Of Spending Dae(s) With Yoo.

We do not have chemistry!

Daehyun kept glancing at his watch, he couldn’t wait anymore. He didn’t pay any attention to his last class for today; he didn’t favor history anyway. The bell finally rang and Daehyun said ‘yes’ way too loud that even his teacher was looking at him.

“What? It’s over.” He said casually before packing his things. His classmates were talking to each other to plan for the weekends, they even invited him too but Daehyun rejected it politely. Daehyun walked towards Youngjae slowly from behind then poked the boy causing the boy to flinch. Daehyun chuckled at his reaction.

Youngjae glared at him before he stood up with his backpack too. “Let’s go?” Daehyun asked, earning a nod from Youngjae. “Are we heading to the field?” Youngjae asked after they walked in silence a while ago. Daehyun only nodded. He watched how Youngjae clutched his backpack tightly with his hands that Daehyun was dying to hold so to avoid him doing something without his brain could process what; he shoved his hands in his pocket.

People might see him as cool but truthfully, he was dying. They reached at the field five minutes later. The field was not empty though, Youngjae could see some of the students were playing soccer there when he and Daehyun sat down on the bench. Luckily, the bench had a table with it. Youngjae looked at Daehyun who was holding his self from running towards his friends and played along so he smirked.

“Don’t you want to go there and join them?” He asked while taking out his Chemistry book. Daehyun looked at Youngjae weirdly before he shrugged.

“Can I?” He grinned.

“No.”

Daehyun pouted. “Not after we finished this Daehyun.” Youngjae said dryly. Daehyun nodded and they started the lesson immediately. Daehyun was very serious to finish the lesson with Youngjae so he could play the soccer. It was hard to focus on what Youngjae was explaining when he could hear some of his friends were shouting in victory. Maybe they made a goal. He thought.

“Daehyun..” Youngjae called. He didn’t response at first as his eyes were locked at the ball over there. Youngjae sighed before he called again, this time he poked the boy too. Only then he got a reply from him. Daehyun looked at him while smiling.

“You called?” He asked.

“Why are we here exactly? You don’t even give your attention to me, to this book but you give it to them over there. If you want to go and play, then go. I’m not wasting my time for you anymore.” Youngjae sounded sulky that made Daehyun felt sorry for him.

“I’m sorry Jae but seriously, I don’t know they’re going to be here today. I thought it is going to be us only.”

“Liar.”

“Jae please, trust me. I don’t want to study in library today because yesterday was enough. Did you know how long I took to get out of the crowd while you walking out together with him? 1 hour Jae, 1 hour! Plus, I know you didn’t feel comfortable either studying there. I saw how they were looking at you, like a duck.” Daehyun chuckled.

Youngjae raised his eyebrows. “Then what makes you think I would feel comfortable here? Who told you to be so popular? You can’t blame me if I left you alone yesterday plus Yongguk was waiting for me. I can’t make him wait any longer and why duck? Do I look like a duck to you?” He crossed his arms over his chest and puffed his cheeks.

“Yeah, a very cute and adorable duck you are.” Daehyun laughed. Youngjae glared at him before he packed his things. “Jae, I’m sorry but you can’t leave. Not yet. We’re still not finish here.” Daehyun stopped Youngjae by holding his hands. He wanted to squeal hard and smile widely but he needed to act serious that moment.

OOooooohhh, even his hand is soft. His skin is very flawless… I wonder how would it taste… Eehhehe.

And Daehyun smiled widely looking at their hands. Youngjae quickly pulled his hand back to him when he watched Daehyun becoming weird. “But you’re not interested with this book anymore.” Youngjae said as he pouted slightly. Oh but I’m interested in you. Daehyun thought as he felt the urge to pinch Youngjae’s cheeks.

“Don’t tell me you’re giving up over a ball? Bull. Now where were we?” Daehyun ignored Youngjae as he took the book again and searched for the previous page. “I was explaining Harber Process to you just now. It’s on page 77.” Youngjae said after looking at the struggling Daehyun.

They studied for the next 45 minutes before they finally stopped. Daehyun really kept his words though he didn’t tell Youngjae directly but Youngjae noticed, he didn’t look at his friends anymore. He focus on their studying plus he corrected Youngjae too when Youngjae was wrong. They were helping each other equally and Youngjae could see the hint of Daehyun’s other side that he kept as a secret from everyone else.

“Wargh! I’m tired! My brain is tired!” Daehyun was mourning helplessly while faking his tears. Youngjae only shook his head and chuckled at him. “Look at you. Now you’re laughing at me. Do I look funny?” Daehyun huffed at Youngjae before he stretched his tensed muscles. “You can go to your friends if you want Dae.” Youngjae said while gathering his things up.

Daehyun was taken aback by his name that Youngjae called. He looked amused that he grinned.

“Is that my nickname?”

“What?”

“Dae?”

“You don’t like it? Sorry then. I don’t realize that I call you like that, my bad Daehyun.”

“No no no!! I like it! I very like it, I like it so much. There’s no word that can describe how much that I like it when you call me like that so please! It’s Dae for you!” He said while caressing his thumb over Youngjae’s cheek. It was so soft that made his heart melt. Daehyun didn’t realize that he was sitting on the table though but Youngjae did.

He blinked looking at Daehyun who was a few inch from him. Daehyun was talking like a train just now when he suddenly climbed up onto the table and reached for him. Youngjae was too shock looking at Daehyun that he became stiffed when the boy suddenly touched his face but now looking at the smiling Daehyun made he regained his sense back.

He stood up and walked away from Daehyun while touching his cheek that Daehyun caressed before. “What is wrong with you? It’s just a name and please don’t touch me like that or do that again.” Youngjae said confusedly. His cheeks were flushed with a shaded pink as he breathed heavily. Daehyun stood up too as he ruffled his hair, pretending to restyle it while taking a glance at Youngjae.

His cheeks were red too because that was one of the things that he did which his brain couldn’t process what it was. “Uh, I’m sorry. Well, I’m going there – uh – what about you? Do you want to join us?” He asked shyly. Youngjae looked at the centre of the field, most of the students who played soccer before had gone home. He wanted to play too but he didn’t dare to nod his head because it would be awkward for them to play with a minor like him.

Youngjae shook his head. “Nah, I’m alright here. Maybe I can sit here and watch you play or I can go home.” Youngjae answered. “And I say you sit here and watch. We’ll go home together.” Daehyun replied then he jogged towards his friends.

Youngjae smiled when he saw the boy played happily. Daehyun didn’t give a chance at the others when he controlled the ball his self and made a few more goals. Youngjae was sure that was Daehyun’s way to release his stress when he noticed how aggressive Daehyun look.

Daehyun ran to Youngjae brightly after he done playing. He wanted to play more but it was getting late so he wanted to send Youngjae home first. He was grateful enough that Youngjae let him play plus the boy waited for him patiently until he was done playing. “Youngjae, let’s go.” He said while panting for oxygen. Youngjae offered him a bottle of water and Daehyun gladly took it.

“Are you done?” Youngjae said while looking at his watch. Daehyun nodded as a reply causing Youngjae to raise his eyebrows. “Wow. Are you sure? It’s not an hour yet you know.” Youngjae teased. Daehyun smirked. “Why? Do you want to sleep here? I can play until the next morning but I don’t know about you.” There was a double meaning behing those sentences that only Daehyun understood it. He even laughed thinking about it that made Youngjae looked at him weirdly.

“Ugh fine. Let’s go.”

“Do you want to take a break at Matoki’s Café?”

“Sure.”

 

 

 

Youngjae laughed at Daehyun’s jokes on their way to Matoki’s Café. His life was boring and dull before, he never laughed like this but now, he was glad that he met new characters for his life. He met Jongup, Zelo and Daehyun that made him forget his life before. Even though he had Yongguk before but it was different. With Yongguk, he always shy and blushed like a girl but with the three dorks, he was his self.

Youngjae entered the café first when Daehyun was being a gentleman by opening the door for him. “Go sit at the table, I’ll be back with our drinks.” Daehyun whispered causing Youngjae to squirm. They both chuckled for no reason before Daehyun walked to the counter and Youngjae looked around to find an empty table.

His smile and laugh soon faded when he saw a couple was deep in kiss at a corner of the café. Youngjae didn’t know what to say or what to do when he saw Yongguk and Himchan there. His heart was shattered and his sight was blurring and that was when Daehyun came.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Daehyun asked when he stood next to Youngjae. “N-nothing. I-I think… I have to go. Sorry.” Youngjae replied before he ran outside the café. Daehyun frowned when Youngjae behave like that so he looked at the direction Youngjae looked earlier and he placed the cups he was holding before he ran outside too.

“Youngjae!” He called but Youngjae didn’t stop running. Daehyun ran faster so he could catch Youngjae and he did, he grabbed Youngjae’s wrist that he spun the boy around and wrapped his arms around him. Daehyun guessed Youngjae cried when he felt his shirt wet. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know they were there.” He whispered. Though he felt happy because Youngjae saw it, hell, he should thank the couple for helping him without plan it first but he was hurt too when he saw Youngjae cried.

Daehyun caressed Youngjae’s hair lovingly, hoping that it would calm him down. Youngjae was still sobbing when Daehyun broke the hug and cupped Youngjae’s face. “Hey, he doesn’t worth it you know.” Daehyun said but Youngjae didn’t respond him. The crowded street didn’t help him either so he pulled Youngjae with him to the lake, his hide out – their hide out.

Daehyun made Youngjae sat on the bench while he kneeling in front of the boy. He wiped Youngjae’s tears gently as he whispered sorry. “He was really stupid to leave a great boyfriend like you for Himchan.” Daehyun confessed. If he was Yongguk, he wouldn’t let Youngjae go, not from his heart not even from his sight. Daehyun sighed. It was official; he was really in love with Youngjae.

It will be a war at home later.

“We’re not a couple.” Youngjae mumbled.

“Sorry?”

“I’m n-not his boyff-friend…” Youngjae wiped his tears. “He i-is n-not my b-boyfriend…” Youngjae closed his eyes when he couldn’t stop sobbing. Daehyun heard a loud pang in his brain. He was still processing the input when he suddenly remembered what Jongup had told him before.

Youngjae is not Yongguk’s boyfriend.

Yongguk is not Youngjae’s boyfriend.

They are not a couple.

Youngjae is single.

Youngjae is mine.

Mine!!!

Daehyun stood up suddenly while holding his head before he moved to a tree and kicked it hard. He was groaning in pain after that. “WARGH!! STUPID!! YOU SON OF A !! I WILL KILL YOU!!” He shouted out before he kicked the tree again and held his feet over and over again.

It still will be a war at home later. 

Youngjae stopped crying as he looked at Daehyun confusedly. Why is he overreacting? He frowned. “Dae…” Youngjae called but Daehyun was too busy kicking the tree that he didn’t hear it. “Daehyun!” He called again but got the same response. Youngjae stood up  and took a deep breath before he hollered;

“JUNG DAEHYUN!!!”

And Daehyun stopped. He looked at Youngjae who was frowning at him.

“Yes?”

“Why are you overreacting? Are you mocking me?” Youngjae said. His voice sounded sad as he sat again. Daehyun approached him slowly and sat next to him. “Are you done crying?” He asked. Youngjae shook his head causing Daehyun to curse.

“Stop it Jae. Why are you crying over someone who is not your boyfriend? I understand if you cry because he cheated on you but he is not your boyfriend plus he is not cheating on you. Don’t cry anymore Jae, you will look pathetic.”

Youngjae smiled weakly at him. “Who are you to say that I’m pathetic? Do you know me that much that you guess I’m crying over him?”

“Well what else can I think about? I know how much you like him Jae.” Daehyun was taken aback by Youngjae’s words.

 “Then stop jumping into a conclusion if you don’t know the whole story or better don’t say anything if you only know a little. Yeah, I admit. My heart was broken when I saw them but that was not the reason I cry. I cry because I feel stupid. For your information, Yongguk confessed to me yesterday that he likes Himchan and I don’t care for it. I still hope for him to return my feelings but this is what I get.” Youngjae felt his eyes blurred again. He blinked back his tears before he continued.

“I should realize that no one will like me more than friend. No one will treat me more than a friend. I’m just the friend zone type.” He wiped his tears that flowing down his cheeks. Daehyun didn’t know what to reply so he only pulled Youngjae into his arms. He embraced Youngjae with all his heart, silently prayed that one day Youngjae will notice him.

He knew he was wrong otherwise he could have Youngjae by now. He was mad at Yongguk for never told him about his status with Youngjae though.

Daehyun and Youngjae stayed like that for a while until Youngjae was no longer crying and the sky became darkened. Daehyun woke up from his deep thought when Youngjae pulled his self from Daehyun.

“Should we go home now?” Daehyun asked caringly. Youngjae only nodded. He was tired today that he just wanted to sleep. They walked together to Youngjae’s home in silence.

“Do you want to come in?” Youngjae asked when they reached the mansion. Daehyun shook his head while smiling. “Nah, I need to go home too. My mother would be worried by now. She nags a lot, trust me.” He said. Youngjae chuckled before he nodded. “Okay then, go home safely. Don’t cause trouble.” Youngjae reminded.

“Alright Princess. You too, don’t skip your dinner and enjoy your weekends. Stop thinking about it yeah?” Daehyun said. Youngjae smiled before he nodded again.

“Enjoy your weekends too Dae.”

 

 

 

Daehyun walked into his house with his annoyance face as soon as he saw Yongguk. He glared when Yongguk smiled at him as he walked up to his room. His family already had their dinner since he came home late anyway.

Daehyun threw his self on the bed while thinking about today. It was long and tiring day for him, especially with Youngjae around. Daehyun shifted his gaze towards Yongguk who was standing at the door, debating with his self whether he should come in or not.

“Just come in and leave the door alone.” Daehyun groaned. He still couldn’t believe that he hurt Youngjae for nothing. He still couldn’t believe he only knew the truth now. He still couldn’t believe no one told him about it – or was it he that didn’t listen to anyone? Daehyun straightened up his upper body while ruffling his hair.

“Mom said you can have din – “

“What do you want?”

“I want to tell you what Omma told me to.” Yongguk blinked. He really couldn’t predict Daehyun, he was like a wave. At a moment the boy was cheerful and the next second he was like a storm then he would change to a lovely boy. Yongguk shook his head.

“Why you never told me that Youngjae is not your boyfriend?” Daehyun asked. “You never asked.” Yongguk replied. “ that. You could always tell me!” Daehyun growled as he stood up and approaching Yongguk slowly. “I almost make him hating me because of you, do you know that?!” He hissed. “I hurt him for nothing for ’s sake!” He added.

“I’m not a psychic Daehyun so how do I know what you are thinking? How do I know you know Youngjae before? So why would I told you randomly?” Yongguk asked back causing Daehyun to admit it silently.

“You shouldn’t trust anyone blindly without investigate it yourself anyway and please, stop jumping into a conclusion without making sure of it. You will be at lost if you do so.” Yongguk added. Daehyun didn’t reply though, he just looked at the floor while frowning. Yongguk placed his hand on Daehyun’s shoulder hesitantly before he spoke.

“Don’t think too hard Daehyun. It’s not too late yet.” He said as he patted his brother. “Anyway, Omma said you can have dinner after you showered. She already set up the table for you.” Yongguk reminded Daehyun before he left.

 

 

 

Youngjae spent his weekend while discussing about his universities after he graduated from high school with his parents. They suggested him a very exclusive and quality university when he told them he wanted to follow their step. He wanted to run their business one day and his parents were so grateful that he chose so. It was their biggest wish anyway.

Youngjae spent his night before thinking about everything. He didn’t think about Yongguk and Himchan anymore as he kept thinking about Daehyun. He started to think that Daehyun was not that bad but it was still early to trust that boy. Who knows if Daehyun could hurt him again?

“Ah Sweetheart, I really want to see your friends. The maids told me they came here before to visit you when you were sick. I didn’t say my thankful yet to them because they came to entertain you.” His mother said.

“Yeah, Appa would like to see them too. Invite them to our dinner next weekend.” His father suggested. Youngjae nodded with his smile. He was glad that his parents wanted to meet his friends; this would be his first time bringing his friends to his home and his first time to introduce his friends to his parents.

“Yes Appa, Omma. I’ll tell them on school tomorrow.”

 

~^*^~

 

Youngjae was collecting his classmates’ works so he could send it to Mr. Andrew, their English teacher and when he stopped to collect Daehyun’s, he knew it wouldn’t be easy. Daehyun was grinning like a child at him that made Youngjae smiled too. “Give it to me.” Youngjae said when he tried to get the paper from Daehyun but Daehyun was fast enough to pull it away.

“Sing the song first! Wait OMG NO YOU SHOULD DANCE TO IT TOO!” Daehyun said in excitement that was a bit loud when the noisy class suddenly became silence and everyone was looking at them. Youngjae felt his blood rushed to his cheeks that made him to look down at the floor, hiding his face from others.

“Guys please, I know I’m good looking but this boy in front of me would think you are looking at him. He is blushing already so chop! Chop! Stop looking!” Daehyun clapped his hands while laughing when his classmates were giving a dirty look. Youngjae quickly grabbed the paper from Daehyun and rushed outside the class.

Their teachers were in meeting again so it was a freedom to the students.

Youngjae bumped into Jongup and Zelo when he was walking back to his class. The boys were walking back to their class too after a moment at the toilet. They were talking and laughing when they saw Daehyun punched Yongguk in his face at the sly hallway. Youngjae gasped when he saw it and he looked at Jongup and Zelo who were shocked like him too.

He wondered why Daehyun punched Yongguk though he knew that Daehyun hated Yongguk. He looked at Jongup and Zelo confusedly. “You know, I wonder why Daehyun hated Yongguk so much.” Youngjae said while still looking at Yongguk who was standing alone there. He didn’t see Daehyun anymore.

“I did say Daehyun has a brother right? Well, his brother transferred into this school.” Jongup answered. Youngjae looked at him bewildered when he remembered Yongguk was transferred into this school too. That was why Yongguk was nice to him, unlike the others since Youngjae was the first student he talked to.

 “Who is this brother we are talking about?”

“It’s Yongguk.”

 

 

 

Jongup and Zelo approached Daehyun who was lying on the field. Youngjae wanted to comfort Daehyun but Zelo insisted him to talk to Yongguk about it or there would more misunderstanding between them so Youngjae agreed. They went to Daehyun and Youngjae went to Yongguk.

Daehyun glanced at the two boys before he spoke. “We didn’t win the game…” He said. Both Jongup and Zelo looked at each other before they looked at Daehyun. “What?” They asked. “Yeah. Yongguk planned it. They lost in purpose.” He let out a bitter laugh as he straightened up his body.

Some of the soccer players accidentally told Daehyun about it when they were questioning Yongguk’s and Daehyun’s skills. He wanted to beat them but he needed to see Yongguk first. He didn’t know what possessed him when he punched Yongguk as soon as his brother admitted it. Daehyun felt broken. Jongup and Zelo sat next to him with their ‘o’ mouth.

“Is that why you punched him earlier?”

“You saw it?”

“Youngjae too.”

“Oh…” Daehyun trailed off. “Is he with Yongguk now?” He asked bitterly and he let out a bitterer laugh when Jongup and Zelo nodded. Everything was bitter for him now.

You still like him, Jae. You’re right. You’re not pathetic. I am.

Zelo rubbed his back trying to calm Daehyun down. “Maybe he got a reason why he did this Daehyun. Did you ask him why?” Jongup asked softly. Daehyun shook his head weakly. He folded his legs and buried his head in between. He just wanted to cry.

He felt like everyone was playing with his heart.

 

 

 

Youngjae looked at Yongguk who was touching his sore lips that Daehyun punched before. He was lucky that there was no cut on lips, only bruise that didn’t very visible. Daehyun finally knew about it and he didn’t blame the boy when he punched him. It was his fault anyway. Yongguk just wanted to help but maybe his way of helping was wrong.

“Is that hurt?” Youngjae broke the silence. Yongguk looked at him before he shook. He gave Youngjae a small smile that Youngjae didn’t return. “You and Daehyun… are guys brothers?” Youngjae asked after he took a deep breath. Yongguk looked at him rather shocked because he didn’t sure how Youngjae knew.

He never told anyone about it, not even his friends. Daehyun told him not to because the boy once told him how much he hated Yongguk since Yongguk didn’t admit their brotherhood before.

Yongguk nodded thinking that maybe it was Daehyun who told Youngjae about it. He guessed Youngjae knew everything then. “Why did you do it?” Youngjae asked softly. Yongguk looked down to the floor, he didn’t know what to answer. He shrugged.

“What do you expect Youngjae? My parents were really love him, they care so much about him that sometimes I feel left out. Daehyun didn’t notice that though. I was still a kid that time so I didn’t know what I was thinking when I bully him. When I know I was adopted, my hatred for him became real but he never told anyone about it.” Yongguk sounded regretted.

Yongguk took a deep breath before he continued and Youngjae listened patiently. “I was really regretted it Youngjae. I didn’t know it caused him to be like this. My parents and I didn’t know what to do anymore so we just act like usual but Daehyun always acted like he was a stranger in the house. It was my fault Youngjae, my fault!” Yongguk cried.

Youngjae patted Yongguk’s back hesitantly before he pulled Yongguk for a hug. He felt at ease when Daehyun hugged him before so he thought that maybe it would help Yongguk too. “It’s okay Yongguk. It was your past, it was Daehyun’s past. Stop living in it, I’m sure Daehyun has forgiven you.” Youngjae assured him to think positive.

“I don’t know Youngjae. I don’t know.” Yongguk said when he pulled back from the hug. “Trust me, it’s going to be alright.” Youngjae smiled and Yongguk smiled back. “Thank you Youngjae. Daehyun is so lucky to have you.” He said. “I mean as a friend. You know, Daehyun is really nice. He loves children too.” Yongguk added when Youngjae was looking at him weirdly.

“Yeah, like you.” Youngjae replied. Yongguk chuckled as he ruffled Youngjae’s hair. “Uhm, can I ask you something?” Youngjae asked after a moment. “Yeah, sure. What is it?” Yongguk asked back.

“Who am I in your life?”

“You are my nicest friend that I see as my brother and sister. I really love you for that.”

Yongguk said while hugging Youngjae again. Youngjae laughed when he heard Yongguk. “Do I look like a girl to you?” He pretended to be mad.

 “Hell yes! I thought you were a girl when we first talked.”

“I know I’m beautiful~”

 

 

 

 

Daehyun walked besides Youngjae without sparing a glance at the boy or even since 3 minutes ago that made Youngjae feeling anxious. He kept glancing at Daehyun, waiting for the boy next to him to talk but he didn’t. He nibbled his lips while clutching on his bag tightly, battling with his self whether he should initiate the conversation or not.

Youngjae breathed when he finally decided that he would talk first.

“Where – “

“Do you – “

Both Daehyun and Youngjae stopped walking, staring at each other before they laughed at the moment just now. Youngjae was glad that at least Daehyun was laughing.

“You first Jae.”

Youngjae nodded shyly. “Well, I was asking where you went after recess. If you want to graduate, you still have to come to class, Dae.” Youngjae emphasized the nickname before he stuck his tongue out at Daehyun causing the boy to laugh before he answered. “Just hang out at the field, alone.” He emphasized the word ‘alone’ too when Youngjae shot him a dirty look.

“Oohh, look at you. Are you not afraid of me anymore huh?” He asked playfully which Youngjae rolled his eyes in response. “Anyway, I don’t feel like studying today so I was asking if you want to play soccer with me…?” He trailed off to look at Youngjae’s reaction.

“But I didn’t know how. You would find it boring playing with me.” Youngjae said when they started to walk again. “That’s okay. I can teach you plus I want to play for fun, not for a game.” He said. Youngjae noticed a slight angst in Daehyun’s voice so he held Daehyun’s hand in his while smiling.

Daehyun looked at their hands before he looked at Youngjae confusedly. “Stop making that face. Come on then. I’m a very slow learner so don’t regret it later okay?” Youngjae said while pulling Daehyun with him to the field.

There was no one else there except them and Youngjae grinned widely. Now, I feel confident since no one is here. He thought before he turned to Daehyun who nudged his side earlier. “What are you thinking huh? You’re not thinking any funny business here are you?” Daehyun chuckled before he jogged away first.

Youngjae tried to hit him when he jogged away. “Try and get me!” He said while controlling the ball. Youngjae shook his head and chuckled afterwards before he jogged towards Daehyun. They played soccer for a while and that was when Youngjae felt like it was the happiest moment in his life. Daehyun coached him well too although they were just playing for fun.

He managed to get two goals while Daehyun with nothing. He knew Daehyun did that for purpose but that was okay. 

 


 

So only one chapter after this!! Woohoooo!!

Everything will be cleared out so just wait. huehue.