The Beginning

Promise me, you'll tell him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1; The Beginning

"Never push a loyal person over the limit to the point where they no longer care."

Year 2012: Middle School, final year.

Ryu Jinae stared at the yard as her fellow classmates either sat down to talk or chased each other shouting, their laughter ringing in her ears. She would have gone to hang with her friends too, if it weren't for what was happening today, right in front of her eyes. There was her best friend who was talking to the person she loved, Choi Junhong. She could feel tears start to form in her eyes, but she refused to let her eyes turn glossy. She looked down at her oversized sweater, her ripped loose jeans, her dirty and old converse, and long messy hair that fell on her shoulder. She slightly looked up and looked at her best friends' princess like dress and pink flats, along with beautiful long brown hair falling beautifully across her shoulders.

Jinae was a beauty but if you were to glance at her for a second and look at her in disgust for being so dirty then you'd probably think she's just another ugly duckling. But Ryu Jinae was a beautiful girl, you just needed to be able to see it. The way her eyes would turn into crescent moons when she laughed, the way she would turn pink when you were to compliment her, the way her eyes sparkled when she was amused. Everything about her was lovely, and that was probably why everyone wanted to ruin her life. Mostly all the girls in the opposite class.

She didn't know how she was able to become friends with one of the most popular girls in school, Song YuRi. It amazed her that YuRi was friendly towards her, since she was usually insulting every single person in school, calling them every horrible name she could think of. 

Her head snapped up when she heard a laugh. It was YuRi's. She searched with her eyes until she saw the figure of YuRi and Junhong. They were only a few feet away, but she couldn't see them clearly due to her bad vision. She sighed in frustration when she saw Junhong pull YuRi from her arm. Junhong would have never met YuRi properly if she hasn't introduced them. 

Jinae hated being loyal. She had only introduced them because YuRi had demanded her to introduce her to him. Yes, she knew it was stupid of her to do so but she was a loyal person. And she hated it.

And that was how she ended up where she was now. In a park, at midnight, all alone.

She didn't know why she was there, but it was comforting. To be all alone in the coldness. It felt... welcoming. It may have sounded creepy but Jinae couldn't feel the coldness. Her heart was already so numb it hurt. 

Perhaps tomorrow would be another day, and hopefully, a cheerful one.

Too bad she was wrong. Because that was the day that she was pushed over the limit. And that was when her world fell apart.

Her eyes widened as she stared in shock at her best friend, Song YuRi who was holding hands with Junhong. What was going on? Why was YuRi smirki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter