Prolouge

Human Shield

PjTMPFo.png

 

Luhan looked at himself in the mirror with the widest possible smile and headed down shortly after to have some breakfast with his father. His father looked pleasingly at Luhan as he ordered a maid to get Luhan his westernized breakfast. Luhan was spoiled and loved by his one and only father. Luhan's father owned a company located in China, a company with hundreds of workers and his father's company was worth billions. Due to those facts and for Luhan's safety they quickly moved to a unknown place in the middle of Seoul; the capital of South Korea. 

 

“Father, I think I want to attend school again...” Luhan said with a serious tone and looked up. 

“I won't allow that,” replied his father not even looking up.

“Father! Please,” Luhan mumbled and poked his meat. 

“Luhan. You were almost kidnapped in school. You were almost robbed.” His father reminded him of the reasons why he had to quit school.

“It's the first time I'm asking you for a favor!” Luhan raised his voice. 

“This is for you Luhan,” his father said in the sweetest voice but Luhan refused to let the sweet voice get to him.

“Get me a bodyguard or whatever, just let me attend school!” Luhan yelled. 

“No is a no.” 

 

Luhan bit his underlip while he started to tear up, he quickly left the table and headed upstairs furiously. His father was left with his chin hanging down, he had never seen his son act like that and it made him feel guilty. His son that was always obedient. Luhan's father quickly followed Luhan to calm him down. Luhan had locked himself inside of his room and his father could do nothing but call for him and bang on the door.

 

“Luhan!” His father called out. 

“Luhan!” He repeated but got no answer. 

 

A silence abrupt. 

 

“Fine, I'll let you attend school again with a bodyguard. Not just one but six!” Luhan's father sighed. 

“For real?” Luhan asked, unsure if he could trust his father or not. 

“Yes, quickly come out.”

“If you break your promise I'll ... run away!” 

“Run away?!” His father gaped at the words.

“Y-Yeah!” Luhan said, but he would never ever do it. 

“Are you aware of what you're saying in front of me? Luhan.” 

“Promise I'll get to attend school then,” Luhan said. His father stared at the door with his mouth wide open.

“Fine, fine, fine.”

 

Luhan smirked while opening up the door with his father leaning against a wall watching Luhan with his stern eyes. His father sighed and smiled, the smile that Luhan so appreciated. Luhan made a thumb-up and being the father he was he couldn't resist Luhan's charms. Luhan jumped around in his room, on his bed on his desk. He was excited, so excited that he couldn't contain himself. Finally, he thought. It was about time Luhan attended school, being homeschooled made him bored and he felt like he was suffocating. Luhan rolled around on his bed while whistling happily, hoping that he could start school as soon as possible.

 

“Sebastian, get me the phone,” Luhan's father said while surfing the internet. 

“Yes sir.” Sebastian, a loyal butler, got the phone and handed over it to his master.

“I guess it's about time to call our secret base, the base that trains human shields. We need six of those though, think they have that many?” 

“I've heard that they have at least hundred of human shields,” Sebastian replied.

“Good. I need the best of the best.” Luhan's father immediately called them.

 

A human shield, they are found on the street and taken in by the organization that trains them up. The training they go through could kill them as they have to act on their instincts, remove their fear and emotions. In the end they become only tools with a human-looking surface that will get killed as their duty is to protect their owners. Some of those that survive the training become emotionless and some not. The more they dedicated themselves to the training the more chance is it for them to lose their emotions. This whole organization and way of training humans are actually illegal, but it's thanks to the rich and influential people that the organization can continue what they do.

 

“Their names; Sehun, Kris, Xiumin, Tao, Chen and Lay was it?” 

“I see, thank you. They are the best of the best right?” Luhan's father assured before hanging up and the man on the phone laughed with a clear yes.

“Is it necessary to bring so many bodyguards around master Luhan though?” Sebastian asked politely, not trying to offend anyone.

“It is, Luhan is weak, fragile, innocent and naive. He needs protection,” Luhan's father said.

 

PjTMPFo.png

 

The doorbell rang and Luhan had no choice but to wake up and open up. It was nearly 3 AM when Luhan glanced over at the clock. Then he suddenly started to suspect everything.

 

“Who rings the doorbell this late at night?” Luhan squinted his eyes.

“Maybe a criminal? A robber? A ... Murderer.” Luhan gasped as he looked around, trying to find a maid or staff but everyone was asleep already.

 

Luhan's heart was beating hard, he could hear his heartbeat loud and clear as he tip toed towards the window next to the door to check who it was, but no one was there. Luhan gulped as he ran upstairs, scared for his life.

 

“Did I just hear things?” Luhan nodded to his question to convince his heartbeat to slow down again. The window suddenly opened up and Luhan found six random men  staring at his body.  Luhan gaped as he pointed a finger on them, he became speechless as he tried to find the correct words to adress them. 

 

“The ?!”

 

PjTMPFo.png

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed this intro! Please don't forget to comment 8D