Dreams

Broken

“Has anyone seen Gage?” Woohyun entered the living room.

Sunggyu looked up from his laptop “If she’s not in her room, check with Myungsoo.”

Woohyun sighs and sits on an armrest next to Hoya. “Does anyone else think it’s weird that she’s our sister but the only one who can sense where she is, is Myungsoo?”

“I’ve noticed that too” Sungyoel nods.

“It’s either got something to do with her being broken or she’s purposely hiding her presence which is an old habit of hers. And the fact that they’re twins causes Myungsoo’s connection with her to be stronger than ours” Dongwoo explained.

Woohyun got up to leave as Myungsoo entered the room apple in hand. “Try the tree out back,” was all he said as he took Woohyun’s spot on the armrest. The elder shook his head as he made his way outside sure enough there she was though when Myungsoo had mentioned the tree he definitely didn’t expect to find her up in said tree. She must have sensed him as her eyes were open and on him before he could even think of climbing up to wake her. ‘Now that’s not fair.’ She stretched “Were you out here all night?”

Gage answered with a sleepy nod before she started her decent. “So… why were you out here? Are you a monkey or a wolf?” Woohyun  chuckled as she hung from a branch.

“So many questions, big brother.” She teased swinging her legs. “I am certainly not a monkey and apparently I’m not a wolf.” She landed next to him “To answer you first question I was dreaming.”

“Sleep walking?” Gage shook her head “I don’t sleep walk, never have. It’s these dreams, for some reason they’re clearer out here.”

Woohyun stopped her with a hand on her shoulder, a look of concern slipping over his face “Dreams, what dreams?”

Gage let her eyes wander “It’s nothing, everyone dreams.”

“Needing to make something clearer is not nothing.”

Gage wished he hadn’t picked up on that. “How about I tell you about it once I’ve made some sense of them.”

“Fine.” Gage’s stomach growled, Woohyun chuckled “Let’s find you a bit to eat.”

Gage’s head was on the table the second she sat down. “Dreams, eh.” She shot up and sleepily glared at Sungyeol who she could’ve sworn hadn’t been at the table when they came in. “I wish you would stop doing that” she grumbled.

“Plural, more than one” he ignored her.

“The house is sound proof so you couldn’t have just overheard that unless you were eavesdropping… or…” she let her gaze slip over to Woohyun who had just set a plate of food in front of her.

Woohyun chuckled and ruffled her hair “You my dear little sister are too suspicious for your own good. Besides” he tapped his head “I haven’t told anyone anything.”

Gage turned her gaze back on Sungyeol. “Jeez thanks man.”

Woohyun crossed his arms “Have you ever thought of maybe changing your ways, oh all-knowing brother of mine?” “If this was a world of spies, he would be the spy master” Woohyun told Gage.

“I don’t doubt that” she laughed in reply. “So-” “No” Gage cut Sungyeol off. “But you don’t even know what I was going to say” he pouted. “I’ve got a pretty good idea” she said watching him over her cup. “Oh” Sungyeol sat up straighter a playful glint in his eyes. Gage sighed as she got up in search of coffee.

“Yeolie” Dongwoo chuckled as he joined the other three “Maybe you should let our sister wake up a bit more before you start asking her to show you a bunch of stuff.”

“I didn’t even get a chance to ask!” He went to slam his head on the table in a tantrum only to hit something soft. His eyes were wide staring at the hand he had smashed as he sat back up. “I’m not even going to ask how..” he muttered before someone cleared their throat breaking him from his trance. “Ohmygosh! I’m so sorry! Gage! Why, why would you do that? Sorry, sorry…” he frantically apologized as he examined her hand, turning it over and over.

Gage shook his grip and took hold of his face “Yeol! It’s okay.” She let go, resisting the urge to roll her eyes as she went back to the coffee machine. “Had I known you’d react that way I would’ve let you hit the table. Geez” she muttered.

At this Dongwoo and Woohyun couldn’t hold it anymore and burst out laughing. Mainly because of Sungyeol’s antics. “He does that a lot, next time just leave him to himself” Dongwoo said once he caught his breath. “Where’d she go?” Sungyeol looked in the kitchen then back at the other two who shrugged “Guess you’re not the only one who can enter and leave a room like that” Woohyun Chuckled.

“Where are you off to little one?” ‘little one’ Gage mouths as she’s drawn into the living room. “Hiding and since when did you start referring to me as ‘little one’?”

Hoya chuckled as a brief look of confusion passed over Sunggyu’s face. “He’s been talking to ZhouMi again. He calls everyone little one at one point or another.”

“Ah” Gage rocks back on her heels. “So who are you hiding from?” Sunggyu finally askes.

“Sungyeol.”

“Ah. Go,go. We won’t tell him we saw you.”

“He’ll know I stopped in here…” She said quietly before turning to head upstairs, Sungyeol found her half an hour later in SungJong’s room. He stood in the door way staring at her sitting in the middle of SungJong’s bed, “What are you doing?” he nearly choked out.

“Meditating” She opened an eye, glancing at him. “What are you doing?”

“Not committing suicide.”

Gage giggled at this “Are you afraid of our little brother?”

“Generally only when it comes to entering his room” he shook off a heeebie jeebie from the memory of what happened the last time he entered SungJong’s room.

 “Well… if it makes you feel any better I do have permission to be in here.” She informed him, stretching.

“Not really…” he scuffed his foot on the floor. “So… does it help?”

 “Meditation?” He nodded. “I’ve used meditation for many things but I’m not sure it’s helping with what you’re asking about. The only time I’ve noticed anything different has been when I’ve meditated with Myungsoo.”

SungYeol perked up at that “Mind if I try?” Gage regarded him with a thoughtful look “what about SungJong?” “Um…” Gage shook her head, she just wanted to see him squirm a little “I’ll come out” She smiled.

“Party pooper” SungJong muttered from behind Sungyeol who spun around nearly tripping over his feet, hand over heat. SungJong waved his fingers at him with a dark look in his eyes before pushing him out of the doorway and entering his room. Gage closed the door behind her as she joined Sungyeol in the hallway with an amused look on her face. “You knew he was there” it wasn’t a question.

“Don’t even think about it” she raised her hands at the look in his eyes “I didn’t do anything and you didn’t’ go in his room.” “Gage!” Hoya called from downstairs. The corner of raised and then she took off a split second before Sungyeol lunged for her.