New Teacher

Forbidden Love

I was fiddling in my seat, watching some of the jock s play around and joke like they're the . You can throw a ball a long way. Yep, you're the ing , all right.

All right, they did more than that. Football actually looked really hard but that didn't give the excuse for Choi Siwon, the quarterback, to be knocking over a new poor girl's books off her desk, only to turn and whistle and look at the calendar on the wall while she had to shuffle to pick them up again. All the while, his best buds snickered behind him like it was the funniest thing in the whole damn world.

I hope the new teacher knew how to get around or else she may come in and she probably won't get through this school year easily, already showing as a pathetic underdog to every student in here.

The nerd of the class, Xiumin, was sitting in his seat, his notebook already open to the first page and a pencil lying directly beside it, eagerly waiting to be used. I hope he's especially easy on this new teacher, as well. If a teacher messes up in the slightest, he doesn't even raise his hand to correct. He just shouts it out across the room: "You're wrong! You messed up right here! This is the correct answer," and then raises the notebook proudly in the air with the "correct" answer. Yep, I figured that Ms. Hwang was pretty much doomed.

That was my opinion until she walked in through the door. The first thing I noticed was her very pricey looking high heels. I'm sure they were some fashion designer's idea but I had never paid much attention to that. Why pay three hundred bucks for a shirt because someone's name on it when I can get pretty much the exact same one at the Gap or Target for like, fifteen, twenty bucks?

Secondly, her legs were slim, pale, and long. Her black skirt ended maybe an inch above her knee and my eyes traveled up slender hips where her skirt ended with a black belt around it, buckled around her tiny waist. A sultry shade of pink was on her blouse and her chest was…wow. Damn! She must have on the best Victoria's Secret bra on because her s were round and firm and have a fair amount—but not too much to be deemed ty—of cleavage showing from the v-cut in her blouse.

Finally, her face was beautiful. She had a bright eye-smile on her face like she was actually excited to be here and sparkling chestnut brown eyes accompanied her cheery exterior. Her hair was brown and long, styled in such a way that made me believe that she spent a great deal of time on her hair.

Sungmin was correct. She did look young. And gorgeous.

My stomach dropped. My fellow students were going to kill her.

Of course, the first thing Siwon did was stop chewing on the Twizzler he had hanging out of his mouth to blatantly exclaim, "Whoa!" to which I momentarily cringed at. Really? Please be more subtle at the fact that you can't control your raging hormones, dumb .

If Ms. Hwang heard his stupid remark, she made no indication. She simply closed the door behind her, set her also expensive looking purse down on her desk and smiled, looking over the students. Everyone immediately, as if under a spell, sank down into their desks. She walked slowly to the front of her desk, her smile faded, surveying each and everyone of us.

When her eyes got to me, I felt a flush creep up into my face and knew I looked horrendously stupid with my face tomato red. I attempted a smile but then failed so just gave a small nod to her. Her lips tugged at the corner and I saw a tiny smile directed towards me before she moved on.

"Hello class," she started. Holy hell. Her voice was really pretty. It was as if she was singing, her voice was so…relaxing and velvety.

"My name is Tiffany Hwang. I'll be teaching you English. You will call me Ms. Hwang, as it says on your schedule." She stopped for a moment to grab her cell phone on her desk and I assume, turn it off or turn it on vibrate.

"These things, by the way?" She raised her cell phone in the air and shimmied it for a moment. "I don't care if you text while in my class. It's your decision if you don't want to pay attention and fail. The first time it makes a sound though, I'll take it up and give it to you at the end of class. The second time, I'll hold it for a day. I can't promise I won't snoop and see what you have on there." At this, she winked and the class chuckled softly, like they weren't sure if they were supposed to laugh at it and still wary of her. "Um, what else?" She put her hands together and pursed her lips, contemplating. I looked at her lips. They were in a very attractive shade of…something I couldn't quite describe. "Homework isn't that much. If you need help, ask me. And I'll be here for at least an hour after school gets out if you don't want to ask during class. I completely understand. I went through high school once too."

Her eyes scanned the classroom again and once again, met mine. What the was wrong with me? I never blush under a teacher's gaze. I started to get frustrated with myself and made a vow to not meet her eyes for the remainder of the damn period. As soon as she looked away, that is.

"Any questions?" She asked, still keeping eye contact with me. Her right eyebrow rose slightly at the end and it was like she was only asking me. Maybe because I looked like I was drowning right now, my face was so red and I was fidgety as so she was worried.

Finally, she looked away and then I just stared at my desk. "You married?" Siwon asked. Loudly. "Nope." I could hear the easiness floating in her voice, as if she knew that this wasn't at all related to school but put up with it anyways. That whole "new teacher, who can hit on her the most" act. Hopefully the other teachers filled her in on it and the best way to deal with it.

"How old are you?" The idiot asked again. "Well, you should know that you should never ask a lady that," she . "Well, I'm 18 by the way. Perfectly legal." I raised my eyes and saw his lips surrounded by a dirty, black beard stretched into a creepy smile. God. Ew. A round of laughter and "Ohhh!" erupted from my classmates. I couldn't resist looking at her to see her reaction, even if that meant she met my eyes. 

"What's your name?" All playfulness was gone. Siwon's cocky attitude didn't leave, even at this. "Choi. Siwon Choi."

"Siwon, I really don't stand for comments like that in my class. You make another one like that and I'm kicking you out of my class. Normally, I'm very tolerant of jokes but nothing about that, all right?" Uhm, wow. Don't have to worry about the kids making her look like a fool. Even I was scared of her right now and I didn't even do a damn thing.

"All right," he said loudly. Obviously, this hadn't affected him at all.

She turned to pick up a stack of papers, but stopped when Siwon's voice rang out with: "Maybe I'll get detention and you can punish me, Tiffany."

She turned instantly, her smile completely gone from her face. "Get the hell out of my class right now, Mr. Choi." Everyone in the classroom stopped and I held in my breath, waiting and praying that he just left.

Please, for the love of God, just leave you dumb . Some recognition finally streaked across his face and he rose slowly, grabbing his book bag and slung it over his shoulder, leaving quietly. Ms. Hwang walked over to the school phone, punching in numbers somewhat hesitantly, probably because she might've learned them just today and then spoke in hushed tones while the rest of us just sat there, in total amazement.

Finally, she hung up and then turned to the class. "Ok, now that that's done with, does anyone have any more questions?" She wasn't her cheery, happy self she was at the beginning of class but she wasn't livid, either. She was in the middle. Amazing. Other teachers would be such es to us when we didn't even do anything. My respect for her just kept on growing in such a short amount of time. We were silent and she waited for a few seconds, her hands on her hips and looking to one side of the room and then moved to the other, missing me completely, I noticed.

"Nothing? OK. I'll give these papers. They're self-explanatory and then you guys can talk amongst yourselves. We'll start working tomorrow." She grabbed the stack and passed them out quickly, with such grace. She didn't do that gross thing where she her finger and pulled out the paper, either. I usually got that one. Thank you for your saliva!

The bell rang just as she was passing out for the last row and we all stood, grabbing our things. I shuffled forward and accidentally hit the left side of her. Something ran through me and hit my core but I couldn't exactly decide what it was. It freaked the hell out of me, though.

"Oh, sorry," she mumbled as she straightened the papers with such poise, not one folded or wrinkled in any way. She looked up from her papers, meeting my eyes and smiled. "Have a nice day, k?" She moved past me, almost gliding on her heels I noticed. She must wear those things to bed.

I huffed, exasperated for a remark and just muttered out a "You too" by the time I was halfway out the door.

I had respect for her and clearly she knew what to do but for some reason, I didn't know how to act normal around her. Correction. I couldn't act normal around her and that bothered me. A lot.