a boy who dreamt to fly

The Cook and the Bunny

POV ???

I rested my head on my hands. So bored. It was already eleven pm and I still had to wait in this convenience store until a customer arrive. I patted my tummy.

-"I am so hungry~" I whined.

I stood up and did some squats. It was the only way not to fall asleep. My tummy growled. I was so hungry ! But I couldn't leave the store. My boss would kill me. Even though it was only my part time job, I still had to do it seriously. I wonder if I can take something to it if I pay for it.... Of course I can ! I am staying up until midnight although I have class at six am ! I was studying cooking. I grabbed some snack and put the money in the check out and sat behind it.

I picked up my bag and drew out one of my book. I opened the snack and started to eat while studying. The book was about pastry. This was my favorite part of cooking. I loved to make macarons, operas and so on. When I will graduate from this school; I am going to study in France. I loved this country. Moreover, the best chiefs of the world are French or had studied in France. I really admire their way to cook. I shook my head. I had to concentrate. Exams were soon and I couldn't have bad grades.

I was so absorbed by the book that I didn't notice that it was past midnight. I stretched and put the book in my bag. I gathered my belongings and turned off the light. I was closing  the store when someone ran to me while shouting to wait. I stopped and waited for him to come to me. He was breathing hard from running. What does he want? He asked me if I could wait a bit before closing the store. I rubbed the back of my head and bowed while explaining that my boss didn't really like when I don't close the store at midnight.

He tilted his head and replied that it was already past midnight. I was about to say something when I heard his tummy growling. Well.. he seemed to be really hungry. I sighed and opened the store again. I begged him to be quick. He bowed 90° and rushed in the store. I patiently waited for him next to the check out. He was wearing a mask which was covering his mouth and some sunglasses. I wondered how he was seeing since it was dark outside.

He soon appeared again with nine or ten instant noodles. That wasn't really good for his health. I looked at his body. He looked really skinny. I felt guilty to sell him those instant noodles instead of recommending him healthy food... But I was really tired. Once he paid, I closed the store again. He waited until I finished and bowed 90° again while thanking me. Somehow, he was quite cute. I laughed and messed his hair.

-"Next time you come to our store, I will recommend you some healthy food, much better and those instant noodles." I said

He stood in front of me silently and suddenly ran away. I was quite surprised by his action but I didn't think about it too much. I just wanted to go to my bed and sleep. I crossed the road and entered in the tenement in front of the store. I was really lucky to have found a part time job just in front of where I lived. My apartment was on the first floor. I was living alone. It wasn't very big but it suited myself. I opened the door and went in.

I immediately walked into my bathroom and undressed myself. I looked at me in the mirror. Whoaaaa ! My abs start to appear ! I was quite proud of myself. It had been a month since I started to work out and I thought that I would never see my abs. I entered in the bathtub and turned the water on. I quickly washed myself and went out of the bathtub. I dried myself and put on an underwear before heading to my bedroom. I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes a bit. The sun was already lighting my room. I stretched and sat up while yawning. I glanced at the clock. It was half past seven am. It took me some seconds to realize.

-"7:30 am already??? Aiissshhh ! I'm a dead meat !" I shouted.

I jumped on my feet and got quickly got dressed.. I grabbed my bag and rushed out of my apartment. I ran as fast as I could. Why didn't I hear my alarm clock? I mentally slapped me. I just hoped that the teacher I had in the first period was sick. I finally arrived at my school at eight o'clock. The school had started a hour ago. I quietly walked toward my classroom and glanced in it through the window. There was nobody. Where were they? Did we had class somewhere else? As I was thinking about it, someone hit the back of my head.

-"Hey Baozi ! you're late again!"

I turned toward the person who hit me and pouted. It was Do Kyungsoo, one of my classmate. He is really kind but you better not or else you will really regret it. He explained that our first teacher fell sick during the night so we didn't have class. I sighed in relief. Thanks God. He grabbed my sleeve and dragged me toward the cafeteria where everyone was.

We were between fifteen and twenty per class. It was better like this. Indeed, everyone knew everyone and we liked to work together. Whenever someone had some problems with something, we all help. I smiled at myself. We sounded like a real family. We arrived at the cafeteria and we joined our friends. I greeted everyone and sat with Lay and Tao. I was very close to them. Both of them came from China.

Tao is from a wealthy family. His parents forced him to study and become a famous chief. But Tao wasn't really good at cooking. Every time we had to cook, I always feel bad for the food. Tao doesn't cook food, he murders food. My friend's dream is to be a martial art professional. He was quite good at it. But because of his parents, he couldn't practice very well. That was quite sad. The funny thing about Tao is that he can be very manly and destroy everything by acting girly in a second.

My other friend was the weirdest person I have ever seen. He always seems  like being on drugs. A year ago, I was walking in Seoul's streets with him and we got in trouble with some policemen who thought he was on drugs. Now that I think of it, it was really funny. His korean wasn't really good at that time and he didn't understand what was going on, so he kept nodding at everything the policemen were asking him. Lay is an orphan. He doesn't really talk about it so we don't ask him. We were afraid to remind him things he didn't want.

-"Kyaaaaaaah ! Did you see that? Luhan will appear in another drama? Omo, he is so handsome!"

I rolled my eyes. Every girl that I know was fond of this Luhan. He wasn't that handsome. Moreover, how can they say that they love him if they don't know him well. Aiissh really, it annoyed me. What about the other boys? There isn't only Luhan in this world.

Someone patted my shoulder.

-"Xiumin oppa, can I talk to you for a moment?"

 

POV Luhan

I was laying on my bed while playing with Mr Bunny. He was my best friend. My father bought it for me when I was five. He has been with me until now. I rolled on the side and pouted. I don't get why people always want me to throw him up. I know it's quite childish but Mr Bunny is the only one who can give me strength. I sighed and rolled again. I closed my eyes. His face came in my mind again. He was really kind with me. He told me to come again to his store. I goofily smiled. I felt a warm burn in my heart. It felt good. I hugged Mr Bunny. Will it really be okay if I come to see him again?

-"Luhan, we have to go now."

I pouted and sat up. He could have knocked on the door. I got out of the bed and walked toward my manager with my best friend in my arm. My manager was called Suho. He was older than me and really really rich. I still wonder why he chose to become a manager. We walked out of my huge apartment. I took deep breathes before heading out of the tenement. I really hated to go to the car. There were always many people screaming outside. It is really scary. I put my sunglasses and my mask on. I hugged Mr. Bunny tighter and followed my hyung outside.

I closed my eyes and tried to walk as fast as I could. They were screaming louder than the other days. I am happy to have fans but sometimes they are really scary. I entered in the car and sat at the back. I closed the door and sighed in relief. Okay, it's done now. I lifted my best friend up to face it and smiled at him. I cheered myself and Suho drove away. I asked him when I was finishing today. He answered that he didn't know but I would propably finish late again. I pouted. Would I be able to see him today ?

Suho noticed my disappointed face and questioned me. I shook my head and kept silent. I didn't want to tell him about it. I knew what he was going to tell me. He would warn me not to go out with someone and be careful of strangers. I never had friends. It must feel good to have a good friend to talk to. Right Bunny? I sighed deeply and looked through the window. Some fans were running after the car. I was always afraid that they hurt themselves. But even if I beg them to stop, they won't listen and keep on running after the car.

After a bit, Suho parked the car. I had a photo shooting for a famous magazine. I really liked shootings. The photographer was really nice with me and we always had fun. I joyfully got out of the car and rushed in the building to avoid the fans' screams. When the photographer noticed me, He rushed toward me and hugged me. I am really awkward with skinship but I didn't mind if it was him.

The photographer was called Heechul. When I first met him, some years ago, I was really afraid of him. He is eccentric and loves hugs. Little by little, I got used to him and ended up liking him. One of the nuna took me in the changing room. My only clothes was a black slim with grey shoes. I had to pose barechested. I wasn't really confident about my body. The makeup nunas reassured me. They kept on telling me that I was y. I chuckled with them. Suho came in and told me that we should start soon. I breathed deeply and hugged Mr Bunny a last time before following my manager.

For two hours, I followed Heechul's instructions and did the pose he wanted. I was impressed by the photos. It seemed like it was someone else. A confident and y Luhan. The perfect opposite of me. People I work with always say that there are two parts of me. Xi Luhan and Luhan. The normal me and the actor. The difference between the two of them was huge but I didn't really mind. I was only afraid that if the fans found out about my real personality, they would stop supporting me.

I was back in the car with Suho. We were driving to my agency to repeat for a drama I was going to play in. I didn't want to practice. I didn't like the theater's teacher. She was too strict and really scary. I pouted and hugged Bunny. Moreover, she doesn't like me. She always scolds me. As I kept whining, my hyung got mad at me and scolded me. I sulked and hugged Mr Bunny more.

Once we were in front of the building, my manager parked the car and we walked out. He told me that I was going to meet the main actress of the drama : Park Shin Hye. I was quite nervous to meet her. Of course I knew her, I saw many of her dramas but I never actually met her. She is beautiful and famous among the other actors and idols. I didn't really like to judge someone on his look. So I never really thought about what kind of girl she might be. Anyway, I would find out soon.

I followed Suho until a room. Shin Hye and her manager were already in. She was even prettier than on the TV. She bowed to me and greeted me. I immediately hid behind my manager's back. I was too nervous to front her. I heard her laughing. My hyung pushed me away slowly. I kept on looking down and bowed many times while muttering a greeting. I felt my cheeks burning. I wasn't good at meeting new people, and I really hated that. But that was for work.

Suho patted my shoulder to reassured me. I lifted my head up and thankfully smiled at him. We sat at the table that were in front of us and started to talk about the drama. I was a bit afraid because there were many kiss scenes. It wasn't the first time that I had to kiss an actress for a movie or a drama but I really admired Shin Hye and I felt like I didn't have the right to kiss her. During all of the meeting, I didn't dare to look at her. I was intimidated by her.

After twenty minutes that sounded like hours, Park Shin Hye and her manager finally left.  I was relieved and sighed deeply. It was obvious that Suho was mad at my behavior but I just couldn't help it. It was the way I was. I expected him to scold me but he ruffled my hair instead. I looked up at him, a bit confused. He gently smiled at me.

-"You did great" He said

I proudly smiled at him and thanked him. I was lucky to have him as my manager. Suho was the only one who could understand me well. We then headed to the theater. I hated that place. The teacher would scold me once again. Before we entered, I hugged Mr Bunny tight to get some strength and handed him to my hyung. The Teacher hated Mr Bunny. She was really mean.

I entered in the theater and sat with the other. The teacher stopped talking and looked at me. She gave me a mean look before continuing talking. For three hours, other actors and I will have to practice and practice and practice with her. Mr Bunny.... I really want to come back home right now...

 

 

POV Xiumin

I rushed out of the room as the bell rang. Finally I was free. It's not that I didn't like studying but at the end of the day, my brain was too full and couldn't learn anything anymore. I looked at my watch. It was five pm. I had three hours to kill before going to my part time job. I should do my homework but I was too lazy. I crossed the school gate and turned left. I sighed as I remembered what happened this morning. That girl was crazy. I had rejected her around five time but she still won't give up.

The worst thing was that, each time, she would run away while crying and everyone in the school thanks that I'm the bad guy. I messed my hair. Can't she just give up on me? I hoped that it was the last time she was confessing to me. She was quite pretty but her personality was horrible. I had seen her bullying many of other students. I still don't get why and how she fell for me. We never talked. That was what annoyed me the most. She was saying that she was deeply in love with me but she knew nothing about me.

-"Yo yo, what's with the gloomy face?"

I startled. I didn't realize that Tao, Lay and Kyungsoo had joined me. I told them about what happened this morning with the girl. They were the only ones in the school to know about this girl's personality. Aigoo, acting all cute in front of the others, how gross. Lay offered to go to his place and do our homework. I gladly accepted. With them I was sure to do my homework well. Moreover, Kyungsoo and I will teach them Korean. Indeed, both of them had arrived in Korea two years ago so they weren't really fluent with the language yet.

Lay lived near the school and near my bus stop. That was just perfect. He was living with his girlfriend called Lee Sun Kyu also known as Sunny. She was short and really cute. We liked her. They were a funny couple because Lay always seems high and she is always hyperactive. But they formed a sweet couple. She was a famous singer from Girl's Generation. Due to her schedule, they couldn't meet often but they still loved each other very much.

We entered in his house. In contrary of his looks, Lay was a tidy boy. His house was always tidy and clean. We sat at the table while Lay went in the Kitchen to prepare us some snacks and drinks. We did our homework quickly. I didn't know if we did it right but we did it. Kyungsoo and I then taught the two Chinese boys for a few minutes. We soon ended up talking about Tao's love life. We knew that he was in love with a boy he met in China but he still refused to tell us who it was.

We tried to guess by asking him some questions. So the one he loved was a cool, gentle, class, handsome, manly, y, perfect boy. We gave up trying to guess. It was useless. Anyway, Tao seemed to be in deep love with him. I was happy for him even though they weren't really dating yet. Since it was only six pm, we decided to watch a movie. Kyungsoo picked the first one he found and we took place in the sofa.

I didn't know that movie. It was an horror story about a little girl who gets possessed by a devil. I don't believe this kind of things so the movie wasn't really scary for me. But for my friends it was. I had never laughed more than that day. Their face were too awesome when they startled. I almost fell from the sofa many times because I was laughing. I think that I earned some bruises too. I teased Kyungsoo a bit too much.

