There He Stood

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

AJ and I were discussing our homework for Physics. He and Henry argued just minutes ago because they have very different methods in solving the problem. Both were correct, but AJ insisted that Henry’s method would give different answers in certain circumstances.

 

I have no idea what they’re talking about, to be honest.

 

“Hmpf! I’ll show you.” AJ said.

“Fine. Show me then!” Henry argued.

“That’s what I just said!”

“Loser!”

“China!”

 

Simultaneously, the two turned their backs against each other and crossed their arms. I rolled my eyes. “Guys, you’re fighting like kids.”

They didn’t say anything. Tell me again how I’m the hoobae (junior) around here.

 

AJ walked off. Henry stayed in his seat. I stood up and walked after AJ.

“Hey, where are you going?”

“To fetch your friend.”

 

Henry puffed his cheeks. He’s so cute when he’s angry. No, wait. He’s cute all the time!

 

I scanned the crowd for AJ. Ah, there he is! I skipped merrily towards my friend… But something made me slow down and wipe the smile off my face.

 

There, I saw a figure beside AJ. His blonde hair and angelic face was all too familiar. He was smiling sweetly at his friend. He didn’t change. He was still skinny and feminine in physique. His facial features were now more defined. He looked absolutely handsome.

 

I stood still. My breathing got heavy as my heart began to pound harder. Cold sweat dripped down my face. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

 

Aniya, he’s not real. He can’t be. He shouldn’t be.

 

“You…” He said. Even though his voice was angelic, it burnt my heart.

He didn’t move an inch. He just simply showed me his smile. It was the smile that I loved so much.

 

“Really? It’s weird…”

“Huh?”

“We have the same surname – Woo!”

 

“Woo…” I muttered.

 

I didn’t waste any time. I bolted out of the scene and ran. I ran and I ran. I didn’t know where I was going. I just don’t want to see his face again. I already suffered enough thanks to him.

Enough is enough.

 

“Kimi-ah! Kimi-ah!” I heard Henry calling me out. I looked up and saw him approaching me quickly.

He sat down in front of me and gently ran his hand through my hair. He let out a loud sigh. I didn’t want to make him worry. I just couldn’t help myself.

 

Please let this be a bad dream. Please…

 

“What happened back there? Who was that?” He asked me.

I wiped my tears with the sleeves of my sweater. Henry pulled out his handkerchief and gave it to me. I sniffed, took it from his hand, and used it to wipe my tears.

 

“That guy… He did this to me…” I managed to say.

“Huh?”

I slammed my fist on the pavement. “Why did he even walk in my life!”

“I don’t understand. What did he do?”

 

I sighed. “It started four years ago…”

 

-----

The fun is just starting! Stay tuned ~

xoxo, jennyisbeef