P r o l o g u e .

The Assassin's Love Story.

My name is Hera; Jung Hera.

I had a perfectly ordinary but happy life.

I grew up in a small town with a happy family and a happy childhood.

But everything's about to change, once and for eternity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me; away from my small town that is now burning in flames. In a matter of seconds, I had ran a few kilometres in the least and I am now standing in the middle of a desolate hilltop. I stopped, caught my breath and looked back. My town that I had grown to love, is now burning in flames down to its roots. Along with my family, my friends and everyone that I used to know.

I know I have to keep running. I know that whoever that had set fire to my entire town, is looking for me.

I remember just a few minutes ago, I was standing in the middle of the road, watching in confusion as every house in town is burning with bright flames. I remember turning around to see a man staring at me. There's nothing unusual about this man- except for his eyes. His eyes were cold, impassive and malovalent. Even then, my instincts told me he was up to no good.

The man took a step towards me, his malicious gaze fixed on me.

I ran.

Now, I am here, staring at what's left of my town. Everyone's dead, I know that.

I turned around and the man is there again.

He's still staring at me with those silent eyes.

"Who are you?!" I yelled at him. I am scared to my bones, but I will not show him my fear.

He walked tentatively towards me. I walked backwards,  further and further from him until I tripped and fell on the muddy soil.

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled again.

He remained quiet, but now he is only standing an inch from me.

I glared at him, right at the eyes. It was midnight, but the moonlight was reflected on his face. His eyes looked... dead. Like someone that's completely heartless.

Slowly, but smoothly as if he'd done the gesture a thousand times before, he pulled out a dagger. The dagger glinted in the moonlight. He pointed the dagger towards me.

I tried to punch him, but my pathetic final efforts to survive were easily blocked by him. He was fast, and certainly agile.

All of a sudden, there was darkness.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's Side.

I pressed the nape of her neck (a technique I had learned a long time ago) and she was unconscious rightaway.

The dagger is in my hands, right on her chest. Anytime now, I'll stake the dagger into her heart and it'll be over.

All these months of searching for her- the eight Infinite, will finally pay off. She'll be gone and I can move on to my next target.

She'll be dead.

Why can't I kill her?

I'd killed people before, lots of them. I'm an Assassin after all, that's my job. I'd killed women before too.

So why can't I kill her?

I'd seen blood, everywhere from the body of my victims to my hands.

So why can't I stand the thought of blood, her blood, on her body and for her to lay lifeless?

Damn it, Myungsoo, just stake her with the dagger and get it over with!

I'm an Assassin. A damn good assassin.

Never once did I pity my victims.

So why now? Why her?

I calmed my mind and collected my thoughts.

No, I can not, and will not, accept the thought of her, dead.

I kept my dagger and carried her in my arms.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     ║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌║▌▌    
  ©peanutbutterandjelly