Londoners

Power of nothing

 

 

 

 

The rain is pouring down over London as Himchan and Yongguk steps out of the cab. The hotel they are staying at is small but cozy, nothing special but then again they don't need anything special. They rush up the stairs and into the small lobby and Himchan almost slips on the wet pavement.

"What's wrong with this kid today" He mutters and glares up at the clouds. "Just because I made the clouds really thick doesn't mean he have to let all the rain down over one city."

Yongguk answers with a shrug and shake of some of the water as they get into the lobby.  It’s modern but plain, like most hotel lobbies and a lobbyist with red lipstick and a charming, professional smile is situated behind a desk to their left.

"Hello how may I help you today?" She asks with a low, melodious voice.

"We have booked a room for two" Yongguk answer and manages to find the correct papers in his bag. "My name is Bang Yongguk." The lobbyist nods and turns to her computer.

"Ah yes, you have booked a room for 3 days." she says and open a drawer under the left. She take out two cards with the number "24" on them and flashes Yongguk another smile "Room service is open 24/7 and the breakfast is served between 7 and 10"

"Thank you" Yongguk says before walking towards the elevator.

"I suggest that we get some sleep and hope that the weather will let up before we go searching for the others." Yongguk starts as the elevator door closes behind them “We have three days to find them after all” Himchan snorts.

"It won't stop raining anytime soon" He mutters and Yongguk quirks an eyebrow at him. Himchan roll his eyes and mutters something that Yongguk doesn’t hear. He doesn’t bother asking Himchan to repeat himself. The elevator door opens with a ping and they step out before making their way down the hall and to their room. Yongguk struggles with the key for a moment before he manages to open the door and they both tumble into the room.

"Oh" Yongguk says dumbly as he stares in front of him.

At the bedroom with only one bed. It’s double but still.

"Shouldn't you have thought about this when you booked the room?" Comes Himchan's sarcastic but slightly amused voice from behind him and Yongguk blushes as he turns around.

"I didn't actually book the room myself" He mumbles and shifts his stance. "But I can fix this, we can go down and try to book a second room if you want to."

"It's fine" Himchan assures with a smile. "We had only booked this room for three days right? It's also a double bed so it's not like it isn't large enough for the both of us" He continues and Youngguk can't find it in him to tell Himchan that he kicks in his sleep.

"Yea sure, sounds good" He mumbles instead and puts down his luggage to go and search for a towel to dry himself with.

 

Daehyun is running. The adrenaline is pumping through his body as he rushes down the street, speeding past shops and cafés. His eyesight is slightly limited by the rain pouring down but thankfully there are few people on the sidewalk so he doesn't bump in to anyone. Most Londoners stay inside in this kind of weather but Daehyun isn't a Londoner. And he refuses to stay inside. The rain excites him and makes his thoughts sing. The energy around him is familiar and he can feel it getting stronger for every step.

And he feels alive.

So incredibly alive, more alive than he's felt for centuries. He smile and his step quickens until they come to a stop.

Trafalgar square.

It's almost empty. A few people hurries in their direction and a pair of tourists are taking pictures as if they are rebelling against the weather. The National gallery, the two fountains and Nelson's column are all to Daehyun's left and he takes in the view while breathing heavily and a smile stretches across his lips. He can feel that the person he’s searching for is close and he walks closer to the column, standing so that he is on the left side of it. At the second step of the base there's a figure with an umbrella leaning against the large column. The figure is turned so that it's looking out over the National Gallery and the rest of the square and it seems to be taking pictures of the scenery.

Daehyun walks towards the column and ignores the tourists who send him strange looks and the girls that just came from the National Gallery who giggles and gazes up and down his drenched form. He climbs up the first base platform and almost slips when he tries to get to the second one but manages to stable himself in time. The figure doesn't seem to notice Daehyun and he moves closer until he’s standing next to the person. Daehyun takes the time to drink in its appearance.

It's a male, short with slightly chubby cheeks. He looks like an university student with an interest in photography because his clothes are trendy but cheap looking and he got a huge camera dangling around his neck. He is completely dry even though the umbrella isn't nearly enough to protect him from the rain and his eyes gaze out over the square with a thoughtful look. He fingers the camera like he’s just waiting for the correct moment in order to bring it to his eyes and snap a picture.

Daehyun grins.

"Serendipity" He says and the boy looks up with a frown.

"What?" He asks, taking in Daehyun's grinning and soaked form.

"Serendipity" Daehyun repeats. "It means finding something good without looking for it"

"I know what it means" The boy says, sounding annoyed. Daehyun keeps grinning and sit down. "Who are you?"

"I am an adventurer" Daehyun starts. "I am a dreamer, an inventor, a singer. I am the love of your life and your worst enemy" He stretch out his hand. "But you can call me Daehyun"

The guy raises an eyebrow but take Daehyun's hand anyway.

"I'm Youngjae, do you say that to everyone you meet?"

"Yupp" Daehyun answers with an even larger grin than before and Youngjae rolls his eyes. "I think everyone should give a real introduction instead of just their name. Things get more fun that way."

Youngjae laughs at this and Daehyun is momently dumbstruck by the sound. He watches the apples of Youngjae's cheeks and how his eyes glitter and a funny feeling settle in his stomach. Daehyun has never been one of denial and he's not going to start with it now. Youngjae is perfect. He's gorgeous, laughs at Daehyun's lameness, his voice is beautiful and the best thing of it all is that they are the same.

Too Daehyun it doesn’t matter that they just met a minute ago. For him time doesn’t matter and technically he’s known about Youngjae’s existence for a longer time than most people’s relationships lasts.

"Well then Daehyun, I guess I have to introduce myself with a cooler intro then" Youngjae clears his throat and Daehyun smiles expectantly. "I'm a photographer, a loner, a searcher for things of beauty and a philosopher. I am the brother that gives small comforts, like a cup of tea or a blanket and I am the friend who's only making things worse when the days are dark." Youngjae turns back to look out of the square and Daehyun stares at his profile.

"That sounds slightly depressing" Daehyun says after a while and Youngjae smiles.

"It is" He agrees and looks down at his watch. "But only slightly. I have to go now. Goodbye"

Youngjae stand up and Daehyun blinks at the abrupt change.

"Wait!" He says and struggles to rise but it's like the rain suddenly is heavier and he grimaces as it pounds down on his back.

By the time he has managed to rise Youngjae is already gone and Daehyun is alone in the rain.

Not fair.

Daehyun looks all around him but there isn't a trace of the other. Still he can feel it. The thrumming energy in the air is still present and Daehyun grins as he closes his eyes and let it wash over him. It's hard to locate where it gets stronger but the rain helps and he opens his eyes and makes his way down to the ground.

"I will find you again Youngjae, don't you worry" He whispers out in the rain, completely sure that the other can hear him.

 

Yongguk wakes up feeling weird. Normally he's always warm, a slow burn surging through his warmth but this time it’s different. He's still warm but it's like he's wrapped in a slightly colder air bubble. The sheets feel incredibly soft and Yongguk's own skin feels slightly damp. It's not necessary an uncomfortable feeling but it's unusual and Yongguk open one bleary eye.

He's met with a mop of brown hair right in front of his eyes.

For a second he just stare at it, trying to comprehend the situation when he does he slowly raises his head from the pillow. Obviously he’s not the only one that moves in his sleep because he and Himchan is so tangled together that he can’t possibly be the only cause of it. He can feel the heat rising on his skin and feel a tingle of relief that the other male hasn’t woken up yet. Slowly he untangles himself from Himchan and tries to make sure the other doesn’t wake up.

He fails.

Himchan stirs in his sleep and Yongguk quickly creates some distance between them before the other is fully awake. Himchan blinks his eyes open and looks around the room with slight confusion until his eyes met Yongguk and everything seems to click.

Yongguk swallows as Himchan smiles.

“Morning” Himchan mumbles and Yongguk answers his smile with one of his own. “What time is it?”

Yongguk glances at the clock on the wall and frowns.

“5 p.m. We slept for slightly longer than planned” He mumbles and Himchan makes a noise of agreement.

“We’ll just have to go and find them tomorrow. Shouldn’t be that hard, especially the rain guy. I can feel his presence from here” Himchan says as he sits up and Yongguk nods absentmindedly. “We could just go out and eat, see some of London” Himchan suggests and Yongguk raises an eyebrow.

“In this weather?” He asks in disbelief and Himchan grins.

“As I said, it’s not gonna let up any time soon and I want to see London. Are you scared of water Mr. Sunshine?” He asks and Yongguk blushes.

“No” He mumbles and Himchan quickly gets out of bed.

“Good! Then let’s get dressed so we can go!” He says and disappears into the bathroom.

“I am already dressed, why would I need to change. It’s not like we’re going on a date” Yogguk says but Himchan has already closed the door to the bathroom and probably can’t hear him.

 

“Youngjae!” Daehyun says and grabs the other boys arm. Youngjae doesn’t look the least surprised (or especially happy) over seeing him again so soon and simply raises an eyebrow.

“Well hello again” He says. “Do you want something?”

“I want a lot of things” Daehyun answers easily with a warm smile. “But right now I want dinner and you look like a good dinner partner.”

Youngjae gives him a skeptical look.

“I don’t go to dates with stalkers” He says and tries to pry Daehyun’s hand off him but Daehyun doesn’t let go.

“I’m not a stalker” He says, pretending to be offended. “I gave you my full introduction and it said nothing about being a stalker!” His eyes soften and he gives Youngjae his best puppy eyes. “Come on! Please go out with me, just this one time? I really just want to talk, it’s the first time we meet for real after all and for me it’s the first time actually meeting someone like me”

Youngjae still looks slightly unconvinced. He bites his lips and stares at the ground.

“I don’t know…” He starts and Daehyun racks his brain over something to say but he comes up with nothing. Instead he decides to convince (and maybe impress) Youngjae in another way.

"Look" He whispers and stares at Youngjae as he glances up at the sky. At first it looks like he can’t see it.

Then his eyes widen as he understands.

"You made it snow" Youngjae says, frowning.

"Yea" Daehyun answer with a smile.

"In November" The other deadpans and Daehyun throw his head back in laughter.

"It's better than rain isn't it?" He says, wiggling his eyebrows as confusion erupts around them and the first flakes hit the ground.

"Definitely not" Youngjae answers and he actually smiles this time. "And he won't be happy" He says and nods towards the clouds.

Daehyun doesn't have to ask who he is. He has had long conversations about where and when it's appropriate for it to snow with him. Without ever seeing him or talking to him.

"He is never happy" Daehyun says with a wiggle of his eyebrows and the other snorts.

"I'm starting to see why" He says, fiddling with his camera like he wants to take a picture. “But I think you should be more careful about what you do when he’s so close.”

Daehyun simply shrugs.

“I said that I’m an adventurer” He says and smiles. “Come on Youngjae, just one date. What’s the worst that could happen?”

Youngjae seems more like he’s going to say yes this time because he smiles shyly at Daehyun. He’s just about to say something when he casts a glance behind him and his eyes turn wide.

"I do not appreciate that you're using my clouds for flirting." An ice cold voice says behind Daehyun and he quickly spins around. He is met with the angry look of a very handsome male. Behind him stands another male with a gummy smile and a weird aura of warmth that Daehyun doesn't recognize but still somehow seems familiar.

The angry male Daehyun fully recognizes thought. Even though they have never met his aura and words make it impossible to mistake him. Daehyun gulps and bring up the hand not holding on to Youngjae to the back of his hair.

“Oh. Hello Mr. Cloudman” He says and the male’s eyes widen in anger. Behind him Daehyun can hear Youngjae let out a sigh and the snow turns back to rain.

A/N: Guys I just realised today that I have been spelling Yongukk's name wrong in all my fanfics and now I had to correct it everywhere like asknringjfvb! So annoying!! *extreamly whining noice* Oh well, anyway- here is the first real chapter! ^^ Hope you enjoyed and please leave a comment- I really appriciate it :3. And also- what's your "real" (Daehyun) introduction? ;) And don't worry we'll have a "real" introduction of all the members ^^. (And a real, real introduction but that will come later.)

Also you know when I said that I was going to have a schedule for when I posts chapters to this fic? Yea that's probably not going to happend -.- sorry 3