Of Mascot and Kiss.

We do not have chemistry!

 It was recess and there was Youngjae walking in the hallway carrying a pile of books that had taken half of his right to see what was coming from the front. He let out a soft whimper when he had to climb the stairs and balancing himself to not fall flat on his face. He took in a sharp breathe when he reached the second floor before he went straight to the staffroom but there was another obstacle in front of him.

Youngjae cringed at the sight of the sliding door in front of him. He puffed his cheeks; frustrated with the situation in front of him. Youngjae shook his head in disbelief and mentally chanting inside his head that he could do this. Just a few steps and he would be free from all these books. As his first trial, Youngjae tried to use his feet to slide the door open but it didn’t work then he tried using his hips and it didn’t work too.

He looked to his left and to his right, hoping that there would be any help but he saw nothing, not even air. Sighing, Youngjae  bent his knees until his lips matched the level of the hand grip at the door then just before his lips touched the steel, the door was opened, of course from the inside which meant Youngjae was now facing a crotch of  his helper or stranger.

Youngjae’s eyes were twice bigger from its normal eyes like they would be pop out of their socket anytime soon since his face was just a few inches from it. Youngjae gasped and stumbled back on his ; his books were all over him. Youngjae whimpered slightly as he rubbed his then he heard a low chuckle coming from above him so he looked up just to meet his eyes with the other pairs.

Youngjae broke the eye contact second after that and started to gather his books while he was trying to hide his tomato face. Why it must be him? God, this is so embarrassing! Youngjae thought while picking up his books when suddenly the guy bent down next to him with one of Youngjae’s books in his grip.

Youngjae froze when the guy offered him the book, then he continued to stare at the book and the guy before the guy suddenly laughed. Youngjae blushed madly. “Come on, you should get up.” The guy as he offered his hand to Youngjae to help the brunette to stand on his feet. Great. First book and now his hand. What a lucky day. Youngjae thought before he took the hand in his.

Youngjae brushed the dust off his pants when he finally standing still nears the guy – or should we say his crush; then he took his book while smiling at him and at the same time trying to control his blushing cheeks.

“I’m sorry for just now – I mean I tried using my feet and even my hips, my fingers and I looked around for help but there was no one that time and I only thought of using my teeth for the last option I swear it didn’t mean anything and I didn’t notice you were coming and – “

Youngjae swore his heart skipped a beat when his crush put his palm on Youngjae’s mouth to stop him from talking. “Youngjae.” He called. Youngjae hummed as a reply. “You were rambling.” He stated. Youngjae nodded with his eyes still focused on his crush. Youngjae blinked when the guy suddenly burst out his laugh after he taken back his hand causing Youngjae then to frown.

“Are you okay?” Youngjae asked in concern. The guy was trying to calm down as he nodded. “Yeah. I’m okay, it’s just – you look so cute when you do that.” He said. Youngjae blushed again. “Do what?” He gulped. “Do that.” The guy pinched his cheek and winked at Youngjae before he walked off.

Youngjae who was still caught off guard only stood there with one of his hand touching the cheek that his crush pinched and he immediately feel hot as he grinning ear to ear so he quickly walked into the staffroom and went straight to his homeroom teacher’s desk to hand in the assignment. “Good morning Mrs. Song, here is the assignment from our class.” Youngjae greeted his teacher politely before he placed the books on her desk.

“Thank you Youngjae.” She said and Youngjae nodded in response. “Then I will go first Mrs. Song.” He added then he did his bow. Mrs. Song called him just before he turned his back around. “Can you do me a favor? I have to make the announcement for the election for the new mascot for the upcoming soccer match but I don’t think I can make it up right now so could you please do the announcement for me?” Mrs. Song asked with her pouty face.

Youngjae chuckled softly as his teacher behavior. “Alright, I will. Can I get the script?” He asked and Mrs. Song gave it to him with mutual pleasure. “Thank you Youngjae~ I will treat you later okay?” She winked and Youngjae just laughed it off. Just be lucky because you are cute Mrs. Song. Youngjae thought as he made his way to the P.A system room.

 

 

The LalaLand Academy has a ritual with ChocoPuff Academy in which that every year; they have to select a different student to be the mascot for different sports that are held throughout the year, but of course only the mascot for the Soccer match was special. If Team LalaLand won the game, the mascot for Team ChocoPuff had to kiss the captain of Team LalaLand and mascot for Team LalaLand will automatically get an A for P.E subject. It was the vice versa if Team ChocoPuff won.

Plus, when it was said a different student, whether it was a boy or a girl, both can compete for the election but of course, mostly they will select a girl since it involve kissing. Which girl doesn’t want to be kiss by a captain of a soccer team anyway?

However, this year it had been rumored that the captain of ChocoPuff team was a horrible person. They said he was an addicted smoker, he didn’t shower for a week and most importantly, he was not good looking. Youngjae tried to hold his laughter when he heard the rumors because it was not logic for his thinking.

Plus, people these days were too much concerned for their physical beauty that they didn’t see the hearts which was full of sincerity.

Youngjae looked at the crowded hall and frowned. I thought they didn’t want to be the mascot so why bother coming here anyway? He shook his head on his thought and back to focus on what Mrs. Song was talking. Youngjae always came to the election, but not as a competitor, he was there as a supporter.

Youngjae loved soccer but he couldn’t play it because of his health and it didn’t mean he wanted to be the mascot either. Though, he didn’t sure about his ual orientation yet but he was sure he wouldn’t kiss a boy or a girl anytime soon.

“So until now, we didn’t get any participant for the election to be the mascot but don’t worry because we will open for the volunteer.” Mrs. Song announced proudly as she grinned but to her disappointment, none of the students there volunteered themselves. She frowned slightly at the response thus she asked the problem.

“We heard about the rumors and we didn’t want to ruin our reputation by kissing the horrible captain!” One of the girls said loudly, earning big laughter from both boys and girls. “Excuse me young lady, but have we, LalaLand Academy lost to ChocoPuff Academy? Have we? Huh?” Mrs. Song asked, her tone was a bit harsh. She scanned through the hall as everyone shook their head slowly.

“There is always a possibility that we would lost Mrs. Song. We just don’t want to take the risk.” Another girl answered and every student in the hall nodded in agreement. This time Youngjae balled his fist. “If that is what the girls think, then what about the boys? What makes you stop these girls from participate? Don’t tell me each of them is taken.” Mrs. Song snapped.

“Our pride will be lowered of course. Who wouldn’t be embarrassed when one of the girls in his school kissed a beast?” A male student answered playfully. “Just what has gotten into you people? Why do you care so much about physical appearance? Is it really important?! Think about the pride of our academy not your own pride!” Youngjae gritted his teeth to control his anger.

Now all eyes were on him and Youngjae suddenly feel embarrassed because he just noticed that his crush was in the hall too. “Of course it is important you loser! Do you want to kiss an ugly person? Or are you that desperate to be kissed since you’re the lone ranger here, huh?” A female voice rose; mocking him in such a way that caused the whole hall to fill with laughter.

“Yeah. If you don’t care so much, so why don’t you be the mascot? We would like to see you be the hero of this academy and kiss the god dam ugly prince!” Another voice mocked and Youngjae could feel his eyes sting. It was true he always alone but that didn’t mean he was desperate plus he didn’t want to kiss a stranger either.

“Youngjae?”

Youngjae flinched when he heard Mrs. Song called him. He followed his gaze towards her and Youngjae would never have the heart to say no when he saw the hopeful eyes of his favorite teacher. With a sigh, Youngjae nodded. “Alright. I’ll do it.”  He said causing the whole hall to gasp and some of them start to whisper to each other.

Youngjae really hated it when people whisper.

“Then I’ll make a deal with all of you except Youngjae since you guys are so rude and have no manners. If our team win, Youngjae doesn’t have to kiss the captain of  ChocoPuff but if our team lost, Youngjae has to kiss the captain – “

Whistle, tease, even curse can be heard in the hall.

“Like I said, if Youngjae has to kiss the captain then that means all of you here will do community service for a month with no exception! Are we clear?”

Youngjae gasped and looked at Mrs. Song with his eyes widened while his other schoolmates were groaning, grunting, cursing and all sort of protest. Mrs. Song nodded at him and Youngjae knew, he would have to meet his teacher after this. Youngjae looked around just to see his other teachers were collecting everyone’s ID card to prove their words.

Youngjae smiled without him noticed.

 

 

“Are you sure Youngjae?” Mrs. Song asked him for the 3rd time and Youngjae nodded for the 3rd time also. Mrs. Song sighed and hugged Youngjae. “You don’t have to do this you know. You are a smart student, a top student and everyone loves you  - “

“There is no everyone Mrs. Song. It was always me and myself. Look at me. I’m a freak because I’m smart, because I’m a top student and because the teachers here are pleased with me. Sometimes I wish I would do something wrong so we could be even but even though I made something wrong, it wouldn’t change anything. I’m tired.”

Youngjae let out all of his thought and he could feel his tears sliding down on his cheeks. Mrs. Song rubbed his back and whispered ‘it’s okay’ that made Youngjae felt like crying even more. No one had said it to him. No one ever comfort him. No one.

 

 

~^*^~

 

 

Youngjae walked to his home a bit late today. Honestly, he was also confused with his decision. Am I doing the right thing? He thought. Honestly, he was also surprised that he could stand up like that in front of everyone. He used to shy and nodded at everything and anything they were saying but what happened at the hall today was a bit shocking to him too. Youngjae sipped his banana milk until the box was empty before he threw it into the dustbin.

“YAH JUNG DAEHYUN!!”

Youngjae startled when he heard the name. It didn’t ring any bell but Youngjae wanted to stop to take a look at the owner. He could hear laughter and a scene of try-and-catch-me far from behind thus when he slowly turned to his back; he didn’t expect to be hit so hard by a figure of young male that knocked both him and the blonde boy down.

“Are you okay?” The blondie asked but before Youngjae could reply, he was already gone. Youngjae groaned when he saw scratched on his hands and by the time his blurry vision starting to become clear, another male sit next to him; asking him if he was okay and Youngjae could barely nodded. Youngjae squinted his eyes to get a better view before he blinked a few times then he agreed with his eyes that this male in front of him was indeed pretty.

Pretty? Isn’t it a bit weird for a guy?

“Come on, let’s get up. We don’t you to lie down all day here, do we?” The male stood up and offered his hand to Youngjae. Youngjae groaned. This was the second time he needed help to stand still on his own feet. First with him and now with this pretty guy. Just great Youngjae. He thought as he gave out his best smile to the pretty guy.

The pretty guy smiled back at him as he gestured his right hand to Youngjae. “I’m sorry for what happened earlier. That one friend of mine is really a stupid person so if you happen to see him at wherever, just don’t go near him. He’s a crazy one I tell you.” He was practically whispered for his last sentences, as if he afraid someone might hear them when the people there were really doesn’t care though.

Youngjae nodded in response although he was wondering how this pretty guy friend’s look liked since he couldn’t see clearly just now. “Oh by the way, my name is Himchan. You can call me Himchan or ChanChan or whatever suits you.” Pretty guy introduced himself with his wide smile and Youngjae smiled as he hesitantly placed his hand for a handshake with the pretty guy.

“I’m Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae, but just call me Youngjae.” Youngjae said after they broke off the handshake. “Youngjae, hm, Youngjae, Youngjae, Youngjae – aish. I’ll just call you JaeJae. It’s simpler and cute.” Himchan chirped whilst Youngjae made an ‘o’ mouth. “Um, I don’t mind.” He shrugged.

“So where are you heading Youngjae? I’m sorry we can’t talk longer because I have to take care of my shop.” Himchan said, there was a disappointment in his voice. Youngjae smiled again and shook his head.  “Nah, it’s fine. I’m heading home anyway and also thanks for helping me just now.”  Youngjae replied and he bowed 90’ to Himchan to show his sincerity.

Himchan just laughed it off and said it was not a problem. Youngjae had this warm feeling inside him that made him believe Himchan was a friendly and good person, somehow made Youngjae felt at eased though it was their first meeting.

“Here is my card and there is my café, just at the corner of this block. Come in there on your free time and I’ll give you a discount.” Himchan said that earned a chuckle from Youngjae. “Sure Himchan – hyung. Oh, you’re my hyung!” Youngjae beamed when he noticed the difference after he read the card.

After a couple of minutes, they finally break off. Youngjae walked forward to his home and Himchan walked backward to his café. Apart from they know, there was someone watching them secretly from a distance.

 

 

 

Youngjae reached home exactly on 6 p.m. He stared at the mansion in front of him for a while before he rushed inside it when the cloudy cloud started to pour it contain. Youngjae opened the main door and slipped out of his school shoes before he enter the front door of the house. Youngjae looked around the empty and dark house before he slowly muttered ‘I’m home’.

It has past 5 p.m. so he assumed that all the maids in the house has gone to their separate houses which were opposite of the mansion. His parents were neither the bad nor the good parents for him. They were just nice because at least, they still cared for his safety, meal and financial. They didn’t abandoned him directly anyway.

Youngjae watched the rain drops from the big window at the living room as he thought of his parents who were now probably busy with their works than taking care of their son; before he walked to his room while untying his school tie and stripped his clothes to take a hot bath. He really needed it right now.

That night Youngjae fell asleep with the sound of thunder clapping with the lightning trying to light up his room – his world as the rain kept pouring heavily.

Welcome to the life of Yoo Youngjae.

 

 

 

 

~^*^~

 

 

 

 

When Youngjae came to his school next day, he didn’t surprise to have everyone’s eyes all on him. He didn’t surprise to see people whispering and gossiping about him. He didn’t surprise to know that everyone was actually noticed his presence – besides being noticed as the top student. Youngjae felt nervous and excited at the same time.

The learning process was running smoothly as well as his life at school until it was recess. Youngjae barely stepped into the cafeteria though, he rather loved to be in the library or help copying notes for his classmates. Maybe that was why he seemed to be weak in their eyes but Youngjae, would never notice that. He just thought he was being nice.

Youngjae was finishing his assignment when his crush suddenly took a chair and sat in front of him where he put his hand on the edge of Youngjae’s desk and rested his chin on the hand. Youngjae faced him up and gulped when he noticed the tiny gap between them so he pushed to his back and smiled awkwardly at him.

“Hi.”

Youngjae said earning a small smile from the guy in front of him.

“Hi Youngjae. Well, the soccer match is on this Saturday right?” He arched his eyebrows causing Youngjae to frown slightly. “Yes.” Youngjae answered honestly while nodding. “So are you ready?” He asked another question that made Youngjae slightly pissed.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing.”

“Liar.”

“Youngjae..”

“What do you want Yongguk?”

Youngjae asked and he knew Yongguk noticed that there was an irritation tone when he spoke just now. Youngjae never talked with that voice or that tone before to anyone or to him but right now he just didn’t care. Why was everyone cared so much about him right now; whether he ready or not; he was sure or not because honestly, it was annoying.

“Are you mad Youngjae?” Yongguk asked as he leaned to his back with his arms crossed. Youngjae sighed and shook his head. “I’m not mad but it was just annoying you know. Since when these people care about me?” Youngjae huffed. They stayed in silent for a moment and Yongguk took the initiation to break it off when he smiled then he stood up.

“Well, if you say so Youngjae. Good luck.”

And then he left, leaving Youngjae all alone.

Is everyone really caring for me or they want something from me?

 

 

“Please don’t hurt him so much guys. We’ll just stick on the plan; lost and bail.”

“Ouch. Don’t be such a Yongguk. This happened because of his fault too. If he didn’t volunteer to be the damn mascot then we didn’t have to make a bull deal with Mrs. Song!”

“Yeah. Who cares if we don’t have the mascot – like, it was just a mascot. Who cares about the darn pride! School will be always a school! That , is really a stupid one Yongguk. Stop wasting your time protecting him.”

Youngjae bit his lips as he clutched tightly to his uniform, at the same time he was trying so hard not to cry. Why did I think they really care for me? I’m really stupid. He just happened to be at the scene when he was searching for Yongguk to apologize for his rude behavior during their recess. Some of the boys told him that he would be in hall so here he was, accidentally eavesdropping his conversation with his friends.

   Yes, Yongguk was the captain of LalaLand Academy and Youngjae currently having a hard time to trust what he had just heard that came from Yongguk’s lips.

We’ll just stick to the plan; lost and bail.

Youngjae didn’t notice that his tears slipped out of the corner of his eyes when he finally stepped out of the school gate. He always wondered why his life was always dull and sad? Dark and empty? It always the circle. Youngjae wiped his tears using his t-shirt as he continuously walked; with no destination.

Youngjae looked up to the signboard of Matoki’s Café in front of him with his puffy eyes. He wanted to go in there but, what would Himchan said if he saw him like this? What would his reaction be? What if he didn’t want to talk to him again if he think Youngjae was a problematic child?

No! No! No!

Their friendship was just starting and Youngjae was really scared if Himchan saw him right now like this, there would be no friendship at all. As Youngjae sighed deeply, he finally tore his sight away after 30 minutes staring at the shop then he started to walk away. Youngjae walked with his slump shoulders, thinking where he would go to distract him.

While Youngjae was walking with head hanging low and his gaze fixed on his shoes – like he always did, there was a girl suddenly stop in front of him that made him stop too. The girl was smiling sheepishly and Youngjae couldn’t help, but to smile back.

“Hey little one, anything that I can help you?” Youngjae asked, trying to sound friendly. Who knows maybe this girl would help me feel distracted by taking her back to her mother right? The girl nodded as she handed him a small note before she ran as fast as she could. Youngjae frowned looking at the girl before he opened the small note hesitantly.

I once see you smiled,

 it was a breathtaking; priceless for me.

If only you could put that smile again,

I wonder what would happen to me?

p/s ; walk 10 steps forward if you want to know what happen

p/p/s ; smile if you want to know what happen ;)

Youngjae read the note twice before he looked around, trying to find a clue about the note but he found none so he walked 10 steps forward and put on his best smile though he didn’t really want to smile. Youngjae stopped on the 10th step also he looked around to see if there was anything suspicious. He flinched when he felt his shirt was tugged so he shifted his sight downward just to see a boy, grinning widely at him.

Youngjae felt his lips automatically stretched upward forming a real smile when he saw the innocent face child giving him another small note before him also, like the little girl, ran as fast as he could. This time Youngjae didn’t frown but keep on smiling looking at boy until he was nowhere on his sight before he opened up the second small note.

Just like the boy,

Maybe I would run away as fast as I could.

Hey,

I see you now smiling like I hope you would!

p/s : keep walking 20 steps forward then turn to your right

p/p/s ; keep smiling, you look the best when you do it right ;D

Youngjae shook his head slowly when he read the note again. He wondered who would do this kind of things to him since he didn’t really have someone whom may be a clue. Youngjae kept the small notes in his jacket’s pocket before he walked 20 steps forward and turned to his right, like the small note said to.

Youngjae looked at the lake in front of his sight in awe as he never thought or noticed there would be a lake near the city. He looked around as he walked closer to a bench and he was greeted by both of the children that gave him the notes earlier. Youngjae smiled at both of them but his smile soon faded when he saw each of them was holding a rose; a white one and a red one.

