008

Decision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon felt the heaviness in her eyes once she woke up from her sleep. She looked around to check on the atmosphere and she realized that she was in an unfamiliar room. She saw a frame right on the table next to the bed, it was a picture of her with Woohyun and Sunggyu. It was really a beautiful one since I was the one who captured the picture.

 

 

If I weren’t in the band, I would’ve ended up being a freelancer photographer, but I loved the band more than anything else. It was simply because I didn’t like to be alone, of course I enjoyed sparing my time alone but the band was really something, it meant the whole world to me. The band, Cliff Parade was the name – it was strange that the band was called ‘Cliff Parade’, it sounded like a punk rock emo band that could kill all those fangirls with their music, or maybe they actually did.

It all started with Sunggyu and Woohyun, they were best friends since high school, they did almost everything together, and Jiyeon was of course, included in the picture. Even if Jiyeon was slightly younger than them, but they still hang out together as Jiyeon was Sunggyu’s dear little sister after all and she has spent most of her time with Sunggyu. Sometimes Woohyun would come to their house to play music and he even wrote a few songs. That Nam Woohyun was no joke, he wrote songs that could bring someone to tears– well close enough. Until one day, the three of them stood at the edge of a cliff, feeling reckless and were desperate for a new fresh start. Of course, each of them had their own reasons, but those reasons seemed to be a secret, a good one. Nobody knew what was on their mind.

And Sunggyu just had to say it, ‘hey let’s form a band, you and me, Woohyun.’ But Sunggyu was sorry he couldn’t let Jiyeon to be in the band as didn’t want a female member and he didn’t want any of his band members to fall in love with her, including Woohyun. But nobody knew it was too late as Woohyun had already fallen in love with her since the beginning. Jiyeon just hadn’t seen that coming, right. That was the time where it all began, Cliff Parade was formed. Sunggyu tried to recruit a few members in the band, he himself as the lead vocalist and the keyboardist, Woohyun was the vocalist as well and bassist, I was the guitarist and Howon was the drummer. Sunggyu thought it was enough to have four members in the band, but a few months later Sungyeol joined us and became a guitarist too. I didn’t know why but I felt really comfortable around Sungyeol. We only met during the band practice and sometimes we went out eating together, but Sunggyu never mentioned his little sister nor brought her to us. Until one day I happened to meet her in the park and that’s where it all started.

 

 

Jiyeon smiled as she ran her fingers through the picture, it brought back all those memories when she used to spend her time with Sunggyu and Woohyun before Cliff Parade happened. If only Sunggyu didn’t ask her to focus on her study more and develop into classical music, she would’ve ended up spending her time making music with Cliff Parade, but Sunggyu had just to be a little , he thought that his little Jiyeonnie would never like rock music, simply because she was his good little girl. A good little girl would never listen to such music, wouldn’t she?

 

 

But little did Sunggyu know that Jiyeon has always been a part of Cliff Parade, because she was their muse or most likely Woohyun’s muse. Woohyun was in charge of writing the lyrics and Sunggyu would help him out with the arrangements.

That didn’t matter anyway. Jiyeon would always have a hard time to express her emotions to others, but Sunggyu and Woohyun were another story. They understood Jiyeon more than I did. I wish I could do the same. And I wish I could love her even more. I finally realized that I didn’t try hard enough to love her.

 

 

“Hey, you’re awake.”

Jiyeeon look up to find the voice and she smiled as she figured out the owner of the voice. He looked really perfect in casual, she admitted that he looked perfect all the time. His pointed noise, his eyes that could melt all the girls’ hearts, his lips that were always used to speak sweet things. He didn’t have broad shoulders like Sunggyu’s, but his toned abs were perfectly fine. Sure he’s the perfect boyfriend material, but was he Jiyeon’s ideal type?

“How did I get in here?” She asked.

“Guess you were tired and fell asleep. Are you hungry?”

Silence.

“Hyun oppa.”

“Eung?”

“Have you ever loved someone until the point of breaking?”

“Sure everyone has experienced that.”

“Including you, right, oppa.”

Woohyun was completely taken aback. Jiyeon knew that Woohyun was in love with her, as much as I did. Or maybe Woohyun loved her more than I did. Nobody knew. Woohyun didn’t know how to answer her, instead he kept his mouth shut.

“Answer me, Hyunnie.”

“I don’t have a reason.”

“Tch. Liar.”

Woohyun hated that word. Liar. He wasn’t even lying. Okay, maybe he did, but so what? He was lying for good, he didn’t want to lose Jiyeon, not yet. He wasn’t ready to live in a world without Park Jiyeon. Okay, maybe that’s another lie, but who cared right? Nam Woohyun couldn’t help but to fall in love with her right after he saw her for the first time. But Nam Woohyun was a , wasn’t he. He kept on denying that he shouldn’t fall for Jiyeon simply because he didn’t want to ruin his friendship with Sunggyu. Jiyeon was Sunggyu’s little sister. Love wasn’t something that could be controlled, after all emotion itself couldn’t be controlled. Humans were literally controlled by the emotions burning inside, if Woohyun was strong enough, he wouldn’t fall for Jiyeon, right. But being a pathetic guy he was, Woohyun fall for Jiyeon, the fact that she was his best friend’s little sister, he didn’t even dare to lay his fingers on her.

Woohyun had always wondered why did he do that. Why couldn’t he lay his fingers on her. Why was he so afraid that Sunggyu might leave him if he ever dated Jiyeon. He didn’t try hard enough to prove his love, that he kept the pain all to himself and suffered alone. Woohyun loved everything about her, and he wasn’t a guy who would say that lightly. He was a guy who has faked love his entire life. Woohyun thought love was just something idiots thought they felt, but this woman, Park Jiyeon, has a hold on his heart that he couldn’t break if he wanted to, and there have been times that he wanted to. It has been overwhelming and humbling and even painful at times, but he could not stop loving her any more than he could stop breathing. Woohyun was hopelessly, irretrievably in love with her. More than she knew.

“You know I hate liars. Everyone does.”

“Jiyeona, isn’t it good if you lie a little bit, just a little bit. You did lie to me, right? What are you? Saying that you love me when clearly you can’t live without Myungsoo. Park Jiyeon, don’t ever lie to me again. If you love him, get him. Don’t ever set him free again. I’m sick of your never-ending drama. You both are in a deep pain. Don’t mind me, forget that I ever existed. Okay, that’s too far. Maybe you can’t forget that I’m always here by your side, but please, for the sake of your relationship, stop making me feeling all guilty by putting me in the middle of your relationship with him. I’m tired, Park Jji. I wanted to be happy as well, but guess I won’t be achieving the happiness because you haven’t yet. I want you to be happy so that I could be happy for you, for the both of you. Now forget me, and move on.”

Woohyun was lying again, wasn’t he. He kept on denying his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter