Across the Hall

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

It’s been two weeks since my first day in GUI. I grew close to Henry, but of course, we didn’t hang out that often. He introduced me to his friends a few days ago. They formed a dance group called Super Junior-M.

Okay there’s Sungmin, Ryeowook, Donghae, Siwon, Zhou Mi, Kyuyhun, and ummm…

 

“Eunhyuk! Why do you always forget my name?” He said. I just chuckled.

“It’s your fault for introducing yourself as Hyuk Jae.” I replied. He just gave me this expression.

“Aish! One day, you will refer to me by my stage name.”

“As if.” I scoffed jokingly.

 

I shook my head and walked off. I headed towards the English studies building, where I promised to meet AJ. Oh, AJ is one of the smart asses in the engineering building and also my block mate. I don’t understand why on earth was he rejected to Harvard. Our professor told the class that his IQ is 150!

 

I can’t stop thinking about what Henry asked me during the first day.

“I don’t know his name but I saw that his surname was also ‘Woo’.”

 

I suddenly snapped out of my thought when I felt something hit me. Someone brushed their shoulder against my body and made me stumble backwards. I turned around and scanned the crowd for that rude bastard. I didn’t see much – just a black leather jacket sleeve.

 

“Rude!” I yelled at the crowd. No one responded.

I sighed.

 

“What happened to you?” I heard AJ’s voice ask me from behind. I turned around and saw my alligator-eyed friend looking at me.

“Ah, nothing. Someone just bumped into me.”

“Must be him.”

“Huh?”

“Oh, a friend of mine who’s taking up Business Administration. He left in a hurry when he saw someone in the crowd.”

Why is my heart suddenly pounding?

“Ah, anyway! Do you mind eating out with me?”

“Umm…”

 

AJ lead the way and I trailed behind me. Thoughts of, well – him –  started entering my mind. His fake smiles. His white lies. His angelic eyes. The way he sang love songs for me when I’m upset. The way he did aegyos to cheer me on when I’m struggling with school.

 

Ugh…

Some things aren’t always what they seem. And he was one of them.

 

“That damn Kevin Woo…” I cursed under my breath.