3. Flowers

Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

chapter three; flowers.

 

"Kang Seulgi?"

"Yes?" Seulgi hastily turned away from the mirror as she heard her name being called. Red Velvet's dressing room was awash with people making sure everything was prepared for their comeback stage.

"These are for you." The hairdresser handed her a bouquet, a gathering of many flowers tied with a yellow ribbon. Seulgi could spot tulips, daisies, and long stemmed lavender roses. "The deliveryman just stopped by and left no messages."

"Are you sure this is for me?" She was astonished by how heavy the bouquet was.

"Yes, there's a card with your name in it."

The beautiful flowers were already attracting attention around the room. Red Velvet had received a few gifts from other SM groups, congratulating them for their new single, but no member had received anything in particular.

Some Makeup artists quietly whispered between each other and Joy approached Seulgi with a beaming smile.

"Unnie! Is this for you? It's so pretty!" Joy squealed in excitement as she looked around the bouquet, searching for something. "Who sent it?"

"I have no idea." Seulgi politely requested for a vase of water, so she could place the bouquet in it. "I don't really have anyone in mind, It's so weird."

"Hmm." Joy hummed as she took the card hidden by the flowers. "It only says your name in it, nothing else...Oh, wait! There's something here!" Joy was known for being a bit loud when she was feeling either nervous or excited about something, but her voice still seemed to get more high pitched by the second Wendy and Irene joined them.

"What's this fuss about?" Wendy said while fixing her earphone. "Why are you two not ready? We're meant to be on our way to the stage in a few minutes."

"Can't you see we're in the middle of something here? Seulgi has a secret admirer!" Seulgi placed her hand on Joy's mouth, silencing the maknae as they were already receiving curious stares.

"Hush, Joy! We don't want to cause a scene over this silly thing."

"This silly thing seems to weight more than your head, though. That's a lot of flowers." Wendy said while grinning at Seulgi's flushed face. "Whoever sent you this has a few important contacts, as well. You can't make someone bring flowers inside a television studio just like that."

"Can I, pretty please, resume to what I was going to say?" Joy playfully bumped her hips into Wendy. "Thank you. It says in here..." Joy bit her lower lip and tried to contain her smile. "Oh, gosh! I can't read it! Do it, Irene!"

Seulgi sighed impatiently. "Why can't I just do it myself-"

"Dear Seulgi," Irene began, making Wendy and Joy shush Seulgi as they listened to it even more carefully than the latter. "I wish we could have known each other better, but you gave me not much of a chance in that morning. Please, stop being so stubborn and bitc- Oh my God!"

"What?" Wendy took the card from Irene and read it in a silent voice, breaking into a fit of laughter as Joy tried to read it as well.

"Wait, what does it say?" Seulgi took the card from Joy. She skimmed through the few lines and felt her face flush once again, but for different reasons than before. She could almost see flashback images from the morning of a few weeks ago in Mr. Jung's coffee shop.

 

Dear Seulgi,

I wish we could have known each other better, but you gave me not much of a chance in that morning.

Please, stop being so stubborn and y impolite to strangers.

You're an idol now, right? Better keep your image as clean as a whistle. (Wish I could say the same for myself...)

Just kidding!!!

Accept these flowers as an apology and a chance for us to start things over, you fox eyed brat beauty.

P.S. I really like the new song, but S.E.S's original version is better. No harsh feelings, right?

P.S.S. You look y in the music video though, keep it up!

P.S.S.S. Now that I discovered your name, you have to find out mine! I'll be waiting for my bouquet!

Also, once you do find out who I am, support my group and buy our debut album! Thanks! Love ya!

 

In the corner of the card, it had what seemed to be a drawing of Seulgi with fox ears.

"He basically called you a vixen!" Wendy had yet to stop laughing as Irene looked at her with disapproval.

"Maybe it's just an inside joke between old friends, isn't it Seulgi?" Irene, always looking for the bright side of every situation, looked at Seulgi with a pitiful expression.

"He's not my friend...I don't even know the idiot's name." Seulgi murmured in anger as she clutched the card in her hand, unwillingly messing it.

"But you do know him, then? Who-"

"Five minutes, girls! Get ready!" They heard one of the producers of the show yell as he passed by their door.

"We're going!" Irene was the first to take lead and quickly walked towards the door as the other followed. Seulgi was left behind, taking the bouquet away from the vase and putting it in the trash can before leaving the room. She was sure she heard the hairdressers wince at the scene.

As they prepared themselves to walk into the stage, Irene pulled Seulgi away for a moment.

"Don't let trivial things get to you. We'll talk about this later, alright?" Irene whispered as she held Seulgi's hand in concern.

"Don't worry about it." Seulgi rolled her eyes but squeezed her friend's hand nonetheless.

As if she would lose a single minute of her day by worrying over some nugu who probably didn't have a group and much less a debut album to call his own.

 

 

Mino was having quite a pleasant night.

It had been a while since he had time to catch up with a few old friends for a drink before hitting some new pretentious club. He had truly missed doing that.

After WINNER's successful debut, they had been given a "break". It wasn't exactly worded like that, but it's not like they had much to do at the moment. Their album had done better than expected, plus the Music Show wins had been a pleasant plus. Passing by the YG building then going for a night out couldn't hurt, it would be just for a few days.

Mino himself never considered himself on a break. Every time an urge of inspiration hit him, he would just write it out. Spending whole nights awake, just for the sake of writing lyrics, was nothing new to him. Not to mention that the filming for Epik High's Born Hater music video, which he featured in, would be next week.

He couldn't complain though, having a busy schedule wasn't exactly bothersome. After working nonstop to be in the position where he was, complaining about it certainly didn't feel right to him.

The girl next to him, which he couldn't remember her name no matter how hard he tried, was wearing a black cocktail dress which accentuated her curves perfectly, and yet, all he could pay attention was at the shape of her eyes.

It was truly odd, Mino never considered himself a perfectionist when it came to a girl's physical traits, especially those he didn't plan on keeping contact after a night out, but something about her eyes was truly unappealing to him.

The girl, finally realizing the way he had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter