Soulmate Au (Vkook)

BTStories Collection

That dude there, I need his prosthetic leg.
His leg?
Yeah.

Jungkook sighted. “Stop lying. This is the stupidest thing you’ll say today, and it’s only 2 am.” Jimin just rolled his eyes and took another piece of Jungkook’s birthday cake. “I am for real. That’s what the tattoo says. Ask your mum or something if you don’t believe me.”

It was a well-known fact that on the day of your 16th birthday the first words and last words you hear your soul mate say got tattooed into your skin. But the main problem was that only others were able to see the ink that marks your skin.

“Look, I am not saying it is impossible that the first thing I’ll hear my soul mate say is just a quote from The Guardian’s of the Galaxy, but really? With what sort of geek am I destined to spend my life?”

Jimin laughed a little bit. “Well, at least it’s better than mine.”

True.

Jungkook still remembered the face his best friend had when he read: This may look weird, but it’s not what you are thinking of.

Since that day they have been trying to think of every single scenario in which that sentence was in context. Was the person doing something inappropriate? Was the person somewhere weird? What may look weird, but not be the first thing you think off?

“And what is the last thing?” Jungkook asked while extending his left arm. Jimin, who was still thinking on his own mysterious tattoos, left Jungkook’s right arm, where the first sentence was, and took the other one.

“But if you think this is just some high school club where you can sing and dance your way through any social issue… Or confused uality; you have come to the wrong place. There is none of that here. That’s high school. This is real life. NOW. Don’t just bring it, sing it, and let’s do this.”

Silence.

None of them knew what to say.

This one was even weirder than the geeky quote from before.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Jungkook tried to make sense of all of it. Why sing it? Why is that not a high school club? What is ‘this ’?

Jimin though for a little while, until one of his lost memories came back to him. “I think I’ve heard that before. But… where?”

It only took a quick Google search to discover that Jimin was right; he had heard that before. Sadly, that made Jungkook even angrier.

“ARE YOU TELLING ME THE LAST THING I WILL EVER HEAR FROM MY SOUL MATE IS A ING PITCH PERFECT QUOTE?!?”

No one knows what will appear on your arm the day you turn 16, you just know that when you hear those words, everything will be different.
“Look man, the first sentence is usually something very random. Can you lend me your pencil? You are the worst driver I had the bad luck of meeting. Two waffles and a lot of honey, please. So it’s normal yours is kinda weird. And about the last one, that’s just bad luck.”

“But they are usually very nice… What was yours? For me you are better than Taeyang, right? Something like that. Mine is just a Pitch perfect quote. APitch Perfect quote is the last thing I’ll ever listen my soul mate say.”

Jungkook slammed his head against his bed. Jimin chuckled a little and kept on eating cake. It was 2 am and classes were going to start in five days, but both guys knew that reading the soul-tattoos was more important than sleep and stuff. Sadly, this sleep-over was going in a complete opposite direction than expected.

“Think of it in a positive way, at least you’ll know who your soul mate is automatically. Not a lot of people go around quoting The Guardians of the Galaxy.”

 

 

“Now, in order to get to know each other, I want you to say your favourite quote, your name and your age.” The new academic year had just started, and what better way to learn the names or the students that making them embarrass themselves by making them say a quote in front of a group of strangers.

Jungkook’s head met the table.

It hurt? Yes.

Was it worth it? Nope.

Would he do it again? Hell yeah.

Jungkook slammed his head against the table again.

Some of his classmates asked him if he was okay.

No, he was not.

He had spent several days trying to think of ways why someone would randomly quote a superhero movie out of the blue. He had gone to several comic shops waiting for some weirdo to quote something to him. But he had only managed to make himself look like an even a weirder weirdo.

It was so obvious. Class introductions. Teachers loved them.

Everyone started to quote things. There were from books to songs, from films to text posts. And then it happened.

He was quite hot, if Jungkook was honest with himself. Tall, crazy hair and a mesmerising smile.

And then he opened his mouth.

 That dude there, I need his prosthetic leg.
His leg?
Yeah.

Oh no.

There it was.

THE geek who was going to make Pitch Perfect his farewell.

“I found him!” Jimin’s voice could be heard across all the class. Everyone turned to the boy who was now standing on his chair, pointing at the boy, who was quite surprised with the development of the situation.

“I know I know, you found THE hot geek.” Jungkook answered him, until he realised those were the first words that his soul mate had heard him say. He shut his mouth with his hands and all his face turned red.

“That explains so much…” The gotg fan was laughing. He tried to make sense out of the lines that were on his right arm, but no matter how much he tried ‘I know I know, you found the hot geek’ was quite a weird thing to say as an ice breaker.

“Hey! I am the one that has a Guardians of the Galaxy quote tattooed on my arm!” Jungkook tried to accuse him. Everyone on the class gasped. Everything made sense suddenly. There were going to be thousand of rumours about them the next day; that was for sure.

The teacher silenced the class. “Now now. Please, stop all the drama. But at least finish introducing yourselves. You haven’t said your name.”

“Taehyung, that’s what I’m called.” The boy flashed a smile to his classmates as an apology for all the time he made them lose.

“And now, your turn.” The teacher pointed at Jungkook, waiting for his introduction. Taehyung was very curious about this. How was his now soul mate going to introduce himself? What kind of person he was?

“I’m Jungkook. ‘You actually got it? I was just kidding about the leg, I just thought it’d be funny!’”