Unfortunately, I had to go before the end. I gathered my belongings and walked out of the house after having said goodbye to everyone. I walked toward the bus stopped and waited. A man was already waiting. I sighed as I recognized who it was. He was the older brother of the girl I rejected many times. Of course he would hate me. I tried to ignore his glares but they were pretty intense. It wasn't my fault if he wasn't seeing the true personality of his sister. Or maybe he had the same personality? I shrugged,. Why would I care.

I saw my bus coming and prayed for him to take another one. I got in my bus and let out a relieved sight as I saw that he wasn't following me in. I sat at an empty seat at the back of the bus. I hope that he try to fight with me at school. I don't really like fighting but when I have to, I fight. I got out of the bus at my stop and walked toward my apartment. I still had half an hour before going to my part time job. That was great. I could shower myself before going to work.

I quickly climbed the stairs and directly headed to the bathroom. I undressed myself and went in the bathtub. I the water. It was cool to live by your own but sometimes I felt lonely. My parents were living on the countryside. When I told them that I wanted to become a chief, they sent me to Seoul with the money that they saved up. I felt guilty and grateful for that. I hadn't seen them for six months. They don't like the new technology so they don't have phones. They only way I had to contact them was to write them letters. Well, sometimes words can comfort you as much as action.

I washed myself and got out of the bathtub. I couldn't wait for the next break in a month. I could go and see them for two weeks. I dried myself and wore my uniform before heading out. I crossed the road and went in the store. I greeted my boss and the girl that I was replacing. They were two funny girls. I loved to talk with them. At eight pm, both of them left the store.

I was cleaning the store when I remembered about yesterday night. Will he really come again? I tilted my head. I guess he won't. Why would he come back. Customers kept on coming in until ten pm. I guess that everyone was already sleeping. The neighborhood was very calm and it was rare to see some drunk men wandering around. I sat behind the checkout and drew out my phone to play.

-"Anyway, if he comes again.. What food should I recommend him? Hmm.. He seemed to be skinny. Maybe he overworks? Then he has to eat starchy food. Pasta and rice will do. He didn't seem to have the time to cook properly. What a shame. Everyone should have the time to cook. Food is the most precious thing on the Earth. People should treasure it more." I said to myself while nodding.

I glanced at the clock. It was half past ten pm. There was still some time to go before I closed the store.

 

 

POV Luhan

I sat on the sofa of the lodge. I was exhausted. I looked at my watch. It was eight pm. I was shooting an advertising for some food. The only thing was that I couldn't eat what I was showing to the camera. It was really a shame. It looked so delicious. Thinking about it, my tummy started to growl. Unfortunately, I still hadn't finished my schedule yet. On my next drama, I would embody a famous singer. So I had to practice my voice. It was the first time that I would sing in front of someone else than Mr Bunny. I was nervous.

I picked up my best friend and pouted. Will I really be able to sing well? And if they don't like my voice, they will replace me with another actor right? But I really want to do that drama with Park Shin Hye... The knock on the door startled me. It was Suho. I stood up and followed him. On our way to the car, we met a lot of staff members. They all bowed to us while saying some "good work" or "your worked hard today". I only could bowed back to them. No sound would come out of my mouth. When I was nervous, it was like I was mute.

We walked out of the building. Fans were still here. I hugged Mr bunny tight on my chest. Why were they still here? Aren't they cold? it's dark already.

-"Be careful on your way home" I told my fans

In the screams, I bowed to them and went in the car. I really meant what I said. They really should be careful on their way home. I put on my security belt and rested my head against the window. I was already so sleepy. I didn't want to go to the sing lesson. I didn't even know the teacher. I won't be able to sing well if I am too nervous. Noticing my nervousness, Suho reassured me saying that everything will go well. I smiled. I knew that he was right but I couldn't help but being nervous.

We arrived at the agency I was working for. I slowly walked behind my hyung and kept on looking down. I didn't like it when everyone was staring at me. It was making me ill-at-ease. My manager knocked on the door and opened it. I entered in the room with him and bowed while stuttering a greeting. Since there was no answer, I lifted my head up. There was a man sitting next to a piano with some papers in his hand. He really looked scary with his black hair and his eyeliner. His aura frightened me. I slowly stepped back and stood behind Suho.

My hyung cleared his throat in order to attract the teacher's attention but it was a fail. Little by little, I relaxed myself. I looked around the room. It was a simple room. The walls were painted in light blue. My eyes stopped on the piano. The shape was really beautiful. I wanted to know what sound he was making. I was so focusing on the piano that I didn't notice that the teacher and Suho disappeared. I started to panic and to look everywhere. Why was my manager doing that to me? He knew that I easily get panicky...

I tried to open the door but it was locked. If it's a joke, It's not funny at all ! After a bit, I understood that I was locked it. My attention went back on the piano. I walked toward it and sat. I looked around. Was it really okay for me to play? I pouted. Anyway they locked me in, so they won't be mad at me if I play a little song. I closed my eyes and tried to remember what my father taught me back then.

My fingers moved on their own and started to play a familiar melody. My voice got along with the melody and I started to sing. It was an old and traditional Chinese song that my father taught me. I really liked this song. It talked about a little boy who dreamt to fly. Everyone around him told him to wake up and that it was impossible for a human to fly. But the little boy didn't give up. Each night, he observed the stars. One night he climbed on the top of a mountain. He approached the edge and looked up toward the sky. The stars were bigger than the other night. The boy breathed deeply and jumped. And he flew. He flew away toward the stars he liked so much.

This song was a bit sad and beautiful at the same time. After I played the last note, I let my arms falling on my knees. I missed my dad. I wanted to see him soon. Suddenly, the door opened and Suho and the teacher popped out. That one ran and hugged me. Fear filled my heart and I pushed him. A bit too hard. He fell on his but and looked at me, confused. I was breathing heavily. My heart was still racing from the fear. Suho squatted in front of me and told me words which helped me to calm down.

I expected the teacher to be mad at me and send me away. But he stood up and bowed to me.

-" I am really sorry to have frightened you. My name is Yesung and I love tortoise. So if you have some lettuce, just give it to me. It's really delicious with marmalade.  Do you like oranges? They are really good, especially with beef." said the teacher

I didn't really get half of what he said. He added that he loved my voice and that my voice had the power to move people. I desperately looked at Suho. I didn't know what he was talking about. Yesung clapped his hands and pushed me a bit to take my place in front of the piano. He started to play. I stood next to my hyung, not knowing what to do. The teacher turned his head toward me to encourage me to sing. At first, I sung shyly but after a bit, I finally relaxed and sung with all my voice. I really felt good.

After a while, it was the time for Suho and I to come back home. I bowed to Yesung. He is a weird teacher but I guess that I like him. We were walking toward the car. My hyung kept on saying that my voice was amazing and that I should have told him earlier that I had this kind of voice. I slightly blushed at his compliments. I didn't know that I had such an amazing voice either. He ruffled my hair and unlocked the car. I sat at the back and hugged Mr. Bunny. I somehow felt more happy than the other days.

Suho was ready to drive me home. I glanced at my watch. It was ten to midnight. I asked him if we could stop at the store we stopped yesterday. He raised an eyebrow and suspiciously asked me why. I lied to him saying that I wanted to buy some sodas. He seemed to believe my lie and he drove toward the store. I was excited to meet him again. Shall I ask him to be my friend? No, it's too soon. He will think that I am weird. I put on my white mask and my sunglasses. I didn't want him to recognize me. I was afraid that once he knows who I am, he will treat me differently.

It was midnight when Suho parked the car. I didn't wait for him to warn me and jumped out of the car. He was waiting outside the store with the keys in his hand. Maybe... is he waiting for me? I ran toward him and faked having run for a bit. He gently smiled at me. I really liked his face. He had a little chubby face. He was really cute. Just like  Mr.Bunny. I followed him inside. He had already prepared some food that I should buy. There were some pork, beef, vegetables, rice and pastas. I was afraid about the price but it ended to be quite cheap.

I bought everything and bowed to him while thanking him. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. Ah.. this again. Normally only Suho hyung can touch my head, but I don't feel any fear when he touches my head. Why is it that? I realized that I was staring at him silently for a few seconds. I immediately blushed. Hopefully I had my sunglasses and my mask. I had no idea what kind of face I was making right now.

I turned myself to go back to the car when I bumped into something and fell down. The boy squatted down and asked me if I was alright. I wanted to die right now. I wanted to disappear and not see him ever again. I began to stood up. He held my arm to help me. My breathing stopped. An awful pain tighten my heart. I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore. My heartbeat raced up. I started to panic. That was it. That fear again. I violently pushed him away. My sunglasses fell down and my mask was half gone. He looked at me, stunned and confused.

-"Lu Han?"

I kept on looking down. He walked toward me. I closed my eyes. I was scared to death. Suddenly I heard a familiar  voice. It was Suho who was calling for me. I didn't think twice and ran away toward him, letting the boy standing in the store.