Youngjae hesitated to take both roses since he didn’t know what was the meaning behind the roses, behind the small notes; behind all these! Who is responsible for these roses? He thought and as soon as he took the roses, he heard a melody; sure it was from a guitar. Youngjae waited patiently with his heart beating like crazy for the culprit to appear while both of the children running away from the scene.

“You make me smile like the sun,

Fall outta bed, Sing like a bird,

Dizzy in my head, Spin like a record,

Crazy on a Sunday night~

You make me dance like a fool,

Forget how to breathe,

Shine like gold, Buzz like a bee,

Just the thought can drive me wild,

Oh, you make me smile~”

Youngjae’s eyes never leaved the guy’s face when he was singing. All his gestures that he did, the face expression that he did and even the small wink he gave him, Youngjae would remember it forever in his life. This guy has blonde hair, boyish smile that would melt any hearts and of course, a sincere heart.

Even though Youngjae didn’t know – Youngjae didn’t intend to know why he was doing this, but Youngjae really appreciated it. No one had really made him feel special even for 30 seconds. No one had ever made any effort to see his smile anyway.

“That was what I would do when I see your smile. It’s kinda sweet isn’t it? Or was it cheesy? Wait no – it’s not too much right? Damn it.” Youngjae watched the boy ran his fingers into his silky blonde hair before he let out a small chuckle. The boy noticed it and he chuckled too. “Is it funny?” He asked Youngjae while staring deep into the brunette’s eyes.

Youngjae nodded.

“That was sweet, funny, a little too much, maybe a bit cheesy and for conclusion, I would give 3 stars.” Youngjae blushed slightly when he noticed the boy still looking at him. “I knew you will like it.” He replied as he walked closer to sit next to Youngjae on the bench. Both were smiling as the silent fell, each of them trying to recapture the scenery once again to be keep as their secret.

“I’m Daehyun.”

“Yoo Youngjae.”

 

 

~^*^~

 

 

 

It had been three days since they first met at the lake. Daehyun didn’t really ask what happened to him and he didn’t also ask why Daehyun made the effort for him. Both were keeping that as a secret of their life but with the same reason. It had been three days that Youngjae started to hang out at the Matoki’s Café. Himchan was glad seeing him again.

“Would you like regular order or you want to try something new?” Daehyun asked Youngjae as soon as the brunette placed his on the seat. Youngjae smiled when he answered the regular causing Daehyun to smile back before he went to make the Caramel Macchiato. Youngjae looked around the café, its interior design made Youngjae felt at peace and warm; a home.

Daehyun placed the Caramel Macchiato carefully on the table as he watched Youngjae who was oblivious to his presence; looking around the café. “Are you looking for Himchan or are you attracted to this café?” Daehyun asked playfully with his trademark smirk. “Both.” Youngjae replied before he took a sip on his coffee.

Daehyun made the best coffee for Youngjae’s taste and it somehow, helped Youngjae to forget about the saddest things in his life; his parents, his loneliness and he really needed this coffee today since today was the day for the soccer match. Youngjae looked at his watch; the game would start in an hour. Youngjae let out a small sigh.

“Something bother you?” Daehyun asked. He was looking at his watch too. Youngjae shook his head before he placed down the cup on its plate. “Nah, I have to go to school after this. There will be soccer match at the field.” He said. Daehyun only nodded in reply. Is Youngjae from LalaLand? He thought as he kept staring at the brunette in front of him.

Youngjae blushed slightly when he noticed Daehyun but he tried to ignore it. “Alright, I’ll go first. Thanks for the coffee yeah?” Youngjae smiled. He walked out of the café after paying for his coffee and now he had to rush to his school.

Daehyun stared at the cup as he was thinking something then he shrugged it off and took the cup to wash it.

 

 

Youngjae walked into the field in a Gummy Bear costume with the cheerleaders and the players. Both schools came out at the same time and after did a couple of rituals, the game begin to start. Youngjae couldn’t close his mouth when he saw Daehyun in the ChocoPuff Team. Why he never told me before? Youngjae’s eyes never leaved Daehyun wherever he ran to.

