you punish her without giving her the chance to explain. Isn't that cruel?' The voice continued to annoy him with stupid questions.

'What other reason could there be? She just thinks that this is all a game and that she has the right to play with my heart.' He ran his finger through his wet hair and massaged his scalp to ease the throbbing in his head.

'Do you really think that Soojung is that childish and inconsiderate? You've known her your whole life. That doesn't sound like anything your bestfriend would do to you. Have you ever considered that maybe the reason she wanted to marry you is because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter