004

A Goddess?

"Who is he, Suzy?" Mark asked.

"My friend," she replied.

"What's his name?"

"MyungSoo. Kim MyungSoo."

"Are you guys close?"

"Yup."

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

 

Suzy sighed.

 

"He doesn't a girlfriend. He's a senior, Mark. No, he's not interested in me. He knows we're dating. We're just good friends. He's a really nice guy, I tell you. Any more questions you need me to answer?"

 

He opened his mouth slightly but then closed it again. She patted his cheek before taking his hand.

 

"Now let's go." 

 

She dragged him to their classroom. She walked towards her desk, put her bag down on the floor and sat down. Though, it was not his seat, he sat down beside her.

 

"Oh my god, you're actually studying!" he said loudly when he saw her get her Math textbook and open it to the lesson they were discussing. She shot him a glare.

"Of course I study, Mark. How else would I pass?" she said. He shrugged.

"Lucky guesses?"

"Crazy." she muttered, shaking her head.

"I heard that!"

"Good."

 

Mark stared at his girlfriend. Until now, he couldn't get what he saw in her that made him fall in love and ask her out.

 

"Does he call you a goddess?"

"No. He calls me a princess."

"But that's my nickname for you!" he whined.

"So? Possessive much, Tuan?" she raised her head to look at him.

"Yes! You're mine, Suzy, and only mine!"

"He's not going to steal me from you, you know. There's no need to be possessive, jealous, or any other feeling."

"Yes, there is. Someone there is going to go and try to steal you from me." Mark emphasized the word 'someone'

 

JinYoung looked up from his seat behind Suzy.

 

"Are you talking about me, Mark?" he asked innocently.

"Yup."

 

Suzy chuckled and patted Mark's shoulder.

 

"Don't worry about that, Mark. I won't date anyone but you."

"Not even me?" JinYoung asked.

"Umm..."

"Suzy!" Mark sighed. "Are you serious right now?"

 

She smiled sweetly.

 

"Trust me, JinYoung. Bae Suzy is definitely not a goddess. You should see her when she's in a bad mood. She's a total demon when she's in a bad mood. She may act all nice and sweet now, but when she's in a bad mood..."

 

While he was speaking, he sensed Suzy glaring daggers at him.

 

"Sorry, baby," he apologized. "You know I love you~"

 

 

***

 

 

"Yah!" Suzy hit Mark's arm when they were walking out of the classroom. "You're so annoying, you know that? Me? A demon?"

"You know it's true, Suzy~"

"I'm not that bad, though." she pouted. "I may hit you a lot and be really bad-tempered but I'm not a demon!"

"Oh really?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes!" she nodded.

"Sorry, then," he shrugged and walked ahead.

"Yah!" she ran after him. "Aish... You're so mean, Mark!"

"But you do love me, right?"

"Yeah, I love you," she sighed.

"Then it's fine!"

 

They were like that for ten minutes, bickering and arguing about nonsense things like always.

 

"MyungSoo oppa!" Suzy ran, leaving Mark to follow her.

"Hey, Suzy~" the said boy, MyungSoo, smiled and ruffled her hair, before looking at Mark. "Hi, I'm MyungSoo." Mark smiled slightly.

"Mark Tuan."

"Suzy's boyfriend?" MyungSoo questioned. Mark nodded.

 

Mark looked at MyungSoo. The best thing he could think of to describe him was a cat. He thought MyungSoo looked a bit like a cat when he wasn't smiling. Sort of like JaeBum.

 

"Anyway, oppa!" Suzy said. "Me and Tuan are going to Myeongdong later after we finish our homework! Do you want to go with us?"

"No thanks. I still have to do something for the student council and I have basketball practice, too. Maybe next time, Suzy," MyungSoo smiled at her again.

 

Wow, this guy liked to smile.

 

"Oh. Okay." Suzy nodded slowly. "Then you should already get going, oppa! We'll just see you tomorrow, then!"

"See you." MyungSoo smiled and waved before walking in the opposite direction.

 

Mark placed his hand on Suzy's waist.

 

"Baby?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay away from him."

 

She burst out laughing, causing the other students to look at her. She waved her hand, motioning to them not to mind her.

 

"Why, Tuan? Are you jealous of MyungSoo oppa?" she asked.

"No." Mark shook his head. "I just don't think you should hang out with him that often. He seems really busy, as a senior and all that. Even a member of student council!"

"Are you sure you're not jealous!"

"Positive!"

 

Suzy started laughing again.

 

"I really think you're jealous, though!" she told him. "My god, Mark! How can you be jealous of MyungSoo oppa?"

"For one thing..." he started. "You call him oppa."

"He told me to call him oppa." she shrugged.

"Two," he continued. "You're nicer to him!"

"Of course!" she smiled. "He's older than me. He's a senior who's president of the student council. And three, he's my tutor."

"Tutor?" Mark asked. "Since when?"

"Since last week."

"And you never told me until now?"

"I didn't think it was necessary for me tell you about my tutor."

 

Mark let out a deep breath.

 

"Any other things you're jealous of?"

"Why do you ask him to be your tutor and not me?" he whined.

 

Suzy laughed.

 

"Have you seen your grades, Mark? They're at the border of failing and passing... Well... Except English, that is. You're really good in English."

"At least I pass!" he defended. "And of course I'm good in English! I'm from Los Angeles!"

 

 

***

 

 

"Oh my god." Mark groaned and buried his head in his hands once his name was called out.

"Okay!" their teacher clapped his hands. "Meet with your partner! You have a week to practice before performing!"

 

And with that, he took his stuff and walked out of the classroom. Probably to flirt with the teacher in the next room again.

 

He looked around the classroom, searching for Suzy. She was with JinYoung, chatting happily with him. She caught his eye and smiled apologetically.

 

"Hey." a girl stood in front of his desk. "What are we going to do now?"

"You dance." he pointed at her before pointing to himself. "I rap. End of discussion."

 

He slung his bag over his shoulder and went out the room, not caring if he got caught or anything. He hated his partner. She was really annoying and a complete b*tch. Sorry for the bad language, but it was true. She was so fake and it was obvious she had plastic surgery.

 

At least Suzy was with JinYoung. Better than the other guys who were chasing after her. But JinYoung was still one of those guys who liked her.

 

Meh... JinYoung was Mark's friend.

 

He wouldn't steal Suzy from him....

 

Right?

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________


Hi!! I finally updated!! XD How was this chapter? Do you like it?