Chapter 3

Red Riding Hood

 

Kyungsoo woke early in the morning so that no one would see him leave. He grabbed his cloak and hurried out into the snow. He did not bother to conceal his footsteps, snow was already beginning to fall and his trail would soon be covered.

 

He hurried into the trees before lowering his hood, the trees were dense over the path and kept most of the snow at bay. He always enjoyed walking through the trees, they instilled within him a sense of calm.

 

He happily followed the trail, looking through the trees and doing his best to ignore the feeling that he was being followed. His grandmother had warned him this feeling was nothing to fear because he was protected. But today he worried that he was being followed by someone different, someone that he was not protected from. He walked a little faster he needed to ask his grandmother about the town's newest visitor.

 

His mind continued to wander until he came to the meadow, that marked the halfway point. The meadow was a small circular clearing where no trees grew, that opened right next to the trail.

 

 

In spring the meadow was always fresh and green, with beautiful wild flowers growing throughout it. Kyungsoo loved to pick the flowers that grew along the path as a surprise for is grandmother, but when winter came the meadow was white, flawless and dead.

 

It was still beautiful, but looking at it reminded Kyungsoo so much of the meadow from his nightmare that he hated passing by. He always did his best not to look at it but this time something red caught his eye, like a splash of crimson on the pure white canvas. He approached the edge of the path to get a better look, it was a blood red rose lying in the middle of the meadow.

 

The rose was freshly cut and had yet to start wilting, it could only have been laid there moments ago, but Kyungsoo could see no one in the trees, and there were no prints in the snow.

 

Kyungsoo was overcome with an intense desire for the rose, there was nothing in the world he wanted more. Some were in the back of his mind he remembered his grandmother's warning Never stray from the path but it was drowned out by his desire.

 

The instant his foot left the path the very air around him changed, but he was to entranced by the rose to notice. He slowly approached the rose lying in the very center of the meadow, and gently lifted it from the ground. he saw that there was a black ribbon tied artfully around the stem.

 

He felt the smooth ribbon between his fingers, when a voice called out from the trees ahead. "You should not stray from the path"

 

Kyungsoo startled, the spell from the rose broken, as he looked up to see a attractive man leaning against a tree on the edge of the meadow in front of him.

 

He had not been there a moment ago, Kyungsoo returned to his senses suddenly realizing the mistake he had made, he was no longer protected by the safety of the path, he attempted to appear calm but could not prevent his hands from shaking.

 

Kyungsoo began to step back never letting his eyes stray from the mans face. The man did not seem very worried about Kyungsoo's apprehensive appearance. He looked Kyungsoo in the eyes and spoke with a quite confidence "I'm not going to hurt you"

 

Kyungsoo stopped moving his rational mind telling him the stranger was lying, but his heart sensed truth in his words. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and paused for a moment to look at the man.

 

He wore no shoes, standing barefoot in the snow and wore black leather trousers with a simple black cotton shirt. Despite his lack of layers he did not seem affected by the cold. He was tall and lean with dark brown hair and a handsome face. Despite his beauty the most intriguing thing about this strange man where his eyes.

 

They were a beautiful silver color that made it difficult for Kyungsoo to look away. The man did not seem at all distressed by the strange way Kyungsoo was staring at him, he merely gestured towards the rose in Kyungsoo's hand, and asked "Do you like it?"

 

Kyungsoo attempted to calm himself again, flustered by the hypnotic draw the man's eyes had over him. as long as the man remained where he was, Kyungsoo reasoned he was in no danger. "I...... am not opposed to roses" The man smiled for the first time, a beautiful expression that made his eyes sparkle. "They are a beautiful flower... it suits you".

 

Kyungsoo was becoming increasingly uncomfortable, but his curiosity got the best of him he wanted to continue speaking with this man despite the danger. "Did you see who may have left it?" The man ignored his question, and asked one of his own "Why did you leave the path, surely you have been warned about the dangers"

 

Kyungsoo bristled "I am a frequent traveler of this forest, I did not think entering this meadow would be too detrimental". The man raised his brow "You did not think entering a cursed meadow, would be dangerous" Kyungsoo became afraid again "I did not know this meadow was cursed"

 

The man softened seemingly sorry that he had scared Kyungsoo "I did not mean to frightan you it is merely a legend, from a long time ago" the man looked around the meadow momentarily sad before looking again towards Kyungsoo 'I live on the edge of the forest, I know quite a few legends"

 

"I am Kyungsoo, I am from the village north of here" Kyungsoo realized that the man now stood very close but he had no recollection of him moving. Looking into his eyes now Kyungsoo did not feel afraid. The man had very beautiful eyes, that made it hard for Kyungsoo to look away.

 

"Kyungsoo, That is a beautiful name" The man was now so close Kyungsoo could feel the heat of his breath. "And where are you going today Kyungsoo?"

 

Kyungsoo felt quite drunk so close to this man, like he might do something he shouldn't. "I am going to visit my grandmother, she lives at the edge of the forest"

 

Kyungsoo's face was beginning to feel quite warm, the man lifted his hand as if to touch Kyungsoo's cheek but he stopped his hand hovering next to Kyungsoo's face. He spoke softly but his words sounded almost musical "Remove your cloak Kyungsoo"

 

Kyungsoo slowly brought his hands to the tie at his neck, while the man firmly held his gaze. Never remove your cloak. Kyungsoo's hands stopped untying. "But it is very cold out"

 

The man spoke in his soft musical tone once more "It's not cold Kyungsoo" Kyungsoo immediately felt very warm, his body almost unbearably hot, he had to remove his cloak. He finished untying it and pushed the cloak off his shoulders, letting it fall to the ground.

 

The man brought his hand to Kyungsoo's face once again this time touching Kyungsoo's cheek. He put his other hand on the small of Kyungsoo's back pulling him close, their body's connected. Kyungsoo's hand were limp against the man's chest.

 

The man continued to stare into Kyungsoo's eyes and began to bring his face closer as if he were going to kiss Kyungsoo, before abruptly stopping and pulling his face away, Kyngsoo tried to bury the twinge of disappointment he felt.

 

The man pulled away from Kyungsoo seeming almost ashamed he quickly looked away to stare into the trees. The second he broke their gaze Kyungsoo felt the cold wind around him, he hurriedly picked up his cloak and tired it, but it was cold from lying in the snow.

 

Kyungsoo pulled his cloak tightly around his body and stared at the side of the man's face, he spoke softly shocked by everything that had just transpired "What did you do to me?"

 

The man spoke almost as if his was talking to himself "That was wrong, I should not have done that" he turned back to Kyungsoo who quickly looked down avoiding his gaze. The man spoke "You should hurry on, your grandmother will be missing you" He abruptly turned and began to walk towards the forest.

 

Kyungsoo called out after him "I don't even know your name" The man stopped walking "Kai, you can call me Kai" He continued on and vanished into the forest. Kyungsoo picked up the rose he had dropped and quickly raced back to the trail. Trying to make sense of everything that had happened.

 

 


Well I hope you all liked that chapter

Please upvote, comment and subscribe

or check out some of my other stories I love you all!

Bye ^_^