Chapter 2

Looking Beyond the Surface
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months earlier

 

Your POV

 

Well I guess it's time to move again. Sigh...just when I was getting used to my life here in Canada, my dad just up and decides he wants to move again. Well, what can you do? It's about time I go back home. We've been living here for 10 years now. I feel like I'm more Canadian than Korean now. Well whether I like it or not, Seoul here I come.

 

Oops I think I've failed to introduce myself. Choi Sulyeon is my name. It means water lily; my mother's favourite flower of course. My dad named me because my mom died while giving birth to me. Sorry about the heavy info even though we just met like five seconds ago. Anyways, my dad just told me we'll be leaving for Seoul in the morning, so I'm kind of struggling to pack everything in a couple of hours.

 

"Sulyeonnie~ make sure you don't forget anything. Also, the school is giving you a few days to get used to the time change before your first day"

 

"Neh appa~"

 

I'll be attending Seoul high...I haven't worn a uniform in ten years. And now I have to, every single day for the next two years. Life.

 

Well on the plus side I'll get to see my best friend, Sehun, who I haven't seen face to face in years. I mean sure we video chat and text and call each other everyday, but its not the same. He goes to Seoul high as well. Apparently his friends are really excited to meet me...I don't know what he told them about me, but it couldn't have been good.

 

• • •

 

In Seoul

 

 

"Sulyeon-ah! Get down here! Do you want to be late for your first day of school?!" Your dad yelled from downstairs.

 

As you walked down the wooden staircase in your new school uniform a frown appeared on your face. You definitely couldn't care less if you we're late, because your dad's version of late is 20 minutes before the warning bell.

 

"Yah appa!! Why are you so loud in the morning?! I was ready...you didn't have to yell," you argued, although you knew there was no point to this conversation.

 

"Okay Sulyeonnie, let's just get you to school."

 

You got your backpack and headed towards the door. Sigh. After nine years of not being the new girl, here I am again. Maybe this time I'll just keep to myself and focus on my studies. Friends are overrated anyways. Either way I have Sehun...whether he likes it or not.

 

You get into your dad's car and head off to your new high school.

 

 

 

At School

 

While sitting in your dad's car in front of the school, your dad puts him arm around you.

 

"Sulyeon...you know I don't plan on moving again until you graduate. So you better work your hardest, like I know you always do."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter