Truth Behind The Image.

Yeobo, you're such a bully!

[Son Dongwoon's POV.]

"Come one Dongwoon! It’s just a few minutes from here!” She said cheerfully, walking with me hand on hand through a dense forest. “I swear you’ll like it!”

It was actually the last day of our honeymoon. The two weeks passed quite fast for me, because she’s been showing me around.

She bought me to residential places, to nice quiet beaches where we would be alone –with the incentive of seeing her in a bikini, yay hormones-, to the traditional houses…

She had taught me about the life in the islands, the traditions, the food… Most likely everything.

I’ve took this trip to observe her. No, not in a stalker way of observing.

I’ve always had this kind of weird feeling that Soon Bok had lots of things to say, lots of things hidden up. It was indeed a weird feeling.

Anyway, I walked obediently behind her as she guided me.

Suddenly, the path started to clear of plants and a beautiful whitish gazebo appeared in front of our eyes.

The soft orange lights subtly illuminate the landscape.

“You like it?” She asked, guiding me once again to the insides of it.

I nodded, still stunned because of the beauty of the place.

Soon Bok grabbed a sit, and I imitated it.

Her gaze got lost into the orange-ish ocean. “Would you like it more if I told you that you’re the only one who I’ve bought here?” She dropped it softly.

I quickly turned to face her. “Chincha?”

Soon Bok nodded.

Minutes passed.

Silence. It wasn’t uncomfortable, though.

“Hey, Soon Bok.” I called her, tapping on her shoulder.

She turned to me. Damn, we’re closer than I’ve thought. “I’ve always had a question to ask you.”

“Shoot.”

“Why do you always do that?”

Soon Bok laughed openly. “Do what, Dongwoon?”

I became awkward. “You know…Defend the others…When they’re being bullied.”

She chuckled a bit bitterly and glanced at the last rays of sun.

 

[Koo Soon Bok's/ Your POV.]

I walked through the halls of my middle school shyly, hugging my books close to my chest.

When I was younger, I was taller than the other guys and girls, tanner and curvier than the other girls who had started growing at that age.

My curves made me seem fat. I felt fat when I wasn’t.

“There goes the nerd! You’re so ugly, go on and die already!” The most popular guy –and the one I had a crush on- yelled.

His minions laughed. I shed tears and walked faster.

Something sticky hit the back of my skirt. “Nice pattern you got there, Nerdy! Why don’t you go to the bathroom and release yourself huh?” Said one of the queenkas.

The tears fell. Another day that I’d had to cry myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

With the years, my mother made me learn different martial arts and I became addicted to it. When I was 13, I already knew judo, karate and taekwondo. And I was learning capoeira.

I had never used it against the ones that bullied me. Until one day.

The day that the popular guy tried to… me.

I grabbed his arms and flipped him to the floor perfectly. Then, I did a handstand. Not a common one, no, a handstand connected to his chin, and I kicked his face with all my weight.

I think I broke some of his tooth.

Overpowering him made me free.

Since that day, my appearance changed. I had shorter hair; I stopped wearing the girls’ uniform to wear the guys’ one. My head was always under some cap or hat, because the stares seemed as strong as they did with a free head.

The yells and insults transformed into whispers and sneaked glances.

My timid expression turned into a smirk.

My bubbly self was covered under layers and layers; like you would find in an onion.

Through the following years, I heard that some of the guys –including the major bastard- had a crush on me. I had the pleasure to break their hearts, to shred them apart with my own hands.

Revenge tastes sweet when you’ve been under the other’s gaze too much time.

When I left high school, started in Cube Academy and met Haneul a fated day, I reflected my own self in her so much that I couldn’t bear knowing that there was someone bullying her.

Such a broken girl with insecurities covering her real self.

That’s when I decided that I wouldn’t let anyone look down at me or to anyone who I knew if I could stop it.

 

[Son Dongwoon's POV.]

I looked in disbelief at her.

The weakening sun rays lightening her face let me see the reflex of something crystalline falling from her eyes. She was crying.

Not knowing exactly what to do, I hugged her waist with my arms and pulled her down on my chest.

“Soonie,” I cooed softly. “Soonie, you don’t have to act all strong in front of me. You can always rely on me.”

She sniffed. “Why would you? You’re a kingka.”

I her back gently. “I’m your hubby, remember?” I said cheekily.

She relaxed in my arms and cried freely.

Never judge a person by their appearance. Sometimes, the most tender piece is found under layers of callouses.

                                                                         

Hi dearies :)

This chapter had a meaning, okay?

I'm not inviting you all to hit the people who bully you, just don't let them look down on you.

And more important, don't look down on yourself.

You're beautiful, if you're curvy, skinny, tall or short.

Don't forget that.

And another thing, IT'S MY BIRTHDAYYYY!!!

kekkeke~

Comment&Subscribe