A l m o s t L o v e r s .

The Assassin's Love Story.

Hera's Side.

I screamed uncontrollaby at the top of my lungs as the electricity sends waves through my body.

"Why didn't you find your way back to us?" Woohyun read the question from a piece of paper. He sounded bored.

"I don't know how! I'd never been out of the mansion!" I yelled. I just wanted the pain to stop.

No more electric, please, no more.

Electric. I screamed. My whole body shook.

"Not good enough. We are Assassins, Hera. You're supposed to know how to find your way around, especially back to your own home," Woohyum replied monotonously.

My vision was already blurred. This is the 4th time I was shocked by electricity in the past hour. We are in a small room located in the basement. The only people here are Gyuri who was watching my torment, Woohyun who was conducting it, and me.

Myungsoo was no where to be found.

"Who are those people that you were staying with?" Woohyun asked again, reading from the paper.

"They are just normal, innocent people. They found me at the ball and carried me to safety." I whimpered. I can feel the energy draining out of my body.

At that moment, Gyuri walked closer to me until her face was only inches away from mine. She lifted my chin so that I face her at eye level.

"Were you trying to escape?" she asked with her soft, sultry voice.

"No," I answered honestly. Escape was never my plan. I know what the consequences are if I tried to escape. Death.

"Will you try to escape?" she asked again.

"No," I whimpered.

"I'd taken you in and took care of you. We'd treated you like family and trained you from when you know nothing. Without me, you won't be here today. I hope you don't forget that, Jung Hera."

I nodded weakly.

Gyuri turned back and walked away from me. My vision was already fleeting, and the last thing I saw was Gyuri snapping her finger at Woohyun.

Next thing I know, electricity again.

And I out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I awoke, it was complete darkness. I don't know what time it is, but I'm sure this is the same filthy basement that I was locked in before.

"Are you okay?"

I  turned around, let my vision adjust to the darkness. But I don't need my vision to know who else is in this secluded room with me. I'd know his voice anywhere; the voice that used to bring me unfathomable calmness and even happiness, but now it's only anger.

Myungsoo.

I ignored him. I didn't buldge from my position, cuddled up in the corner of the dark room.

"Was it bad?"

I wanted to scream at him that it was the worst thing I'd endured, even as an Assassin, and yell at me for not being there for me but I couldn't. The last thing I want to do was to relive those painful moments of being strapped helplessly to an electric chair.

Myungsoo walked closer and sat right next to me, his eyes never left my face.

'I tried to talk Gyuri out of it," Myungsoo tried to explain, "I'm sorry."

That made me snap.

"Sorry about what? For leaving me alone for one month? For letting me live a normal life that I'd always wanted and then snatch it away from me? For letting me feel happiness then take that away from me too? For letting Gyuri torture me like an animal" I was angry at everything, but my voice was eerily calm.

Myungsoo's eyes fell to the ground. When he looked back up again, I could barely maintain an eye contact. He looked so angry, and pained at the same time. I couldn't fathom what it was.

"You think it wasn't bad for me? I spent day and night looking for you! I threw my missions away just to find you. You think you are tortured? You had no idea what Gyuri has done to me for abandoning my missions for you!" Myungsoo's voice is getting louder.

I can't speak. Myungsoo is such a controlled and impassive person, that seeing this outburst of anger, of any emotions at all bewildered me. We were both distraught and broken inside.

When he continued, his eyes showed such terrible sadness that I can barely bear it. He moved his face so close to mine, his eyes inches away from mine, our noses almost touching.

When he spoke, his voice was soft and sad, "I was a mess without you. I didn't know where you are, who you're with, if you're safe. My biggest fear was finding your lifeless body. Every night, I pray that you're somewhere out there safe."

That caught me by surprise.

Myungsoo.. does he really care for me? Did he actually took such effort to look for me?

His forehead touched mine, "if anything were to happen to you, I can't forgive myself."

It was quiet, and there were only the two of us.

I was overwhelmed, and confused.

Myungsoo does care for me.

"Why?' I managed a whisper.

Myungsoo looked straight into my eyes.

"Because I..." he hesitated, "I.."

I waited. My heart was beating fast.

Honestly, I didn't know what I was hoping the answer will be. I really do not know.

"I.."

 

Myungsoo's Side.

I love you.

I tried to get the words out, but I just couldn't.

But if I don't right now, she will never know how I feel. Right now, it's clear that I'd completely lost her trust. She thought I abandoned her, that I betrayed and did not care for her. If only she knows the real truth.

It might be my last solution, to gain her trust back. I can't lose her, I can't bear it.

 

Yes, somewhere along the months we spent together, I fell in love with this broken, stubborn, fierce but yet intelligent, strong and beautiful lady. Maybe it was the way she accepts me as I am, the coldblooded killer that I am. Maybe it was the way she always bring down my walls, and made me be so comfortable and unguarded with her. Or maybe it was the way that her mere smile, could warm this cold heart of mine.

It was a slow process, but when it happened, it hit me like an earthquake. All I can think about was her.

I loved her, but here she is, looking so battered and fragile, and I couldn't protect her.

I am just an Assassin, with blood on my hands. Including her family's...

How am I ever going to be good enough for her?

 

I cleared my throat and moved away from her.

She looked surprised, even disappointed.

I stood up and walked to the door.

Without a single word, I left.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note; That was a really long hiatus but I'm back!

Awwww you guys hoped Myungsoo will confess, huh? Can't be that easy.

He is Kim Myungsoo, after all.

But since Hoya got a whole chapter to tell the story of how he fell in love with Hera,

should Myungsoo have one too?

One cheesy detailed chapter of our Myungsoo finally falling in love.

Tell me in the comments :)

Sorry for the hiatus and thanks for waiting ! You guys are great.