An idea

Broken

Gage made it home without incident. Eunhyuk had explained that the Sun preferred to sleep in the day after the full moon, sometimes sleeping the entire day. The house was quiet when she entered. She first checked on Hoya to find that he had gone back to bed. And then on Myungsoo, who had also gone back to bed. Rather than going back to her room she crawled into bed with him. His eyes shot open. “Go back to sleep” She whispered. He took hold of one of her hands before closing his eyes. Gage matched her breathing with his before drifting off to sleep.

--

“Puppy pile!” was the only warning the twins sleep addled brains had before the weight of five of their brothers landed on them. “Mm… sleep” Gage muttered burying under a pillow.

“Sunggyu is making coffee” Sungyeol announced. Someone took the pillow away which she replaced with her arms making the six of them chuckle.

“Did you take that stuff? You weren’t like this after the last full moon” SungJong nudged her shoulder. She nodded answering his question “Yeah well my wolf didn’t nearly kill me last time did it?” She yawned turning on her side “What time is it?”

“2:30 in the afternoon” Woohyun answered.

“There’s coffee?”

“Yes” they chorused.

“Let me up” Gage stretched once they let the twins up and headed for the kitchen “Aren’t you going to change?” Sungyeol asked. She shook her head “These are Jia’s” she tugged on the clothes “And my second outfit today. I think I’m fine.”

Sunggyu kissed Gage’s head as she reached for a mug “This is my second cup today and it’s not going to be enough.” He followed her over to the table, making Hoya move over a seat so he could sit next to her.

“You’re going to need more than just caffeine then.” He took her face in his hands and studied it for a bit. Her left eye flashed and she immediately closed it. Sunggyu’s gaze slid over to Woohyun “Didn’t Hyuk say he made ‘her’ sleep?” Woohyun nodded “He also cautioned that he didn’t know how long it would last since he’s not her Alpha.

“Um.” Everyone returned their attention to Gage. “Everything was fine this morning until Minhyuk growled when I asked Chanyeol for a set of clothes to wear home.”

Everyone’s eyes widened and Dongwoo burst out laughing. “Do you know what this means?” He slapped the table, still chuckling the phone rang and SungJong got up to answer it. “I know what it could mean.”

Sunggyu got up taking the phone from SungJong. “She doesn’t feel it yet” Hoya said thoughtfully. “Why didn’t you call me about it earlier?” Sunggyu was on the verge of a growl. “Thanks but I’d have rather had a call about this earlier than had a few more hours of sleep.”

Seeing as Sunggyu was busy Gage got up to refill her cup before heading out back. Dongwoo and Woohyun followed. “Is this about-” She shushed Woohyun. And pulled a piece of chalk from her pocket before finding a decent sized rock, drawing a symbol on it before placing it on the ground in the middle of them.

“What did you just do?”

“Didn’t want anyone listening in. It doesn’t work as well as a charm. But I don’t have any on me at the moment so this will have to do” She shrugged. “It’s a little silly since the others will know eventually, I just don’t want everyone to know right this second, ya know?” she slipped her hands into her pockets.

“You just don’t want Sungyeol to overhear” Dongwoo and Woohyun chuckled. “So what are these dreams about?” Woohyun started.

“They’re always a bit different but always about a flower. I drew it on the Lotus’ roof. Minhyuk said it was a moon flower.”

Woohyun and Dongwoo shared a look. “That makes sense now.” “Care to elaborate” Dongwoo raised his eyebrows at Woohyun. “I was going too… The last time Gage and I talked she said that the dreams get clearer when she’s outside.” Gage nodded.

“The moon flower could mean a lot of things. I’ll look into it. I’ll also have to let Sunggyu know”

“You are the Alpha’s second.” The stone gave off a soft glow. “Times up” she rubbed the chalk off and looked up at the two. “Say something” she mouthed.

“That was fast”

“What the hell was that?!” Sungyeol sounded from an open window.

“I need more coffee” She laughed heading back inside. Gage hopped up on the counter and poured herself another cup once back inside. “Why” Sungyeol entered the kitchen, she watched him over the edge of the mug taking a sip. “You know, the point to eavesdropping, is not get caught.

“What’s the point when you can’t even hear the conversation?!”

“Exactly” she smiled at his frustration. “Yeol is – oh there you are” Sunggyu joined them.

Gage’s eye started glowing again but she refrained from clutching it. Though she did wince and they both definitely saw it. “That’s why I was looking for you, time to put her back to sleep for the time being.” Gage set her mug aside before closing her eyes as Sunggyu rested his forehead against hers. She heard a warning like growl in her head. A deeper growl answered. Her wolf snapped at that. Sunggyu’s answered back louder but this time it wasn’t just the wolf in her head, her eldest brother had physically growled back with his wolf demanding submission from hers. Gage could feel her back down and the pressure in her eye faded away. Sunggyu stepped back “Well that was interesting.”

Gage opened her eyes “Why-”

“She’s trying to protect you but your mind and body aren’t ready for her yet. Which is why it hurts when she comes forward. She’ll stay back until you’re ready.”

She nodded and hopped off the counter and immediately swayed. Sunggyu and Sungyeol both reached out to her, Gage shook her head declining their help. “I’m gonna go take a nap.”

They shared a look. “That sounds like a good idea. Do you think you can make it to your room?” Sunggyu asked.

“I won’t collapse on the stairs if that’s what you’re worried about” She smiled “I’ll be fine.” She made it just inside her room when her legs gave out. But she made it to her room on her own and that’s all that mattered.

“You know, that wouldn’t have happened if you had let one of them help you” Gage turned her head to see Hoya in the doorway. “You would totally sleep where you fell wouldn’t you?” He picked her up and carried her, the rest of the way to her bed. She opened . “No complaining. You never said you could make it to your bed. You made it to your room on your own so in no way should your pride be bruised by one of your brothers helping you to bed.”

“Thanks” Gage yawned as he set her on the bed.

He chuckled “How can you be that tired? You drank an entire pot of coffee own your own.”

She shrugged “Stranger things have happened.”

“Well get some rest. You’ll be starting training tomorrow. I think Sungjong and Sungyeol are going to slow you some of the trail nearby.”