Only U

Only U

Your soft voice rings in my ears
Whether my eyes are open or closed, I keep looking for you
My eyes meet yours as I’m in your warm embrace
Baby give me one more kiss, just one more kiss, whisper to me

 

Seohyun looked at the first verse she has written. Not bad, she thought to herself. As she wrote, her mind is busy thinking of how she is gonna present the song to both of her unnies and tell them it's for them. She hope they'll just understand the moment they hear the song. Seohyun hopes that when both Taeyeon and Tiffany hear it they'll immediately think of each other. At the same time, she thinks maybe it wasn't a good idea to let them both hear it at the same time. Maybe it'd be a better idea to have one of them sing the song to the other. Or maybe..

"Seobaby, what are you doing?" Tiffany asked as she walked into the room.

Seohyun quickly but not-so-suspiciously took a magazine to cover up the song she's been writing. She didn't want them to see it yet. Not when it's unfinished. 'Remember to close the door next time' Seohyun reminded herself.

"Nothing unnie. Just chilling" she answered politely.

Tiffany sat herself beside the younger girl. She looked around before whispering, "Do you know where Taeyeon is?" she asked before looking around and lowering her voice into a whisper. "I need to talk to you about something"

Seohyun looked at Tiffany, clearly puzzled. "Why are you whispering, unnie? And no, I didn't see Taeyeon unnie since this morning" she wanted to ask more but she thinks it is better not to.

"Well.." Tiffany started. "TaeTae seems off lately. And I'm a bit worried about her. I did talk to her though. She just won't tell me anything" Tiffany sigh.

"Oh" Seohyun responded and waited for Tiffany to continue since she didn't know what else to say.

"I-I couldn't think of anything. I mean... our career is off to a good start. Especially for the three of us with TaeTiSeo's new album coming up soon. And I don't think it will be a family problem either, cause TaeTae would've talk to me about it. She always do"

Seohyun just kept quiet. She really didn't know what to say. She feels bad that she didn't even noticed that their leader seems off. And even worse when she couldn't help Tiffany.

"Unnie, I'm sorry" Seohyun finally said after a silent moment falls between the two. "I don't know how to help or what to say"

Tiffany just smile softly and pat Seohyun's head before getting up to leave. "It's okay, Seo. Don't worry about it. I'll figure it out myself. Thanks anyway"

After Seohyun heard the room to her door close with the sound of a "click" to confirm it, she took her out paper to continue writing. For some inspiration, she close her eyes and lean against her chair to think. Thoughts of her 2 unnies came to mind. How they are with each other. The way Taeyeon always smile whenever Tiffany is around and vice versa. Seohyun opened her eyes and continued writing.

 

I smile at your smile
You make me forget all fear, you make me breath

 

Seohyun then thought of the early days of Girls' Generation. When everyone was just getting to know each other. Even then, Taeyeon and Tiffany already had a strong bond. They are like 2 peas in a pod, always joined at the hip. You can't even separate them with a pair of pliers. Seohyun smiled at the memory of her unnies.

 

FLASHBACK

There was one day that all the girls thought that Tiffany was being weird. The usually bright girl is keeping quiet and stayed in her room the whole time. It is one of their off days, and all the girls with the exception of Tiffany is in the living room discussing what to do to have fun. The discussion goes on for awhile and then Taeyeon excuses herself to check on Tiffany. Seohyun noticed that Taeyeon has been quiet during the discussion and her eyes kept darting towards Tiffany's room. Seohyun knows even that Taeyeon might physically be in the living room with them but her heart and mind stays with Tiffany. 

Taeyeon knocks on Tiffany's door softly. She opens the door only after she received Tiffany's soft "come in" from the other side of the room. Taeyeon let herself in and closes the door behind her. One glance at Tiffany and she knows that Tiffany is upset about something. Taeyeon crosses the room and climb on top of Tiffany's bed next to her. 

"Hey" Taeyeon starts softly. "Are you okay?" she asks even though she knew it's a dumb question. Tiffany looked like she just cried.

Tiffany shook her head and lifted it to see Taeyeon looking back at her with deep concern. Her heart tugs a little at the way she was being stared at by her leader.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Taeyeon tried again, hoping to get an answer from Tiffany this time, instead of just a head shaking.

"Can you just hold me?" Tiffany asked softly, eyes glancing down on her bed because she feels a little shy with her request. 

"Of course. C'mere, silly girl" Tiffany immediately went into Taeyeon's open arms and rested her head next to the other girl's neck. Taeyeon then started Tiffany's head.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Taeyeon said while still Tiffany and Tiffany nodded against her but didn't say anything. After a while of being in the same position, Tiffany finally said, "My mom passed away on this date" and a tear rolled down her cheek. Taeyeon doesn't know what to say so she continued Tiffany's head. 

"I miss her so much" Tiffany continued as she let out a sob. Taeyeon stopped and started patting Tiffany's back. "I feel so alone. I just... I don't know. I still can't really believed she's gone..."

"Shh" Taeyeon cooed. "You're not alone okay, baby? I'm here. I'll always protect you, I'll be by your side, I'll never leave you"

"Thanks TaeTae. That means so much to me" Tiffany pulls herself away a little so she can look at Taeyeon as she said it. Taeyeon smiled a little. "Thanks for opening up to me"

 

Seohyun remembered Taeyeon were in Tiffany's room for quite awhile before she eventually came out. But she came out alone and some girls went to Taeyeon's side and started asking her what's up with Tiffany. And then Taeyeon told them that it is the anniversary of Tiffany's mom's death and that is why she's been acting this way on that day and the girls all nodded in understanding. 

 

You are everything I’ve been looking for, will you protect me?

The moment I was with you and your love
Even if pain from the faded past comes
I will always tell you my heart that only beats toward you

You You You Only for You You You

 

NEW FLASHBACK

TaeTiSeo is staying at their dorm while the rest of the girls are either out doing their own thing or working. Seohyun was sitting on the living room couch reading a book when she noticed Tiffany pulling Taeyeon by the hand towards the living room.

"I don't wanna..." Taeyeon grumbled. "I wanna sleep"

"Nuh-uh. You're watching a movie with me today. You promised!" When they finally reached the living room, Tiffany let go of Taeyeon's hand and pushes her towards the spot next to Seohyun. The couch is kinda small, it is actually meant for 2 people but the girls usually shares the couch with 3 person on it. Seohyun quickly moves to put her legs down so that there will be enough space for Tiffany to sit as well but Tiffany quickly told her that it is okay and that she will sit on the floor.

"You sit here while I go pick up a movie for us" Tiffany instructed Taeyeon with her finger pointing at her, she looked like she's scolding a child and Seohyun laughed at her unnies.

"I just wanna sleep..." Taeyeon whined loudly when Tiffany left to select a movie to watch.

When Tiffany comes back she was holding a beanie bag on one hand and a DVD on another and Taeyeon quickly helps Tiffany to carry the beanie bag as Tiffany starts the movie. The beanie bag was placed just below Seohyun because she has her legs up and also even if the beanie bag blocks her view of the TV it is okay as Seohyun is not watching it.

The movie started and Taeyeon groaned as it is another one of Tiffany's extensive Christmas collection of movies. "Fany-ah, how many times do you want to watch this movie?"

"Until I am bored with it"

"Will you ever though?"

"Nope" Tiffany said as she looked up from her position on the floor to Taeyeon and poked her tongue out. 

"Oh my God, unnie. You're such a kid" Seohyun laughed at her unnie's antic.

"I know right?" Taeyeon agrees.

"Well duh I kept hanging around with a Kid Leader" 

Taeyeon throws a pillow at Tiffany "Shut up and watch the movie or else..." she jokingly warns.

Seohyun then continue reading her book as her unnies watched the movie. After a while she noticed Tiffany took out her phone from her pocket and is quickly typing away. A few seconds later, Taeyeon took out her phone and looked at it. Curious, Seohyun inched closer to Tffany to peek at her phone but she did it as subtle as possible so that Taeyeon doesn't notice.

 

Tiffany: I miss you, boo.

Taeyeon: I'm literally above you, jeez.

Tiffany: I know ^^

Tiffany: But that doesn't mean I don't miss you.

Taeyeon: *facepalm emoji*

 

Seohyun quickly acted like she's just reading her book when Taeyeon looked over at her. But she suspected that there is more than friendship between her 2 unnies ever since then.

 

 

Every year when it is Tiffany's mom's death anniversary, Taeyeon will usually go out of her ways to make Tiffany happy. She would buy her stuff, accompanied her to do whatever Tiffany wanted, no matter how ridiculous they can be. Once, Tiffany wanted to see if Taeyeon is small enough to fit herself in a luggage bag and Taeyeon actually curled herself up in one just to make Tiffany laugh. Seohyun is sure the other girls started suspecting TaeNy is real and it is not just her ever since that day.

But till now neither Taeyeon or Tiffany made any move towards each other because Seohyun saw how they still acted with each other. Yes they are more touchy-feely but some kind of shyness is always there, just like schoolgirls and their crushes.

 

(Tell me now) so I can feel you as a sweet scent
(Hold me now) I want to engrave you in my heart
(Show me now) even if this moment isn’t forever, my love is for you
You are everything I’ve been looking for, stay by my side
Even if pain from the faded past comes, be with me forever

 

Seohyun looked at her almost complete song and feels a sense of pride washed over her. 'Wow I can't believe I just wrote a song!' Seohyun thought to herself. "Thank you unnies... for being my inspiration" she said out loud while doing a little fist pump.

Suddenly the door opens and Taeyeon came in. "Seob, what are you doing?" she asked after seeing her arm still hovering in the air awkwardly after her fist pump.

"Uh hi Taeyeon unnie. Nothing really. Just a little arm exercise haha"

"Hmm okay" Taeyeon eyed her suspiciously.

"Tiffany unnie was looking for you just now" Seohyun quickly said something to change the topic.

"Oh? She did?" 

"Yeah" Seohyun confirmed.

"What is this?" Taeyeon pointed at the paper on Seohyun's desk and goes to pick it up but Seohyun snatched it from her leader's hand. "This is confidential!"

"What?" Taeyeon is confused.

"You will see it when it is time"

"What do you mean? Why are you keeping it from me? Why can't I see it now?" Taeyeon started bombarding Seohyun with a million questions.

"Be-because it is not mine!" Seohyun lied. "So I can't show something that does not belong to me to another person"

Taeyeon quirked her eyebrow. "Whose is it then?"

"Tiffany unnie" Seohyun blurted out and mentally scolded herself for saying the first name that she could think of. Before Seohyun could register what happened next Taeyeon already managed to snatch back the paper from her grasp and is now skimming her eyes over the writing.

"Wait... this is a song isn't it? Fany is writing a song?" she asked Seohyun.

"Yeah" Seohyun lied again. She already lied once might as well just continue.

"And why is her song with you? Did Fany showed this to you and tell you who she wrote it for?" Taeyeon tried to keep the bitterness out of her voice. She felt sad that Tiffany wrote a song and didn't show it to her first.

"She didn't mention specifically that she wrote it for someone but she did say you inspired her"

"Oh!" Now Taeyeon looked at the song again but with new interests. Seohyun looked at Taeyeon as she read the song over and over again, her eyes going up and down looking at each words carefully. After she is sure she's done, Taeyeon hands the song back to Seohyun and goes to leave.

She went back to her own room and lied on her bed, deep in thought. 'If Tiffany said I inspired her to write that song, and it is a love song, does that mean I am the one she loves?' Taeyeon turns on her left side and started thinking of the possibities. 'But if she loves me why can't she just show me the song instead of showing it to Seohyun first? Could it be that the one she loves is Seohyun!?' Taeyeon turns to her right side.

Before she can start to think of the possibilty of Tiffany liking Seohyun, she heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" she yelled.

Tiffany pokes her head in "Hey..."

Taeyeon immediately sits up after seeing Tiffany and tried to smoothen her blouse. "Hey back at 'cha"

Tiffany gestures towards Taeyeon's room "Uh can I come in?"

Taeyeon nodded "Of course why did you even had to asked?"

Tiffany came in and closed the door behind her. "Well..." she sat on the bed next to Taeyeon "seems like someone was avoiding me so I thought I should give her some space is all"

"Yes you, you jumbo dumbo" 

"Did you just came up with a new nickname for me?"

"Of course I did" Tiffany's signature eye-smile shows.

Silence.

"So..."

"So"

"Seohyun..." they both said in unison and then laughed when they realized it.

"You first" Taeyeon said.

"No no you first"

Taeyeon let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Erm okay. Seohyun told me that you wrote a song..." she looked at Tiffany before continuing "and I was the inspiration behind it"

"Huh?" Tiffany was confused for a second but then she remembered what she came to Taeyeon's room to ask her and she can't hold back any longer so she just blurted out "Taeyeon do you love me?"

Taeyeon was a bit taken aback "Yeah I do Fany-ah and you know it"

Tiffany was growing impatient "I know that you love me but do you loves love me. You know what I mean?"

"Of course I loves love you. Okay wait what exactly kind of love do you mean?"

"Like "I wana marry you" kind of love is what I mean. And yes, if you're wondering... I loves love you. I really do. And so if you love me back.. oh my God I'm rambling am I?"

Taeyeon was still trying to process what just happened. Did Tiffany just professed her love to her. Wait did TIFFANY JUST SAID SHE WANTS TO MARRY HER?

"What?" Taeyeon managed to say, still confused.

"Ugh KIM TAEYEON WHY ARE YOU SO DENSE AND SUCH AN IDIOT SOMETIMES..." Tiffany shakes her head and then said softly to herself "oh my God I am in loved with an idiot. What have I done?"

And that's when Taeyeon finally processed all the information of what just happened and she grabs Tiffany's face and kisses her. Tiffany's eyes was wide open as she didn't expect Taeyeon to kiss her but she closes them eventually and kisses Taeyeon back.

When they finally pulls away, they lean their foreheads against each other and smile.

"You've no idea how long I've waited to do that, Kim Taeyeon"

"I love you, Tiffany Hwang MiYoung"

As a respond, Tiffany kissed Taeyeon again. And when they pulled away Tiffany told Taeyeon she loves her more but Taeyeon said that's impossible and they started their first argument as a couple. 

 

You are everything I’ve been looking for, will you protect me?
The moment I was with you and your love
Even if sadness of the faded memories spreads
My beating heart that only has you will be forever
You You You Only for You You You
My love is for you

 

THE END

 

 

A.N.: I know I know this is 4 years overdue. I am so sorry for keeping everyone waiting for SO LONG. But now I'm back. Was busy with uni. Actually am in my last semester as of now. English is not my first language and I didn't proof-read it so I'm sorry for the mistakes in advance. Hope you guys enjoyed it and please leave a comment. Might or might not update my other fics some other time in the future. Most probably not but who knows right? I'm sure no one will ever guess an author who's gone for like 4 years will come back to finish a fanfic but here I am =P

P.S.: Seohyun also told Tiffany that Taeyeon wrote the song for her (yeah she lied to both of them lol) and that's why Tiffany goes to Taeyeon's room to ask her about it. Hope everyone is clear about that. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :) Also, tell me what is your favorite part in this story. Goodbye for now and thank you so much for reading ^^