Chapter 6

Looking Beyond the Surface
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After about twenty minutes had past, you started to wonder where you were going. And why you were going there. You looked out the window only to be met with unfamiliar buildings with light streaming out of their windows. You could've been anywhere in Seoul.

 

"Hey Sehun," he looked up from his phone, turned towards you and smiled, signalling you to continue. "Where are we going?"

 

He chuckled and averted his gaze. "Don't you trust me anymore?"

 

"Relax Hunnie, I was just wondering." You exhaled dramatically, lips gradually forming a pout.

 

"Well Yeon, it's a surprise. We'll be there soon. Stop worrying so much, ara." He looked up, only to see you pouting, and smiled to himself. "Aigoo Yeonnie cheer up~" he said while ruffling your hair.

 

"Yah! Don't touch my hair!"

 

•••

 

When you arrived at your destination, Sehun took your phone and had told you to wait in the car until he came to get me. I swear he always takes the longest time. I've been waiting here for like ten minutes. Did he forget about me? That inconsiderate little . Leaving me in a car for so long...without my phone!!!! Where did he even go?

 

All of the sudden your thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking outside your window. Of course you thought that it was your stupid best friend who decided to leave you in his car without your phone, so instinctively, without looking out the window, you pushed the door open with all your force, knocking the person outside to the ground.

 

"Ha! That's what you get for leaving me in the car for 20 minutes with no phone! You little piece if !" When you exited the car and closed the door, you turned to face your so-called best friend, only to be met with someone unfamiliar. You instantly began feeling incredibly guilty. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I thought you were someone else. "

 

"Yeah I kinda figured, since I don't have your phone." He said while pinching his nose, which was probably in pain. Oops my fault.

 

"Here," you extended your hand to him and helped him to his feet. "By the way, I'm Sulyeon." You smiled at him.

 

"I'm Myungsoo. Sehun told me to come get you because he thought you would hit him. And I now see he would've been right," he gave you a knowing look and the chuckled. "C'mon. They're waiting for us. "

 

You quietly followed behind him, wondering where in the hell you were, and why Sehun dragged you here, only to ditch you. Suddenly, Myungsoo stopped rather abruptly and you unfortunately rammed into his back with your face. This seems to be happening a lot to me lately.

 

The two of you stood in front of a two-story building. Grey, similar to all of the other buildings around, but with floor to ceiling windows covering the façade. Not entirely focused on what was happening around you at the time, you stood there frozen. Out of nowhere you heard someone calling your name. Breaking you from your trance. Apparently you had really zoned out because Myungsoo was now a good five feet in front of you, and was trying to get your attention.

 

"Yah Sulyeon-ssi! Are you coming or not?" He smirked and urged you to enter the building. You ran forward to catch up to him and finally reached his side. "Took you long enough."

 

You playfully slapped his arm and laughed. "Do you not know how to talk to girls. Seriously, so rude."

 

"Do you want me to bring you to my cousin or not?" He said voice dripping with annoyance.

 

Completely struck with confusion, you stood there just staring at him. "You're his cousin...and he didn't even mention you. Well...I guess I'm not a good best friend." Feeling a little disheartened by the fact you don't know best friend well enough to recognize his family.

 

"It's ok. Not many people know. We don't have the same last name so...but who really cares. C'mon everyone's waiting." He said while giving you a reassuring smile.

 

You followed him into the building. You were wondering why Sehun would bring you here and why he failed to mention his cousin in any of your previous conversations. Nonetheless you were glad you met him because he seemed like a nice guy.

 

"Hey Myungsoo..." You hesitated. "What is this place?"

 

He chuckled under his breath and smiled at you. "You'll see."

 

While the two of you were walking down numerous hallways and up a staircase, you took the time to study Myungsoo. He wasn't very tall, although still taller than you. He had short black hair and beautiful brown e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter