Chapter 5

Red Riding Hood

Kyungsoo continued down the path back towards the village, it was darker then usual with the clouds covering the moon, Kyungsoo could see no more then 12 feet in front of him. He picked up his speed wanting to arrive home as soon as possible.

Farther ahead large tree had fallen on to the path effectively blocking Kyungsoo's way. It was much too large to climb over and long enough Kyungsoo would have to leave the path to go around it. With this mornings previous indiscretion still on his mind, he was hesitant to leave the path. A uneasy feeling fell upon him, something was not right.

"You seem to be in a very awkward situation" Kyungsoo jumped turning to see the man Kai leaning on the fallen tree just off the path."I apologize I did not mean to frighten you" Kyungsoo pulled his cloak more tightly around himself "Kai, what, what are you doing here" 

Kai gestured into the forest "I was taking a stroll through the woods" Kyungsoo looked around, the errie feeling persisting "Why not take the path?" Kai stared out into the forest speaking quietly "Path's are for those who know were they are headed" The strange statement momentarily distracted Kyungsoo from his suspicions "Does the beast not worry you?"

Kai looked Kyungsoo in the eye "You belive in the beast? I am impressed most of the towns people are content to live in blissful denial" Kai sat on an branch stretching out from the trunk, perfectly casual in their dangerous surroundings.

"No the beast does not worry me, though he and I do not get along there is not much we can do about each other. So we have been forced into a stalemate" Kai's calm manner of speaking about the beast unnerved Kyungsoo; he made it sound like he knew the monster personally. The hairs on the back of his neck pricked up.

Despite what some of the townspeople may have thought Kyungsoo was not suicidal or in league with the devil. The beast scared him, more then any of them could know but he also had a strange fascination the beast; the source of which he could not identify. Kyungsoo's grandmother had warned him that speaking about the beast in the woods called to him, but his curiosity could not be contained.

"Have you seen the beast?" Kai looked shocked at the intensity with which Kyungsoo spoke, he was quite for a moment deciding how to answer "I have" Something was continuing to bother Kyungsoo and had been ever since he found the tree over the path, he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

He froze; a realization suddenly hitting him "It's too quite, there aren't any animals around" Kai nodded "Yes, they get like that when the beast in nearby, they fear him" Kyungsoo's blood ran cold "He is here?"

"Yes" Kai seemed confused by Kyungsoo's reaction "He has been for awhile. I thought you had noticed, you were less tense upon our last meeting" Kyungsoo was beginning to feel like a rat in a trap, his eyes were scanning the trees for signs of danger "Kai why are you so calm, he could kill us!" Kai laughed, distracting Kyungsoo from his fear and making him irrationally angry "Kyungsoo, the beast can not enter the path and you have a cloak the protects you from harm"

Kyungsoo was slightly calmed realizing that Kai was right there was no immediate reason to panic. His suspicion returned "How did you know my cloak is enchanted" Kai's eyes narrowed, while smiling mysteriously "I know a lot of things. One is how to recognize an enchanted object"

Kyungsoo knew that he was afraid of his current situation, and he knew that he needed to get somewhere safe, soon. What he did not know is if Kai's presence made him feel more or less safe.

 Kai turned his attention back to Kyungsoo "So, how do you plan on escaping from your current predicament?"

 

Hope you like it tell me what you think

please upvote comment and subscribe :)