Of The Hidden Truth.

We do not have chemistry!

Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo were having lunch like usual the next day. Youngjae couldn’t stop smiling when he thought about yesterday. It was the best moment ever that Youngjae wished he recorded it yesterday. He realized that Daehyun brought happiness to him - after he acted cruel to him that Youngjae was really unsure why – but let bygone be bygone right?

Zelo nudged Jongup who was focusing on his food when he noticed Youngjae was smiling alone. Jongup shot a dirty look at Zelo so Zelo pointed at Youngjae secretly using his lips. “What?” Jongup hissed. “Youngjae is crazy. He is smiling alone. I’m scared.” Zelo whispered then Jongup looked at Youngjae too.

“Why don’t you ask him why he was smiling?” Jongup suggested before he ate again. Zelo gulped before he poked Youngjae’s arm causing the boy to look at him, still smiling. “Why are you smiling alone? I’m scared.” Zelo said. Jongup coughed and Youngjae chuckled. “Nothing. I just think something happy.” He confessed while offering his orange juice to Jongup that Jongup gladly took.

Zelo nodded while his lips formed ‘o’ shape then Jongup smacked his head. “Yah! Why are you acting like a child in front of Youngjae?” He asked. Zelo rubbed his head while glaring at Jongup. “I am not!” Zelo replied and he launched his counter attack towards Jongup. “Why are getting mad at me huh?!” He asked while pulling Jongup’s hair.

Jongup moaned in pain as he tried to push the boy away from him. Youngjae only laughed at them then he turned to his side just to see Daehyun there. He smiled at Daehyun and Daehyun smiled back. “Are you guys 18 or 8 years old? Don’t you feel ashamed doing that when Youngjae is around?” Daehyun asked while pulling Zelo from torturing Jongup.

Zelo glared at Jongup and Jongup glared back at him. “He started it first!” Zelo defended his self. “Well I won’t if you stop acting like a child.” Jongup answered calmly. Youngjae looked at Daehyun and Daehyun looked back at him while shaking his head. “Each if you, say sorry to one another.” Daehyun advised.

They didn’t say it as both were waiting who would say it first. Daehyun ignored the boys when he sat next to Youngjae and took a sandwich. Youngjae breathed when he could feel the tension air around them.

“Uhm, before I forgot, my parents invite you guys for a dinner this weekend.” Youngjae said, trying to help out but none of Jongup and Zelo responded to him. Daehyun raised his brows towards the boys before he looked at Youngjae. “Who else is coming?” He asked as he munched his sandwich.

Youngjae smiled. “I only ask my friends though and that would be you, Jongup, Zelo, Yongguk and Himchan.” He answered brightly. Daehyun’s face became gloom when he heard Yongguk’s and Himchan’s names were on the list too. He still didn’t talk with Yongguk after he punched Yongguk before though also he didn’t go to Matoki’s Café too.

 He nodded boringly before he answered;

“Really? I will look at my schedule first okay?” He said before he finished his sandwich and walked away.  Youngjae watched Daehyun walked until he was gone from his sight then he turned to Jongup and Zelo again. “Will you guys come?” He asked. Zelo shrugged before he answered; “I will if this guy is away from me.”

“Me too.” Jongup added. Both were glaring at each other again and Youngjae only smiled even if it was not a real one.

 

 

 

Since today he didn’t have to study with Daehyun, Youngjae walked outside early. He went to Yongguk’s class to ask him about the dinner but Yongguk was not there so he assumed that Yongguk was at Matoki’s Café. Youngjae noticed that he didn’t feel jealous when he saw Himchan with Yongguk that it made him to think again; was he really liked Yongguk that way?

Or maybe he was caught in the moment because Yongguk was the only one who really nice to him before that he always protected him like a brother. Youngjae nodded. He liked Yongguk as his brother too, not a lover.

Himchan greeted him as soon as he entered the café. “JaeJae!” He said while pulling Youngjae into a hug. Youngjae returned the hug before he pulled back and smiled widely at him. “How are you? I rarely meet you these days.” Youngjae said when they walked towards a table. “I know right. Eh, what do you want? I’ll make you a drink.” Himchan offered.

“The usual.” Youngjae said. Just then Youngjae saw Yongguk walking towards him from the back of the café. He waved at Yongguk, signaling Yongguk to come there. Yongguk came with Himchan who was holding a tray of three cups of coffee. Youngjae smiled looking at their closeness.

Youngjae sipped his drink after saying thank you to Himchan and he began to tell them his wish. “Actually, I want to invite you guys to my home this weeken for a dinner.” Youngjae said with a hope that they would give him a better reaction. Yongguk and Himchan looked at each other before they looked at Youngjae again.

 “My parents really want to meet my friends, so yeah. Will you come?” Youngjae added when the couple didn’t response earlier. Youngjae sipped his drink again nervously while waiting for the answer. Himchan laughed while nodding his head furiously. “Oh my God, of course we will come! Right Yongguk?” Himchan looked at Yongguk daringly that made him smiled.

“Yeah, of course we will Youngjae, so start smiling again.” Yongguk said as caressed Himchan’s hair. Youngjae smiled brightly. At least he was not fully rejected today. “That’s great! I can’t wait to tell my mother about this.” He said while looking at the couple in front of him. They smiled at him too.

“So are you guys together now?” Youngjae asked curiously. He could see Himchan blushed from his question. Yongguk only chuckled before he nodded. “Yeah, we are still new anyway.” Yongguk said. “It took him forever to confess Youngjae! I was so frustrated with him before.” Himchan added that caused Yongguk to look at him in mused.

“You were frustrated with me? Hey! Then why didn’t you confess first?”

“I was shy…”

“Since when are you shy huh?”

“Shut up.”

Youngjae laughed looking at the couple. Himchan was blushing while Yongguk kept teasing him. It was romantic. How he wished one day he could be like that too, though it was impossible for him.

 

~^*^~

 

The next day Youngjae didn’t talk to Daehyun. He was not in the mood to talk with the boy after yesterday. He felt that Daehyun acting childish by still not forgiving Yongguk though he knew, it was tough for him but Youngjae did forgive everyone. He didn’t hate the people who bullied him before so why Daehyun couldn’t forgive Yongguk? He didn’t understand that.

Youngjae went to the rooftop but no one was there. He sighed before he slowly turned his heel around and walked away from the place. He held his lunchbox tightly as he was heading to his classroom again. Youngjae never had his lunch before because he knew he would eat alone and he hated it.

It was enough to eat alone at home so it was better if he didn’t eat at school. Youngjae put his lunchbox on his desk before he headed out again. He needed to go to the staffroom to meet Mrs. Song anyway.

“Good morning Mrs. Song.” Youngjae greeted his teacher when he arrived. “Good morning Youngjae.” Mrs. Song replied with her sweet smile. “So why did you call me here, teacher? Is there anything that you need my help with?” Youngjae asked politely. His teacher nodded her head while taking out a file from her drawer before she handed it out for him.

“This file contains your latest examination result so I guess I can count on you to give it to your class. I have to go for a camp starting tomorrow so I’m afraid that I don’t have time to give it to your class.” She informed the boy with regret.

Youngjae only smiled and nodded. “Yes Mrs. Song, I will give it to them today.” Youngjae replied. “Ah, thank you. By the way, the new boy – ah, Daehyun! He is really a smart student. I never expected him to be like that despite of his naughty behavior. You should convince him to be a tutor for your juniors.” She added with a bright face.

Youngjae nodded hesitantly before he muttered a yes then he excused his self to go back to their class. Youngjae still remembered that Daehyun he failed his Chemistry and they didn’t have any examination yet since Youngjae started to teach him Chemistry so how could he be the smart one? Youngjae shook his head.

Maybe he only failed his Chemistry.

 

Daehyun grabbed the file from Youngjae immediately when the boy was giving out the paper to their classmates. Youngjae gave him a wtf look before he tried to get the file back from Daehyun but Daehyun didn’t let it happened. “It’s okay. You go sit there; I will give out the rest. Alright?” He grinned innocently. Youngjae knew Daehyun hid something from him but he didn’t want to fight with him so he nodded.

He looked at the cheerful Daehyun who was teasing their classmates then Daehyun looked at him too. Daehyun smiled when Youngjae was reading him secretly and Youngjae smiled back.

 

Youngjae was staring at Daehyun who was busy solving the problem he gave with a questionable face. “Daehyun..” He called. Daehyun only hummed in reply without looking at Youngjae but when Youngjae didn’t reply back to him, he lifted his head just to look at Youngjae who was staring at him. He chuckled.

“I know that my face make any hearts melt but Youngjae, please control yourself.” He said proudly. Youngjae ignored the statement and went straight to his question.

“Why do you dislike Yongguk so much?”

Daehyun stopped his hand from writing, thinking back to Youngjae’s question then he shrugged. “I don’t know. Why did you ask?” He said dryly. Youngjae sighed. “You can tell me anything, Dae.” Youngjae said when he took Daehyun’s hand in his as he tried to motivate Daehyun so he could help him.

Daehyun became stiffed out of sudden when Youngjae took his hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze. He let out a bitter laugh as he shook his head when he relaxed. “There is nothing to be told about.” He said. “Don’t you trust me?” Youngjae asked in concerned. Daehyun stopped writing again and looked at his angel with love.

“I could ask the same to you.” He said after he took a deep breath. Youngjae gasped as he was shocked. He really couldn’t believe his ears when he heard the statement coming out from Daehyun’s lips. He let go of Daehyun’s hand slowly from his grip.

“What do you mean? I told you everything Dae.”

“Not everything Jae.” Daehyun shook his head while staring at Youngjae’s eyes. “You saw me punched Yongguk the other day and you didn’t come to me, but to him. I wasn’t mad that you still choose him over me but you could always tell that you still like him.” Daehyun sighed before he broke the eye contact.

So I don’t have to risk my heart for you.

Youngjae looked at him with disbelief. “You’re unbelievable Daehyun, unbelievable. Then why don’t you ask Jongup and Zelo about that?” Youngjae suggested sarcastically before he walked away. He didn’t want Daehyun to see him cry again. He was crying too much lately.

 

 

So that night Daehyun called both Jongup and Zelo to his house. It was urgent he said. “Now firstly I want you two to make up so both of you can answer my next question in ease.” Daehyun said while pushing the boys closer.

“Make out?! Are you crazy?!”

“Oh just kill me so I don’t have to kiss this dork anymore!”

“Who are you calling dork huh?”

“No one. Why? Are you a dork?”

“BOTH OF YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW!”\

Daehyun shouted that made the boys stopped quarrelling. “Look, I don’t care if you want to kill each other later but right now, please, give me your time so I can get back to Youngjae.” Daehyun was practically begging those boys that made them to look at each other and nodded. “We’re sorry Daehyun.” Jongup said first. “Yeah, we won’t fight anymore.” Zelo added while smiling at Jongup.

They hugged for a moment before Daehyun broke them apart.

“Good. Now tell me, why did Youngjae went to Yongguk that day when I punched Yongguk?” He asked impatiently. Jongup and Zelo exchanged a look before they answered hesitantly. “Well, actually, Youngjae knew you guys are brothers so we told him to confront Yongguk. That way, there would be less misunderstanding.” Zelo said while hiding behind Jongup. He afraid that Daehyun might blow up.

“Who told Youngjae about us?” Daehyun asked confusedly. Both Jongup and Zelo gave him their sheepish smile that made Daehyun face palmed hi self and cursed silently. “Why the did you tell him that?!” He asked while trying to control his anger. Jongup gulped. “We trust Youngjae you know plus we really positive that Youngaje could help you with Yongguk again.” Jongup said.

Daehyun sat on his bed while holding his head. They stayed in silence for a while before Jongup and Zelo came near him and comfort him. “I shouldn’t jump into a conclusion just like that should I?” He asked in regret.

 “I should apologize to him.”

“We too.”

“Wait Zelo, didn’t you say you don’t want to kiss Jongup anymore? Since when did you guys kiss each other?”

 

~^*^~

 

Youngjae came to his school next day just to see a flower on his desk. He looked at the flower, searching for any clue why it was on his desk before he looked around his class. There were a few students in the class but none of them was trying to claim the flower so Youngjae thought maybe it was for him.

Youngjae sat down on his chair and took the flower to examine it closely. It was beautiful. His eyes caught a hint of a small note that was tied around the flower’s body so he took it out carefully.

Meet me at the lake after class.

-youknowwho-

Daehyun. He thought when he read the messaged again. Youngjae watched Daehyun walked into the class without looking back at him that made his heart sank. I should be the one who is mad right now. Why is he always overreacting? Youngjae huffed before he put the flower in his bag.

Youngjae didn’t go anywhere when it was recess and he didn’t bring his lunchbox too. He was busy finishing his Mathematical problem when Jongup and Zelo came into his class. He smiled when he saw they had made up.

“Why are you guys coming here?” Youngjae asked as they sat next to him. “Well, we didn’t see you at the rooftop plus we want to visit your classroom.” Jongup answered. Youngjae shrugged. “Well, I don’t see you guys at the rooftop yesterday so I guess it would be the same too today so I didn’t go there. I still have to finish this anyway.” He replied while showing them his book.

“We’re sorry for yesterday though. We were selfish that we didn’t think of you.” Zelo said. Youngjae chuckled while denying it. “Nah, I was fine yesterday. So, will you come to my house this weekend?” Youngjae asked, hopefully they would say yes.

“Yes!” Both said at the same time. They hugged in group for a moment before eating the foods that Jongup and Zelo bought.

 

 

Youngjae turned around to look at Daehyun after the bell rang but he couldn’t see the boy anymore. He looked at the small note again and the flower before he decide that he would go to the lake if he wanted to find out why Daehyun sent a flower; if it was really Daehyun who sent it to him.

There was no one at the lake but Youngjae didn’t go anywhere. He sat at the bench patiently waiting for Daehyun to come. After fifteen minutes waiting, finally Daehyun came. Youngjae tried not to smile since he should be mad at Daehyun but seeing the boy was smiling at him, he couldn’t help but to smile too.

“Hey, sorry that I’m late. I was at the toilet before.” He said shyly. “It’s okay. Was it you who gave this flower to me?” Youngjae asked, showing him the flower he received earlier. Daehyun nodded.

 “Yeah, do you like it?”

Youngjae nodded. They were sitting in silence again for a moment and Youngjae could see Daehyun was trying to say something but every time he parted his lips, he would close it again the next second.

“What is it Dae?” Youngjae asked softly. “I’m sorry.” Daehyun blurted out.

“For what?”

“For everything.” Daehyun said while looking at Youngjae pleadingly. “I shouldn’t come up with my own conclusion. I’m so sorry.” He added when Youngjae didn’t response.

“It’s okay Dae.”

“No it is not. It is my fault and I’m really regretted it now Jae. I really am stupid.” He said. Youngjae rubbed Daehyun’s back, trying to comfort him when Daehyun pulled him for a hug. “I trust you. I trust you so much that it hurts.” He confessed and then he started telling Youngjae about his relationship with Yongguk.

“I said to myself, that I will make Yongguk suffered like he did to me before. I will seduce his boyfriend and make him mine while leaving Yongguk heart broken so when I thought you were his boyfriend, I knew I couldn’t do it. I like you since the first time we met, when I bumped into you that made we both fell. Do you remember it?”

Youngjae nodded.

“That was the first time I saw you smile and I was already fell for it. I was really glad when you want to be my friend and when I thought you were Yongguk’s boyfriend, I can’t be friend with you anymore. I know I was selfish for that. I even hurt you. I’m sorry. I really want to stay mad at you but I can’t bear it when I found out that scared at me. I don’t want you to scare at me Jae, I don’t if anyone else did but not you. You can’t scare at me.”

Daehyun wiped Youngjae’s tears.

“When you told me that you are not Yongguk’s boyfriend, I felt mad at myself. I hurt you for nothing. You are the innocent soul in this game. I keep rethinking about everything after that. What if I forget my revenge for Yongguk and continue our friendship that time? I could make you to fall for me. I could make you to like me too Jae.”

Youngjae wiped Daehyun’s tears.

“Please give me another chance. I won’t make you cry again.” Daehyun begged. His voice was shaky and so did his hand when he brushed Youngjae’s hair gently. “You promise?” Youngjae whispered. “I can’t promise but I promise you I’ll try my best. I was so in love with you Jae.” Daehyun confessed. His heart was pumping like crazy when Youngjae was looking at him with his wide eyes.

“I know this is so sudden for you but please don’t freak out Jae. I can’t lose you anymore.”

Youngjae only nodded after he thought about it for a while. He liked Daehyun before anyway and he trusted him now so why not? Daehyun kissed his forehead, feeling grateful when Youngjae agreed. He couldn’t hide his smile when he felt his heart was blooming heavenly.

“Will you forgive Yongguk? Don’t live in your past anymore Dae. Look at me, I forgive everyone in this school and I forgive you too. Forgive and forget alright?” Youngjae advised him. Daehyun only nodded before he kissed Youngjae’s hands. “And you’re my past, present and my future.”

“Will you come to my house this weekend?” Youngjae slightly pouted. Daehyun chuckled looking at his Princess while nodding.

“Yes I will so stop doing that.”

“I will.”

They sat there in silence again watching the calm lake in front of them while rewinding about their second meeting here.

“Dae.”

“Hmm.”

“You didn’t really fail your Chemistry right?” Youngjae asked looking at Daehyun’s eyes boldly. Daehyun gulped before he shook his head. He groaned and rubbed his cheeks when Youngjae pinched them. “What was that for?” He scowled then he pouted. “That was for lying to me and makes me do such dare. Psh.”  Youngjae replied.

Daehyun grinned as he pulled Youngjae closer to him. “I’m sorry. That was the only way I could think of to make you to talk to me again plus Jongup and Zelo keep saying that we do not have Chemistry!” Daehyun defended his self. “But I was really scared that you might do something terrible to me that time if I don’t want to take it…” Youngjae trailed off.

Daehyun chuckled. “I know. That’s why I said so or you won’t say yes.” He kissed Youngjae’s cheek before Youngjae pushed his face away. “What is the truth you want to tell me?” Youngjae asked causing Daehyun to shrug. “I don’t know. That depends on your question.” He answered as he tried to kiss Youngjae’s cheek again.

“But you already answer everything.”

“Then you’re not lucky.” Daehyun said playfully. “Yah!” Youngjae said as he stood up. “You really have a problem to keep your hands off me, Mister.” Youngjae pointed at him. Daehyun smirked.

“So?” He stood up too, trying to pull Youngjae again but Youngjae stepped back from him. “Back off.” He said when Daehyun stepped forwards. Youngjae ended up running for his life when Daehyun didn’t know how to give up.

 

~^*^~

 

Youngjae was helping his mother setting up their table that evening. His mother insisted to cook for their dinner though their maids said it was their duty but his mother never listened. She even told them to rest so they could do their duty later when their guests arrived.

Youngjae shrugged when his father was looking at his wife before he turned to his son. Then he shook his head.

It was sharp at 7 p.m. when the first bell rang so Youngjae quickly ran to open the door. Himchan and Yongguk were the first to arrive. Youngjae laughed when his mother greeted the couple excitedly before she leaded them to the living room.

Zelo and Jongup arrived 10 minutes later with Jongup held a basket of fruits that made his mother giggled in joy. Himchan and Yongguk were regretted since they didn’t bring anything but his father denied it.

Youngjae was looking at the watch nervously while waiting for Daehyun. He couldn’t stand still when Daehyun didn’t arrive yet when the clock showed 7.45 p.m. He didn’t feel like smiling either.

“Youngjae, where is Daehyun?” Himchan asked. Youngjae shrugged saying he didn’t know. That was the perfect time when the bell finally rang. Youngjae opened the door just to find a figure holding a big bouquet of flowers that had blocked his face.

Youngjae didn’t feel amused.

“Who are you?” Youngjae asked dryly. “Err flower delivery?” A voice answered and Youngjae had to call Zelo to help him with the flower. Luckily Zelo was tall so he could get the flowers easily. Youngjae widened his eyes when he saw Daehyun behind those flowers. He was looking rather tired while panting for his breath.

“Daehyun?!” Everyone said in sync. Youngjae and Zelo didn’t realize too when the others joined them at the door but it was so funny to watch it.

“Err… hi?” Daehyun waved awkwardly but then he groaned in pain while holding his wrist. Youngjae took a look at his wrist before looking back at him. “What were you thinking when you brought these flowers?” He hissed. “You.” Daehyun said before he pecked Youngjae’s lips.

Youngjae blushed when everyone aww-ed at them and he hit Daehyun slightly. They came into the house after struggling to get the flowers into the house too and everyone took a sit at the table.

“Why are you late though?” Youngjae sounded sulky. Daehyun chuckled. “The flower shop took a longer time than I expected to make me the bouquet plus the little girl there was flirting with me.” Daehyun said earning a laugh from everyone.

Youngjae narrowed his eyes at Daehyun and Yongguk when the brothers made a high five. Like Yongguk, like Daehyun; brothers. He thought before he laughed too. The dinner resumed and Youngjae couldn’t be grateful enough for this life of him.

Thank you.

 


 

Hey!! 

This fic is over! I'm glad that i could finish it before tonight but i'm also sad because i don't know when will i make a fic again ;;

Anyway, how do you think about this fic? About its ending? Is it rush?

It was a bit different from what i imagined it would be but i satisfied with it. haha. 

Thank you for staying with me and reading this fic! I really appreciated it ^^

and bye-bye, see you guys in April~