Chapter 2

My Life Turned Upside Down

The next night, I was getting ready for this dinner. Oh, how I wish I could wear one of my K-Pop shirts but no, I had to wear a little black dress. I put a white beaded clip in my hair to compliment the diamond jewelry set I was wearing and finished off with black strappy heels. I put a white ribbon ribbon around my waist and I was done. I grabbed a clutch and joined my parents in the living room. My dad raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"Isn't that a bit...skimpy?" my dad asked.

"No." I said.

My dad sighed and we gathered into the car. Since I hated the radio, I took out my iPod and started listening to K-Pop. We pulled up to some fancy restaraunt and I put my iPod back in my clutch. Usually, listening to music calmed my nerves. Not tonight. I just listened to the idols I would be meeting. We walked in and were lead to a private room. Kim Young Min and the leaders were already there.

OH MY GOD! THEY LOOKED EVEN BETTER IN REAL LIFE!

Okay. Breathe. They're normal people too...who happen to be famous and talented and amazing. I faintly heard my dad introduce my mom. The CEO was in front of me now. 

"Hello, I'm-" I cut him off.

"Kim Young Min. And that's Yunho oppa, Leeteuk oppa, Taeyeon unnie, Onew oppa, Victoria unnie, Suho oppa, and Kris oppa." I said as I pointed to each one in turn.

"Nelle!" my father warned.

I heard the CEO chuckle and tell my father it was alright. He turned back to me.

"You're a fan?" he asked with a smile.

"For two years." I answered.

He smiled more and took us to our table. Ugh...they're so perfect! I blushed and avoided eye contact, fiddling with the hem of my dress instead. I ordered a white soda since I really didn't feel like drinking and risking getting drunk in front of idols. I took sips through my straw as my father discussed plans. I kept quiet even though I caught Leeteuk, Suho, and Onew checking me out. This caused me to blush more.

"Sweetie, you keep blushing." my mom whispered to me.

"Because the leader of my fandom is checking me out." I whispered back.

My mom sighed and the waiter arrived to take our food orders. After that was done, Kim Young Min faced me once again.

"So, which group is your favorite?" he asked.

"I love them all, but I'm primarily an ELF." I said, smiling at Leeteuk.

"Ah! Fan!" Leeteuk said, his one dimpled smile coming out.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What are the advantages of being an international fan?" Young Min asked.

"None. It ." I said rather bluntly.

"Nelle!" my father warned me again.

"What? Its true. We get no concerts in this part. No free hug events or anything like that. No autograph oppourtunities. We have to order the albums online most of the time. The closest K-Pop store is two hours away by the way." I explained.

"I see. Lots of disadvantages." Young Min said and I nodded.

Our food arrived and dinner continued in silence as we ate. I see the leaders taking peeks at me, most likely because I spoke fluent Korean and was very blunt in my words. My father and the CEO discussed the never ending plans. We finished our dinner and ordered dessert, just as my phone started playing I Am to signal my boyfriend calling.

"Excuse me." I said and started to rise. My mom gently grabbed my elbow.

"Sit down. Your boyfriend can wait.." she said and I sat back down.

The call went to voicemail and I waited anxiously for this meeting to be over. My mom didn't like my boyfriend and thought he was a control freak. My phone rang again and again, clearly annoying everyone at the table. Finally it went silent and I happened to glance at the doorway, the answer standing right there.

My boyfriend was here and he looked pissed.