Of Starting Something New.

We do not have chemistry!

Daehyun spitted his apple and went for a big gulp of water after he heard Jongup. He gave both Jongup and Zelo a wtf look when they laughed at him.

Woahoo wrong move Daehyun, wrong move. This is code red.

“What do you mean Youngjae is scared at me??” He asked impatiently. “Ridiculous! What did I do to him??” He added before he drank the water again. Zelo shrugged. “Oh I don’t know. Maybe because he received his death threads every day right Jongup?” Daehyun watched the boy nodded.

“If he is not with us, I bet he already moved out of this school a month ago.” Zelo added. Daehyun frowned while thinking his next move. That’s it! I can’t stand it anymore. Who cares if he is Yongguk’s? I can be friends with him if that what he wants. He thought. Daehyun stood up before he rushed to the library too.

He faked his smile at the students there as he looked around to find Youngjae. Daehyun sighed and his face was not bright as usual when he finally knew why Youngjae was avoiding him all this time.

He was scared at me.

Daehyun didn’t care if everyone scared at him but he didn’t want Youngjae to scare at him. That was not on his planned. Daehyun was walking back to his class when he saw Youngjae was talking to Yongguk brightly. How he wished Youngjae could smile like that to him again. He groaned in frustration before he walked away from his class.

 

Daehyun always at the field when he skipped his class or when his mind was not on its right place so it was easy for Jongup to find him. “You should be in class if you want to be friends with Youngjae though.” The boy said.

“You need to learn to control your emission Daehyun. Don’t let it control you.” He added when Daehyun didn’t reply. They stayed in silence for a while then Daehyun decided to speak up. “I want him to talk me but how? Things have gotten worst.” Daehyun said. “I’ll try talk to Youngjae alright? Oh, actually Yongguk’s boyfriend is not Youngjae.” Jongup said before he walked away.

“Wait what? What do you mean Yongguk’s boyfriend is not Youngjae?! Yah!!”

 

 

~^*^~

 

 

It had been a week since Daehyun tried to confront Youngjae and so Youngjae had been avoiding him. It had been a week since Daehyun mood not bright as usual too.

He looked around the empty classroom and his gaze longing at Youngjae’s empty seat. Why he was stupid enough to break their friendship just because he thought Youngjae is Yongguk’s boyfriend? Why he was so selfish that he didn’t listen to anyone?

Youngjae shouldn’t be scared at me.

He was walking through the sly hallway when he heard noises at the corner of it. He could hear people talked and laughed when he walked closer to the corner. Daehyun crossed his arms as he leaned to the wall where he could see a group of boys were kicking another boy whom fell on the floor. He couldn’t see who the boy was though because they were blocking his view. The boys seemed to not notice him yet anyway.

“Do you think your friends can save you now huh?!”

“Don’t you dare to think that they care for you, stupid! They’re just messing up with you.”

“Oh, you know how to glare now. I’m impressed! What? They taught you that? Daehyun sent us to beat you so stop dreaming.”

“No one cared for you and no one can save you. Not your clown friends and not even your boyfriend~”

And they all laughed like there would be no tomorrow until one of them stopped when he saw Daehyun were looking at them fiercely. “I think I’ve told everyone that I hate people who lied to me.” He said coldly. The boys nodded in response immediately while looking at their feet. “Well, I hate people who lied especially for those who used my name like this. What? Do I look that bad?” They shook their head furiously.

Daehyun massaged his head gently while guessing that maybe this wasn’t the first time they’re using his name for bullying. Maybe other students use my name to scare others too. He groaned. “Just go home and leave the boy alone. Be grateful that I only warned you.” Daehyun said.

He was about to walk away when his ears caught a soft whimper coming from behind. Daehyun froze and he felt really mad when he saw Youngjae on the floor. He looked at the boys as he balled his fist; they were shaken looking at him like that though. “What the did you do to him?!” He roared.

He kicked the boys hardly on their abdomen causing them to fall so Daehyun took the oppoturnity to beat them one by one. “I don’t need your sorry anymore you son of a ! How many times do I have to tell you to leave Youngjae alone?!” He hollered while breathing heavily. Daehyun finally stopped when he heard Youngjae was sobbing and whimpered from the pain.

He kneeled next to the boy and hesitantly touched his bruised lips. Youngjae watched Daehyun with fear; if he could run, he had run by now. “I’m sorry...” Daehyun whispered when Youngjae looked away from him. Daehyun grabbed his bad and Youngjae’s before he took Youngjae in his arms carefully. He could feel how Youngjae’s body tensed in his arms but that was not important for now.

Youngjae’s safety was more important to him. “Tell everyone in this school that Youngjae is mine. Only I can do that to him. If I see anyone touches his hair, then be prepared to die.” Daehyun warned the boys before he quickly walked away.

Should I take Youngjae to his home or mine? No, Yongguk is at home. Youngjae will go all lovey dovey with him.

 

 

“Daehyun…” Youngjae called with his broken voice. Daehyun didn’t hear at first but after he pretended to cough so badly, Daehyun finally noticed. He stopped moving and put Youngjae down on his lap at the street. “Are you okay??” He asked. Youngjae looked at Daehyun who looked at him in concerned and he nodded.

“Yeah.. I just want.. to say thank you…” He said as he tried to get up.

“You can’t walk.”

Daehyun said as he pulled Youngjae closer to him. “Just leave me here then. I don’t want.. to trouble you..” He said silently. Daehyun frowned as he started to get piss. Even he was sad looking at Youngjae like this but he was also mad at Youngjae.

“I just saved you and now you tell me to go? Yah! Are you really stupid or are you crazy now?! Just for how long already they have been doing that to you and you didn’t tell anyone at all, not even Jongup or Zelo. You just acted like nothing happen and give that god damn smile of yours. Do you know how worried your parents would be, how worried your friends would be if they see you like this? Do you even realize you could be killed?”

Daehyun watched Youngjae who was looking at the ground while trying to calm down. He couldn’t see Youngjae’s face but he knew Youngjae was taking his words. “Come on. We need to do something with your face and your hands, your legs; your everything!” Daehyun sighed. Jongup was right; sometimes he needed to control his emotion.

“Why do you even care..” Youngjae whipered as he wiped his tears. Daehyun heard that but he couldn’t answer it instead he kneeled down and offered his back to Youngjae. “I’ll piggyback you okay?” He said when Youngjae seemed confused but then he hop up on Daehyun’s back.

“Where are we going?”

“Matoki’s Café.”

 

 

Himchan looked at Daehyun and Youngjae repeatedly. He didn’t see Youngjae after the last time with Yongguk and now he came again with Daehyun. He didn’t understand what was going on between these two when Daehyun was taking a weak Youngjae into his café.

He watched Youngjae whimpered softly as Daehyun cleaned his wound gently.

“Is that hurt?”

Youngjae shook his head.

"Hold it in a bit.”

Youngjae nodded.

“I always come here if I got bruises all over me. Himchan taught me how to nurse myself since he is not available everyday to take care of me.” Daehyun said while smiling. Youngjae didn’t smile back, he just blinked and nodded hesitantly. They turned to Himchan after they were done with the treatment and only then Youngjae tried to smile with his bruised lips to thank Himchan for the medicine.

“It’s not a big deal anyway.” Himchan said before he chuckled. Youngjae tried to laugh too but his condition didn’t allow him. “So, what did you do Youngjae?” Himchan asked as he leaned on his back. “H-huh?” Youngjae asked confusedly. “People did that to him.” Daehyun answered casually before he got up to keep the aid kit on its place.

“Really?” Himchan leaned closer to examine Youngjae’s face and hands. He looked sorry and Youngjae just smiled. “It’s not a big deal.” He said. “It’s a big deal Youngjae. I don’t like it.” Daehyun said from the counter. “You should tell someone about this and not keeping it as your dark secret.” He added. Youngjae didn’t reply.

“I wonder why they keep coming for you Jae. Did you do anything to them?” He asked. “Do I look like I’m capable to do anything to them?” Youngjae asked back causing Daehyun to think it again.

Yeah. You make me crazy with your smile.

“It’s not my fault if they don’t want to let me go.” Youngjae whispered.

Himchan shrugged while looking at the busy Daehyun who was making a coffee and a silent Youngjae who was sitting across him. He didn’t know what to say so he just waited until Daehyun came with a cup of coffee. “Drink up, you need sugar. I’ll send you home after you finish that.” He said after he placed Caramel Macchiato in front of Youngjae.

“Thank you but I want to go home now.” Youngjae replied without even glanced at the coffee. Daehyun sat across him and shook his head when Youngjae looked at him.

“And I said finish that first.”

“No.”

“No?”

“No.”

“Youngjae…”

“I want to go home…” Youngjae said. His voice sounded shaky.

“Let’s go.” Daehyun sighed.

 

 

Youngjae lied on his bed while listening to his mother and Daehyun’s conversation at outside of his room. He didn’t know why Daehyun helped him today. Was it true that Daehyun didn’t send the boys? Youngjae tossed to his right when Daehyun was telling his mother about the bullies. He closed his eyes and ears as he tried to erase the incident this afternoon.

 

~^*^~

 

Youngjae didn’t go to school next day. It was his first time to skip school and that only because his mother forced him to do so. Youngjae wondered if someone would notice his absence at school today.

He was eating the soup his mother made for him when his bedroom door was opened and Youngjae looked up just to see Jongup, Zelo and Daehyun approaching him. His face lighted up when he saw Jongup and Zelo but faded as soon as he saw Daehyun. They sat on his bed, quarelling to take turn to ask Youngjae how he felt, who did that to him, when they did that and many more.

Youngjae chuckled watching them and soon the chaotic moment became ease.

“Youngjae I’m sorry. I promise you wouldn’t meet the jerks again.” Jongup said with his pleading eyes. “Yeah, I’m sorry too. I was too captivated with your beautiful eyes to not notice that you lied to us all this while.” Zelo added as he took Youngjae’s hand in his. Daehyun eyes were burnt from the skin contact so he quickly took Zelo’s hand away.

Youngjae ignored Daehyun though.

“What are you guys sorry for? This is not your fault.” Youngjae said softly. “Of course we are sorry! We almost get killed by someone today!!” Zelo and Jongup said at the same time. Daehyun just grinned looking at those two while Youngjae frowning. “Who?” He asked. “Just someone. He is a beast.” Zelo whispered the last words but Daehyun smacked his head anyway. “Watch your mouth.” He hissed.

Zelo rubbed his head while whining causing Youngjae and Jongup to laugh. They talked for a while before they took their leave and at the same time, Yongguk arrived.

“Youngjae I’m so sorry! I was – “ Yongguk looked at the three boys with shocked at first before he continued his words. “I was waiting for these pancakes so I’m late. I swear the old lady was flirting with me.” He finished his words with laugh. Everyone in the room laughed except Daehyun.

“Am I interrupting something?” Yongguk asked as he walked closer to the bed. “Nah, we’re leaving anyway. I’m glad you’re here though. You can keep Youngjae a company when we’re gone.” Jongup said and Zelo nodded. Youngjae couldn’t stop smiling since he laid his eyes on Yongguk a minute ago.

Daehyun groaned. “Come on, let’s go.” He said before he walked out of the room without a goodbye. “I’m sorry for Daehyun, he can be rude sometimes. Goodbye Youngjae~” Zelo said as he gave Youngjae a kiss at the cheek. Daehyun would probably kill him if he saw that. “Bye Youngjae. See you at school when you’re good.” Jongup waved.

“Well, I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with me.” Yongguk said while serving the pancakes. Youngjae chuckled.

“How’s school?”

“In chaos.” Yongguk said dryly. Youngjae raised his eyebrows as he munched a pancake.

“What do you mean school in chaos?”

“Everyone is talking about Daehyun’s thread; he will beat anyone to death if he sees you like this again.”

Youngjae chocked on his pancake. He grabbed his glass and let the water flowed into his throat quickly. “Why everyone? Is he going to close down the school or what?” Youngjae asked irritated. Yongguk laughed at him before he shrugged. Youngjae was not amused. Now, his life was full with Daehyun.

He thought when Yongguk finally here, he could forget about Daehyun but he was wrong. It whether Daehyun had come into his life or he had come into Daehyun’s life.

 

~^*^~

 

Weeks had past and Youngjae finally came to school again. He felt that he had fully recovered since a week ago but his mother insisted to make him stay for another week. It was good when he felt cared but Youngjae knew he needed to go to school. He couldn’t bail his studies just because he wanted love from his parents.

His schoolmates didn’t care about him anymore and Youngjae was grateful enough for that. It was recess, like usual when Youngjae walked to the staffroom to collect his homework and gave his doctor’s letter to Mrs. Song. Youngjae was walking nervously when he saw the boys who bullied him before, glaring at him.

Youngjae sighed in relief when he reached the staffroom alive without getting touched.

