Ch. 14

Broken

As promised, Gage joined the two in the office, coffee in hand.

So what did you need to talk about?”

Gage just looked at Myungsoo and motioned towards the floor and the couch. “The floor. Are you sure you don’t want to try it on your own?”

“I’m a bit scared to try by myself yet and I think I’d like to be alone when I do try it alone.” Myungsoo settled across from her on the floor.

“You’re not going to explain are you?” Sunggyu asked.

Gage turned a glowing eye toward him “Just watch.” Myungsoo shook his head to let Sunggyu know it was alright so he wouldn’t rush to her side or something. The two started to meditate like they did earlier that morning. She felt the same change in the air but she kept her eyes closed until Sunggyu gasped. Gage opened her eyes in time to watch as Sunggyu dipped his head to her wolf and vice versa. Her wolf grumbled happily before curling up alongside her.

She became solid when they touched and it was Gage’s turn to gasp. “Are you alright?” her brothers asked as they watched the two. She nodded and yawned, setting a hand on her wolf’s head. Her wolf studied her for a bit before letting out a small yawn and her hand before she disappeared. Gage let herself fall back so she was laying on the floor and put an arm over her eyes.

“That was amazing” Sunggyu breathed “When did you know you could do that?”

“At about 3 this morning” Myungsoo answered.

“Woohyun mentioned something about you guys not being able to sleep.”

“Actually she woke me up.” Gage kicked out at him “you could’ve gone back to sleep.”

“It’s fine.”

Sunggyu shook his head at the two “So what I get from that was that she can manifest but only astral unless the two of you are touching.”

“Yeah the solid thing was new” Gage replied softly. “Coffee…” She mumbled rolling to her knees. “I don’t know when she’ll show herself to the others though. She disappeared when Woohyun walked in this morning.”

“Possibly when you’re used to each other and a bit more stronger. Is there any way you could use your charms to help temporarily settle your energies or strengthen them until you two are strong enough?” Sunggyu suggested.

Gage who was now sitting on the desk, slowly shook her head as she thought through it. “I don’t think so… but…” she thought a bit more “Duplicates, maybe…” she mumbled under her breath. “Yeah I think that could work.” She hopped off the desk “I’ll be in my room” She cracked the door open “and unless Sungyeol seriously has a death wish he’ll leave me alone.” With that she left.

“What just happened?”

Myungsoo shrugged “You’re the Alpha.”

“You’re her twin.” Sunggyu shot back.

Myungsoo smirked and shook his head “Unless she asks for help which is unlikely as they’re her charms and she usually knows what she’s doing. We’ll either hear about it or actually get to witness it one day.”

“She shouldn’t have tempted Sungyeol like that.”

“That was definitely a threat. He’ll be fine for the most part. And if his curiosity does get the best of him he’ll just have to learn the hard way.”

--

“What are you doing?” Gage looked over her shoulder to see Hoya and Dongwoo standing behind her. “Temporarily relocating the smaller of the two coffee makers.”

“Why?”

“Because I have work to do.”

“Would you like a mini fridge as well?” Hoya deadpanned

“Don’t be ridiculous, I don’t plan on missing any meals.”

“Good” Dongwoo chuckled “Because I’m not totally against dragging you out of your room.”

Gage smiled and shrugged before making her way to her room with the coffee machine. “Out” she said the moment she stepped into the room. She listened while she set the machine up. “Yeolie, leave while I’m asking nicely, I promise I’ll go over charms with you some other time when I’m not experimenting.”

He crawled out from under her bed “But couldn’t you use an extra hand if you’re experimenting?” Gage shook her head “No, because if anything goes wrong either nothing would happen of the magic misfires and seeing as it’s my magic, I would rather have it misdirected at me than someone who is trying to help.”

“Alright, is there anything I can get you before you start?” He asked still wanting to help any way he could. Not wanting to just brush him off she gave him her full attention “I should have everything, Thanks. Um nothing should happen but if it helps any of you feel a bit more at ease, feel free to have Lay on standby.”

“Alright, I’ll bring up a sandwich or something for lunch. Just remember to come down for dinner.” Gage hugged him. “Thanks Yeolie.”

--

“I know you guys called me to be on standby and seeing as I haven’t been called over everything should be alright.”

Sunggyu heard a restless growl in the background “That sound like a ‘but’. Spit it out Lay.”

“Is everything alright?”

“The last anyone heard from her was lunch when Sungyeol brought food up to her. There hasn’t been any weird shifts or anything. I’ll go check on her if that’ll help the situation over there.”

“Please, Thanks.”

Sunggyu made his way to Gage’s room. Honestly the entire time Gage had been working on her new charm he had felt power ebbing from her room every now and then. But it wasn’t ever anything to cause alarm. Gage met him at the door and held her hand out for the phone. “Lay? Give him the phone or put it on speaker.”

“Speaker it is.”

“I’m fine ya goof, now knock it off.” She held the phone back out to him. “Lay wants to talk to you again.”

Sunggyu studied her for a bit “Dinner in 30.” Gage nodded before turning back to her room.

“…I’m not sure if that was enough.”

“Eunhyuk is his Alpha. Can’t he do anything?”

“It’s been two full moons since she was here. He’s kinda at the end of his string. We know the dangers but would it be alright if Minhyuk and one of our other members join your family for dinner tonight?”

“That would be alright with me if it’s alright with Zhou Mi and Hyuk. I assume Jia will be the other member?”

“Yeah, she’s not as high profile as the leaders and she’s the only one aside from maybe me who he wouldn’t get jealous over.”

“Alright they’ve got 25 minutes.”

“Thanks”