Curiosity

Human Shield

“The police will handle the rest,” a woman in charge of the safety department for the school told them.

“As if the police can do anything about it.” Sehun leaned against the wall leisurely while waiting for the conversation to end.

“Sehun,” Kris said in a warning voice and apologized on his behalf.

“Then I'll leave the case in your hands,” Kris said and bowed. 

 

The seven of them left the room without making a fuss. Luhan looked at his watch with relief, they perfectly made it in time for school. Luhan remembered seeing two students walking by him, the excitement he felt at that moment was massive. As if it was his first time seeing students, he really felt like a student now. He had his navy blue uniform on, he just met the principal and some students. He felt like he could die happy now. Although the incident that just happened wouldn't leave his mind, he still tried to be positive. He had no idea it would be that dangerous for him to step out of the house, or at least not to that extent but there was no way he'd give up on school because of that.

 

“Class is beginning,” Kris said and patted Luhan's back.

“Oh right.” Luhan shook his head, trying to forget what he just went through. 

 

We walked along the long hallway, every white wall was covered with artwork worthy a normal  person's salary per month. A few students were casually skipping class and some were eating their breakfast. Luhan and the rest finally arrived in front of their classroom, they belonged to the A class and not that many were inside of the classroom, Luhan openep up the door quietly. In front of them was a teacher awaiting them, a very tall male teacher with thick glasses and a creepy smile. Creepy enough to make the rest frown.

 

“Let me introduce to you all the seven new transfer students,” the teacher cheerfully said and clapped. The rest of the class looked weirdly at them, thinking; why the hell there would be seven transfer students out of nowhere. Everyone was thinking the same, but no one questioned them. Luhan politely asked if the seat next to someone named Jihoon was free.

 

“I use that chair to place my bags on, or at least now I do.” Jihoon chuckled and put his bags on the chair, making the free spot unavailable. 

“Huh?” Kris frowned. 

“I told you-” Jihoon cut himself off as Kris threw down his bags without any mercy, out from the room via the window. Jihoon could only gasp.

“Go down and find my stuff back!” Jihoon shouted. 

“If there's anything you need to find and get back, that would be your brain.” Chen narrowed his eyes at Jihoon and nodded at Luhan who sat down with his mouth zipped.

 

Jihoon glared at Luhan and went back to read his book in peace. The class ended peacefully without any troubles, Luhan was rather satisfied. He had never enjoyed a moment so much like this. The smell coming from the new books and the sound he hears when the white chalk clashes with the black board makes his ears tickle. Everyone stormed out, some were staring at Luhan from afar. All classes ended at the same time and the school went from being quiet to extremely noisy and crowdy. 

 

“Urgh, so damn noisy,” Kris said and continued to sleep on his desk. 

“Hey, wanna grab some food together?” A boy came forward and asked. The human shields immediately reacted on the boy with a not-so-welcoming glare.

“Or maybe not,” the boy quickly walked away awkwardly and Luhan who wanted to say 'yes' or 'wait' couldn't say a thing.

“Did I do something wrong?” Luhan turned around and asked Xiumin who laughed.

“No, the body guards gave them an impactful glare as a welcoming gift.” Xiumin winked and chuckled.

“Huh?” Luhan gave them a confused frown and turned around back ahead. He glanced over at the students that stayed back.

 

Some girls were outside the classroom looking in at him from the door with their bright giggles as they whispered to each other with wide smiles and a nod. The girls slowly approached Luhan who gulped nervously, Luhan had no idea girls could dress this ually. Their shirts were ed to the point where you could see their cleavage, skirts so short that their asses popped out from time to time. They wore a ridiculous amount of make-up on top of that. Luhan couldn't even look at them and he was certainly not interested in hanging out with such girls.

 

“Hey, you're quite famous now on our school. News about you almost being kidnapped or whatever has spread like a wildfire.” One of them swung her arm around Luhan, her body gave off a strong smell. 

“That aside, want to hang out?” Another girl said and bent over, her cleavage was right in front of Luhan who nervously looked away.

“Why don't you bring your friends with you, those who are glaring at me?” The girl laughed cheerfully and pointed at them.

“Ehm, sure I guess?” Luhan mumbled. 

 

Luhan went with the girls, being the eyecandy he was, every male or female student automatically shifted their eyes directly at Luhan who walked in the center of the crowd. Girls surrounding his left and right with his bodyguards behind him. He became the most popular student in a matter of seconds. Rumors and his name spread across the whole school, Luhan not knowing anything just spent his school day leisurely. 

 

“So, you're quite cute you too. Wanna hang over at my place tonight?” A black haired girl asked and held Sehun's hand who quickly jerked away his hand.

“Not interested, ask someone who's actually interested in you.” Sehun glared at her and walked ahead.

“What the hell's with him?” The girl gasped unbelievably and rolled her eyes.

“Playing hard to get?” The girl shook her head at Sehun who only gazed over at Luhan nonstop. 

 

As soon as the day ended, Luhan found out about some shocking news. He stared at his butler Sebastian. 

 

“R-Repeat that once again,” Luhan said in a low voice.

“You'll be sleeping over here. You'll be dorming.” Sebastian handed over Luhan's packed things and bowed.

“B-But that's not what I wanted... why so suddenly? I thought my father didn't want me to be outside the mansion at all?” 

“The risk of you getting kidnapped on your way to the school is high, therefore it's safer to stay and night here.” Sebastian smiled and patted Luhan's head.

“Don't worry, the dorm is clean and neat. You wanted to socialize with your classmates and all that didn't you?” 

“Yeah, but still...” Luhan wasn't fully convinced, living at a dorm while knowing nobody? Not being able to sleep at his own bed? That was a big no-no.

“This will be a good opportunity for you to socialize with other comrades as well, master.” Sebastian went down on his right knee, doing a pose as if proposed to Luhan.

“Please, just this once. Listen to my words,” Sebastian said before Luhan could protest, Luhan was stunned. Never had he seen Sebastian kneel down in front of him like that.

“G-Get up this instant Sebastian, fine fine fine! I'll sleep here. Get up now,” Luhan mumbled while looking away with an embarrassed face.

 

Sebastian smiled and left without saying another word as his mission of convincing his master was finished. Luhan wanted to stop Sebastian from leaving and tell him that he didn't want to sleep here but he had no choice, now that he had agreed to it. 

 

Luhan nervously looked at the bags Sebastian had delivered for him. He eyed the room, it was spacious and big. He had his own big walk-in closet and toilet. His bed was king size and he even had a fridge in his room. He sighed nervously, he had never slept outside of his room. Never. Just the thought of not sleeping on his own bed made him scared and uncomfortable. He unpacked and changed to his oversized grey hoodie and black shorts. He glanced at the clock, it was bedtime but he was kind of hungry.

 

He looked for his wallet and pulled out his card. There was something that caught his eyes, it was the vending machine he was so fascinated by. He had never seen food stored inside of a square like that, it amused him very so he planned on trying to use it. He stepped out his room and Sehun quickly heard the noises of a door opening up - the other human shields heard it as well and rushed out. They had their rooms next to Luhan making it easy for them to know when Luhan leaves his room or not.

 

“Where you going?” Chen asked.

“I thought about using this thing, I've never seen food inside of a square. I heard you use money to get it out and eat it.” Luhan brightly looked at the chips inside of the machine he had yet to discover the name of.

 

Xiumin tried to hold in his laughter, he had never seen anyone so innocently amused by a vending machine ever. They all looked at each other shook their heads while thinking rich people problems geez... They saw Luhan pulling out his black card and they immediately broke out in laughter.

 

“You're gonna use your black card on a vending machine?” Xiumin cried and laughed.

“W-What's ... so funny?”

“Use this instead,” Sehun calmly said and handed him some bank notes for him to use to purchase whatever he needed.

“Oh thanks ... So where to I push this thing in? Here, right?” Luhan nervously glanced over them. 

 

His bodyguards just shook their heads, this would take a long time.

 

After finally learning how to use the so-called vending machine. Luhan slowly adapts more and more to having body guards with him. They were still intimidating in a way or another for sure, but he knew they weren't bad people at least. Sehun who seemed rather cold was quite caring but very blunt. Xiumin who he thought were the youngest was actually the oldest and Chen continued to get amazed by the techonology the school had.

 

They all went to bed and the only thing Luhan could think of was the vending machine. He had never witnessed anything like that before. He grinned as he fell asleep, thinking about how wonderful his school life wil be.