Chapter 4

My Life Turned Upside Down

The next few weeks passed by sooo slow. Apparently, all the SMTown idols would be in attendance for this grand opening party. I was giddy, but nervous. So many talented people in one room...yeah, probably won't be able to keep calm. 

I was getting dressed in this lovely blue dress I found, topping it off my look with light make up and a fun up do. I slipped on some wedges and I was done. My mom knocked and came in just as I put on a few dabs of pheromone based perfume on my neck.

"Nelle, you need to be on you best behavior tonight. Don't approach the idols first. No fan girling. Oh, and no drinking!" my mom added sharply on the end.

"What?! But I'm 22 almost 23, why can't I have a drink or two?" I asked, shocked.

"Because I know how you get and don't want you dry heaving like last time." she explained and walked out.

I rolled my eyes. That was one time and it was because my brilliant self thought it was a bright idea to drink two strawberry daiquiris on an stomach. I shrugged it off and grabbed my small shoulder bag to go meet my parents in the living room.

After a short drive, we arrived at some fancy hall. We walked in and I recognized some of my dad's co workers along with every SM idol. I hid shyly behind my parents to avoid them. Yes, I was experiencing a horrible case of being starstruck. We went to our designted table that we shared with some of my father's co workers. My mom nudged me a few minutes later.

"Nelle, can you get me a soda?" my mom asked and I took a glance over at the bar. I instantly knew I couldn't do it.

"I can't. There are idols over there." I explained.

"You see them on a computer screen." my mom retorted.

"Through a screen! That's different!" I hissed.

My mom instantly gave me "the look", the one that said I better do it now. I sighed and headed slowly to the bar. Of course, I recognized them all. I wanted to run, but thankfully, the end of the bar was open. I went there and placed the order when I heard someone call my name.

"Nelle? It was Nelle right?" Leeteuk said, coming up to me.

"Ah, neh." I answered shyly.

He eyed up my dress. "Nice dress. Did you pick the color on purpose?" he asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Oh you know, have to represent the fandom." I said with a wink.

Leeteuk chuckled and lead me to the huge group of male and female idols. I noticed Shindong's and Yesung's absences immeditely since I knew they were doing their mandatory military service. I was extrememly happy that SM fixed their mistakes and made their groups whole again. I could feel my cheeks heating up as I started to blush.

"Annehayseyo, Nelle imida." I smiled as I introduced myself.

Some of the male idols cooed at my supposedly cute introduction. In all honesty, I wanted to run. This was too much for me. So many idols...what's a girl to do? Suddenly, I heard a bit of music.

OH MY GOD! THERE'S A DJ!

I quietly snuck away and gave my mom her soda. I was determined to be out on that dance floor! I watched the DJ intently as he set up. My mom followed my gaze and rolled her eyes. I thought I heard her faintly mumbling something about how I was going to make a fool out of myself with my dancing. Soon, music flooded out of the speakers as people, namely idols, flooded the dance floor.

Yeah. There was NO way I would be dancing tonight. Not in front of all these idols. I looked longingly at the dance floor, wanting to join but staying seated since I knew I wouldn't be able to compete with their dance skills. I let out a sigh and that's when Amber and I made eye contact. She smiled and made motions for me to come join her.

OMG! AMBER WANTS ME TO DANCE WITH HER!

I got up from my seat and half walked/half danced my way over to her. I let myself go and danced along to the music, completely losing myself. After about an hour, the DJ announced it was time to slow things down and started a slow song. I began walking off the dance floor until I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

"Care to dance?" a voice asked and I turned to see...

 

Author's Note: I won't update again until I have more subscribers and comments.