Garoso-gil

Better Than Revenge [HIATUS]

 

Kevin was taking his usual afternoon walk in Garoso-gil. He loved how the afternoon sun filled the streets with warmth and an orange glow. He passed by designer clothing shops, SM Entertainment’s headquarters, and restaurants.

Instead of taking his usual route, he decided to take a turn at an unfamiliar corner. The buildings in this area weren’t as modern as the ones along Main Street. He then realized why he never took this route. It was where Kimi’s favorite smoothie store was located.

 

Kevin stopped in front of the shop. It was a smoothie store called “Nature’s Juice”.

 

“Oppa, doesn’t this taste nice?”

Kevin coughed and choked on the stuff he drank out of the jar. “It tastes like anchovies.”

He scraped his tongue in desperation to get the taste out. “Seriously, Miho-ah. You have weird taste.”

“Whatever Kev. I like it.”

 

“I like you.” Kevin said like he was continuing his flashback. He smiled to himself.

 

“Huh? Who do you like?” Someone said from behind.

He turned around and saw Kimi standing behind him. She was dressed elegantly like wealthy young woman she was. Kevin looked at her from head to toe, feeling a sense of disappointment at how much his ex-girlfriend changed.

“Oh it was nothing. I said I like the carrot-strawberry smoothie.” Kevin replied.

“Really? That sounds totally gross.” Kimi replied. Kevin’s eyes fell to the ground.

 

*Are you sure? It was your all-time favorite.*

 

“You don’t like health smoothies.”

“Heck no! I don’t like how they taste.”

Kevin’s eyes were glued to her face. Her head was turned to the side, facing the quiet street. The wind caressed her long, brown hair. His heart began racing at the sight of her beautiful face. She had a sharp V-line.

Kevin noticed something between her jaw and ear. He squinted and saw a raised scar.

 

“What happened to that?” He asked.

“Huh?” Kimi turned her head to face him. She covered the area with the scar with her hand.

 

Her eyes were filled with fear. She didn’t want to tell him that he got plastic surgery after the accident. It would be nice to fill her ex-boyfriend with guilt, but not at a time like this. She was still waiting to get his heart in order to shatter it into a million pieces.

 

“Your eye is red.” Kevin lied.

“Oh I thought – Yeah never mind.”

Kevin raised one brow. “Hmm?”

Her phone began ringing. “Ah, I have to go. Bye Kevin!”

 

He wasn’t able to reply to her because she dashed off very quickly. His mind was filled with curiosity.

 

*Why do you suddenly hate all the things that you once loved? Carrot-strawberry? Don’t fool me, Miho Woo. That was your all-time favorite.*

 

Kevin began walking back to his condo by retracing his steps back to Main Street.

 

Meanwhile, Kai, Chen, and Baekhyun were accompanying Henry to a hospital. They were visiting their friend D.O., who got into an accident in the college laboratory a few days ago. It wasn’t anything serious but he was still hurt.

 

When the four entered the room, AJ, Eli, Soohyun, Suho, and Xiumin were talking to D.O. They exchanged greetings, stayed for a while, and the first set decided to make their way out. Henry grabbed AJ’s arm before he was able to leave the room.

“I found out something.” Henry whispered in AJ’s ear. His eyes widened.

“You mean…”

=============

Hey there! Sorry I wasn't able to update in a looooong time! :( I had a public speaking contest to prepare for (I lost, unfortunately. Huhu)

Xoxo, jennyisbeef