“Oh Youngjae!” He heard Mrs. Song called him. “Teacher.” He smiled. “How are you doing? Are you feeling better?” Mrs. Song asked in concern. “I’m all good teacher. Thank you for asking.” Youngjae answered politely before he handed out the letter for his teacher. Mrs. Song only smiled and kept it in her file then she turned to Youngjae again.

“Can I get my homework?” Youngjae asked. “Oh, sure.” Mrs. Song replied before she took out another file which contains several papers in it. “Here you go. Your due date is next week alright?” She said and Youngjae nodded. “Oh Youngjae?” She called when Youngjae was about to walk away.

“Please collect your classmates’ work too okay? I want it on my table tomorrow.”

Youngjae nodded. He knew Mrs. Song only can count on him.

 

 

Youngjae was walking back to his class when he saw Daehyun at the canteen, laughing out with his friends and he tried his best to walk without Daehyun noticed but, that was not going to happen.

“Youngjae!”

He heard Daehyun called. Youngjae stopped walking and turned to look at Daehyun who was now walking towards him with a bright face. “How are you feeling?” He asked. “I’m good.” Youngjae answered.

“Where are you going?”

“Class.”

“Have you eaten?”

Youngjae nodded.

“Did you go to get your homework?”

Youngjae nodded.

“Do you want to give a company while I’m eating?”

Youngjae shook his head. Daehyun sighed.

“What is wrong with you?”

“Nothing. I’ll go first.” He said and he walked without looking at Daehyun again.

“Youngjae!”

Daehyun frowned looking at Youngjae who was walking away from him. He stared at him until he was gone from his sight. Daehyun didn’t understand Youngjae again. Why he acted cold like that? Why he didn’t want to talk? Was he still scared at him after he saved him?

 

 

Youngjae stared at the book while thinking about Daehyun again. Although he felt guilty but he couldn’t talk to Daehyun like before anymore. Daehyun was confusing him from day to day. At first, Daehyun liked him then Daehyun hated him and now he was acting like he liked Youngjae again.

He was grateful that Daehyun helped him the other day plus he even helped him with the cut but still, he didn’t dare to talk to Daehyun again. He didn’t want the boy to help him anymore and he didn’t want to have any connections with him anymore even it was impossible for him.

Jongup and Zelo did advise him that Daehyun was not that bad. Youngjae was scared of Daehyun before because the boys that bullied him said it was Daehyun who sent them. He still remembered they said how Daehyun hated it when Youngjae stared at him so that was why he avoided Daehyun. If he didn’t want to be friends anymore so why bother to talk to him again?

Youngjae didn’t tell anyone because he thought he could handle it. He really wanted to stand own his own and solved his own problem but yeah, he was not that strong. He didn’t want to trouble anyone for his problem too.

 

 

“Youngjae!”

Daehyun called again. Three days and that was enough. If Youngjae wanted to play hard to get then he would play along. If Youngjae didn’t want to talk to him then he would make Youngjae talk to him.

He jogged towards Youngjae who stood ahead from him. They were walking home together after the school was over. Actually it was Daehyun who followed Youngjae from behind, they were not really walking home together.

Youngjae looked at Daehyun with a pout. His head was aching since in school and he just wanted to get home as soon as possible so he could take shower and sleep. Daehyun felt his heart skipped a beat when he looked at Youngjae like that plus he almost forgot what he wanted to tell the beautiful boy in front of him when he parted his mouth to speak.

The clock seemed like it had stopped moving as Daehyun couldn’t see anything moving beside Youngjae’s eyes which were looking at him weirdly. Daehyun couldn’t hear any sound on the busy street before beside his own heartbeat that made him breathed heavily.

“I thought only his smile could make me like this…”

“Yes?” Youngjae said when Daehyun didn’t give a response since a minute ago. Daehyun regained to his self when he heard Youngjae so he cleared his throat and adjusted his backpack also restyle his hair while cursing silently for his careless. He looked at Youngjae after a moment then he spoke.

“Meet me at the field after school tomorrow.” He said dryly. ((he was struggling to hide his excitement though))

“Why?”

“Because I said so.”

“No.”

“After school, at the field. Bye Youngjae~”

Daehyun walked away with a wide grin on his face. He was lucky Youngjae couldn’t see it or the boy would look at him like he had two heads. Youngjae sighed before he walked away too.

 


Hello hello!

I'm sorry that I took time to update. ehemehemhemhem.

Anyway, I hope this chapter would make it up. What do you think?

Also thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting this fic! You guys have my heart ;; <33