Too much for Youngjae’s information, apparently Daehyun was the Captain and now he was silently praying that ChocoPuff Team would lose so he didn’t to kiss Daehyun though he knew, quarter of the people who came today was not really to watch the game but to watch him; whether he would kiss the supposed-to-be ugly prince or not.

Daehyun made a victory dance when he made a goal, leading the game in just 15 minutes the game started leaving Youngjae being all anxious and pale. I need oxygen! He thought. Youngjae was really sure his eyes didn’t deceive him when he saw Daehyun winked towards him – or maybe to the cheerleaders since they clearly affected by it.

Youngjae felt disturbed out of sudden.

As soon as the referee blew the whistle to signal the time off for the first half of the game, Youngjae wasted no time and quickly followed Yongguk to their changing room. The game was currently leading by ChocoPuff Academy by 5-3 and Youngjae knew there was still time for them to chase and win the game.

“Yongguk!” Youngjae cried. Yongguk turned to his back to see Youngjae running slowly in the Gummy Bear costume. “What is it Youngjae? If you want us to win then well sorry, that’s not going to happen.” Yongguk stated firmly. Youngjae shook his head.

“B-but I- I can’t k-kiss him!”

“Why not?”

Youngjae blinked back his tears as he continuously shook his head. “I just can’t. It’s okay. Sorry, I got to go.” Yongguk frowned as he watched the latter slowly disappeared from his sight. He sighed while ruffling his hair.

After 10 minutes, the game started again. It was so tensed when both of teams, clearly fighting to win. Youngjae watched Daehyun running to tackle the ball. Why he was so eager to win? Then the game went to an end. ChocoPuff won, LalaLand lost. Youngjae could see how the players of ChocoPuff Academy were so happy when they won and he wouldn’t forget how bright Daehyun’s face was. He never looked like that before.

The players together with their mascot then went on to the stage to get the trophy and soon Youngjae was called to join them. Youngjae was really nervous, thinking how Daehyun would react if he saw Youngjae beneath the costume. “Come on, munchkin. Show us who you are!” They said loudly.

Youngjae nodded before hesitantly freeing the Gummy Bear’s head. Everyone let out a gasp when they saw Youngjae but Youngjae kept his head low, not wanting to face Daehyun square in the face. He bit his lips while calming down his racing heart. He heard how frantic the stadium when people started to chant ‘kiss him kiss him’ loudly. He heard how Daehyun took a sharp breath and he knew how painful it was when he said;

“I’m not kissing him.”

 

 

It had been two weeks since the soccer match but it was still fresh in Youngjae’s head when he was humiliated like hell that day. Daehyun didn’t kiss him and that was okay but Daehyun kissed Hyosung; the cheerleaders’ head – which really was not okay. Since then, everybody in his school started to ; about the kiss, about the school’s pride also about how stupid he was despite of his intelligence.

“That was the boy.”

“I don’t know why he is still showing his face here.”

“I think he had lost his mind.” They laughed.

Youngjae smiled. Who cared about the talk? At least Youngjae knew why he was still in the school. At least he got a solid reason to stay and at least, he knew what his heart was going to be.

 

It was always on recess when things happened. Youngjae didn’t understand too but when he saw Daehyun with some of his friends’ at the principal office, he knew something was amiss. Youngjae quickly walked away before one of them started to notice him but of course, luck was not on his right.

“Youngjae!”

 


Hey everyone!

Sorry I took a long time to update. I was just really freaking busy with college plus there was no laptop for me T.T

I even have some unfinish stories but idk why i want to finish this one ((maybe bcs appcaramel will kill me if i don't)) ((go to her profile, her stories' rocking much))

So there would be some questions i would like to ask ((if you read it till the end)) regarding to this chapter.

 

1) Is it boring?

2) Did you think Youngjae's crush at first would be Daehyun? ((emhehehehehe))

3) Is there any part that confusing you? Pls list it out where and why.

 

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading and thanks for staying! < 3 

: )))