Promise

Promise me, you'll tell him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Promise

"All I need is you."

2013, Freshman Year, High School

 

"Baby don't cry~"

Jinae looked at Sehun in disgust as he tried to sing. Then she shuddered when he looked at her hopefully. His face instantly fell and he began to swear.

"I swear Jinae, I'll prove to you that I have talent!" He declared as he pounded his chest with a fist. "And I'll sing for you~ Only you~" His voice cracked as he failed to sing, again.

Jinae finally cracked a smile which warmed Sehun's heart. Out of the two siblings, Sehun was the one that always tried to cheer up the other. Jinae was the kind of sibling that would rather be left out then be noticed. Even if they didn't look like siblings, they were the same.

Their difficulty to express emotions, their insecurities, their smile, and a lot more. Their personalities were similar but not quite the same. But they felt very connected. If you hurt one, the other would feel the pain too. They suffered together.

When it came to meeting new people, Sehun was more cautious about people than Jinae, he investigated people before he actually got close to them. Jinae on the other hand refused to meet new people, she shoved them away harshly and refused to talk to anyone.

If they had to do a group project with someone in school, Sehun would only meet with the person in the school library, no where else. He would only talk about the project never about anything else. If you ever asked him a question like What do you think about this book? he would never answer you. Jinae on the other hand wouldn't do anything. Since her partner would be utterly terrified of her, he or she usually completed it perfectly in order to get an A+. No one wanted to be beaten up by her for not recieving a perfect grade. But then again she'll kill you if you dont do what she wants.

Now thats just mean right? It seems like shes using them to get perfect grades. That explains why all of them find all the books they need neatly placed on a table reserved for them in the library, with a note saying which pages and information they'll need.

 

"Why the hell woun't you do anything useful for once?!"

A slap echoed in the empty room as YuRi glared at the girl who was close to tears.

"Next time do it correctly,"she snapped as she shoved the girl to the floor. "You wanted to be an actor right Hani? So act. You pitiful b*tch."

Hani bit her lip. She wouldn't let YuRi see her cry. Not again. Even if they were related by their parents, they'd never be related by love. YuRi always treated her as if she were useless and always used her to do things she could do herself. Like this. To find out Jinae's weakness again. 

Hani didn't like it at all. She actually liked Jinae even if she came off as a cold person. She wanted to get to know her more but unfortunately, she couldn't because YuRi wouldn't let her.

She had to obey YuRi or else she'd reveal what her mother used to do for a living. Hani's mother had been poor and in debt. Her mothers sister, YuRi's mother simply abandoned her. So then she had to get by somehow, even if she wasn't fully educated. Hani's mother used to sell herself before she met her husband, Hani's father.

And YuRi had proof.

Hani couldn't let YuRi ruin her mothers life.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter