5. Lamborghini

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

chapter five; lamborghini.

 

"Well, damn. I wasn't expecting you to show up at all."

Seulgi walked towards Mino while doing the best uninterested impression she could manage. That proved to be hard when he was watching her so intently and her legs were slightly trembling from the adrenaline still going through her body. She had never disrespected a family member like that before.

"I just did something horrible, so this better be worth it." She looked back towards the elevators, as if her aunt would show up in the lobby at any moment.

"What, did you kill someone?" Mino was leaning back on the end of the reception's counter, dismissing the commotion going around the lobby.

"Not really-"

"Then we're good. Let's go!" He his heels and walked off, urging her to follow him by a snap of his fingers.

"Go where? Hey!" Mino was already far ahead, walking into the hotel's dining room, which was located on the same floor they were on. Much to her annoyance, Seulgi quickly followed him, curious to what he was planning.

Perhaps he wanted to dine? She did remember him mentioning being hungry.

However, he just kept going on, walking past the tables and fully ignoring his surroundings. Seulgi wasn't even sure if he cared whether she was following him or not. He stopped by a double door by the very end of the room, where employees and waiters were walking in and out.

Mino finally turned around, giving her a cheeky look, as if he knew she had been behind him this whole time, and moved his hands in fake impatience for her to hurry up and catch up to him.

Seulgi, who was still at the very centre of the grand dining room, purposely walked slowly, subtly swaying her hips and smiling towards the well dressed guests of the hotel watching her. When she reached Mino, his eyebrows were slightly raised and his mouth agape with awe.

"Didn't know you had a sense of humor." The signature grin of his was back, and his eyes glittered with malice.

"Oh...were you watching that?" Seulgi faked oblivion as she half grinned back at him. Two could play this game.

Mino huffed a laugh and said nothing while opening the doors. "Ladies first."

She furrowed her eyebrows in clear confusion but walked past the doors nonetheless, with him following closely. The lighting of the place they had walked into was considerably darker, while the sound of clattering plates became more evident.

"Where are we?" Instead of receiving an answer, Seulgi felt Mino reach for her hand and, in a non gentle fashion, dragged her further inside the room. He was holding her hand warily, as if avoiding to touch her more than necessary. The thought bothered Seulgi for some reason.

Suddenly they reached a small corridor where she could spot a waiter fixing his bowtie, and by the end of it, a much brighter environment all together with uncountable employees working around. The kitchen.

Seulgi felt her eyes widen as she clutched his hand firmly and leaned in, her chin almost resting on his shoulder. "Are we allowed to be in here?"

As the place was getting narrower due the equipments and the employees working, Mino let go of her hand and gently dragged her forward to stand in front of him, and guided her to keep going by placing his hand on her waist.

"You'll understand in a bit." She heard him say as a few waiters and cooks acknowledged their presence by greeting him with enthusiasm. Mostly everyone seemed to recognize Mino, so he had probably done this before, Seulgi thought.

An old waiter handed Seulgi a small pastry from his tray, making her politely smile at his kindness. The subtle touch of Mino's hand on her waist seemed to keep her on track as she kept going forward.

"It almost feels like we're in that one Scorsese movie, uh?" He said while distractedly sliding his fingers back and forth on the silk of her dress.

His words seemed to get lost in the middle of the noise going around the kitchen, as Seulgi could only concentrate on the awakening shiver his touch was causing her.

 

Goodfellas, dir. Martin Scorsese

 

They finally reached another door, which leaded to an open area with a few cars parked in, probably from the employees. One in particular caught Seulgi's attention in a blink, and once she realized Mino was walking towards it, she felt open in astonishment. It was a white Lamborghini.

"With the intuition to not attract too much unnecessary fuss, the hotel manager requests that we park these little things here, so we can leave safely." Mino explained in a monotone tone.

"What...What is this?" Seulgi heard herself thinking out loud.

"It's a car, silly head." She wanted to smack the grin off his face.

"I can perfectly see that. Is it yours?" She couldn't believe a rookie idol could easily afford something like that, not even the ones from the ever so ostentatious YG Entertainment.

"Why? Would you start treating me better if I owned it?" He teasingly raised an eyebrow before smirking at her frustration in not receiving a single concrete answer so far. "But no, it's not mine. It's from Jiyong hyung."

"Huh?" She squealed in shock before refraining herself. "As in...Big Bang's G-Dragon?"

"Does it look like I know any other- Ouch!" He stumbled away as she hit him with her handbag.

"Enough with the sarcastic remarks, please?" She tugged a loose lock of her hair behind her ear and sighed in annoyance. "What are you doing with G-Dragon's car?"

"I borrowed it." Mino shrugged his shoulders as if his statement had been something obvious.

"You borrowed it?" Seulgi asked with a incredulous expression. "Just like that? Does he really trust you that much?"

"Well..." Mino mused for a moment as he took the car keys from his blazer's pocket. "He never said he would trust me with his life, but he does trust me with his sports car. Close enough, right?" He shot her a wink as he opened the scissor door of the vehicle, smoothly rotating it vertically.

"Isn't it...going to attract far too much attention? We both know we can't afford a dating scandal right now, especially involving each other."

"Oh, right..." Mino paused and seemed to contemplate her words before dismissing them completely. "Good thing we're not dating, uh?"

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "Sure. But whoever see us together won't exactly get the picture." Soon enough, she started to babble on and Mino felt himself leaning on the Lamborghini's hood and crossed his arms, nodding his head occasionally while pretending to hear her incomprehensible words.

Until it reached the point where he lost his patience.

"Seulgi! Shut up!" His voice echoed around the area and Seulgi was left with a dumbstruck expression. The tension between the two was so thick one could almost cut it with a knife.

It was the first time he had called her by the name.

"Did...Did you just tell me to shut up?" She lifted one finger at him and looked murderous, as if she had just jumped out from a Hitchcock movie.

"Oh, God. This could take all night." In quick actions, Mino took her handbag and got inside the car, immediately turning it on. Seulgi, once again, was left hanging as she could only watch him.

"Hey! You-" She grunted in anger at her loss of words. "Give me back my purse!" Her voice was getting high pitched.

"Sure!" Mino loudly said from inside the car. "Come and get it!"

"I'm not going anywhere with you!"

In response, Mino only teasingly swirled her handbag in his hand, looking at it strangely after hearing an odd sound.

"Oh, look at this!" He exclaimed loud enough so she could hear him, while he looked inside her handbag. "You even got me the snacks I asked you to. What a sweetheart!" Lifting her greasy phone with two fingers, he winced at the mess. "I guess it wasn't such a bright idea to leave your phone, though."

Seulgi gasped at the sight. "Oh my- See? It's all your fault!" She abruptly stomped her feet on the ground like a child.

"Now it's my fault you stuffed your purse with breadsticks and got your phone dirty?" He could only laugh at the way her lips were pouting.

"Yes! You're like a cursed black cat always giving me bad luck and making me do stupid things!"

Mino only rolled his eyes and kept laughing at how she probably looked like a mad woman screaming at a sports car.

"Alright, that's enough. Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter