G o o d b y e .

The Assassin's Love Story.

Myungsoo's Side.

 

I remained hidden in the trees, waiting until he goes out of the room.

Him. Hoya. 

Out of all the Good Infinites, he's the one I hate the most. The one I loathe the most, and also the only one that, as much as I hate to admit it, is as powerful as me and the only one that might stand a chance to kill me in a combat. Because he's the only one that knows my past. Of course he knew, he was there with me. But that past will be forever buried behind me.

I clenced my fist when I saw him waking up next to Hera, though he was just sleeping uncomfortably on the chair as Hera slept soundly on the bed, being the goddamned gentleman that he is. Still, he was too close to Hera. And when he kissed her forehead before he left the room, I had to practice all the willpower I had not to rush in the room and punch him on the face right then. How dare he touch Hera?

Then he left. So I watched Hera silently, waiting for her to awake.

A while later, she does. She rubbed her eyes, then she canvassed around the room. Looking for Hoya. The house is empty of Good Infinites now that Hoya has left, except that one boy who is sleeping comfortably in his room as I had checked before. I believe his name is Sungyeol. Normally it's way too dangerous to ambush a house of Good Infinites by my own, but now that there's only one of them here, and that being Sungyeol who is completely off guard, the house is as tame as a puppy dog house.

I jumped off the tree and walked closer to her window, waiting for her to turn and find me there. Then she does; she turned and laid her eyes on me.

I didn't know exactly what I was hoping for, I guess in a way I hoped she would run and put her arms around me, though I knew that is very unlikely to happen. But there's still that little hope that maybe she had missed me. It's been a month since I saw her after all.

But she didn't run towards me. She just stood there, looking at me with those impassive eyes. I'd taught her too well- she mastered her expression impeccably. Now I have no idea what she's thinking or what she's feeling. 

"Why are you here?" she said in a silent voice, but I could feel the anger layered between those words.

"To take you back," I answered back.

"After one whole month?"

"I couldn't find you."

Then, she laughed; a curt but bitter laugh. "You're the best of all us assassins, I'd seen you work, you only take at most a day to track anything, but you claim that you needed one whole ing month to find me?! Tell me, you couldn't find me or you didn't even bother trying?"

I pursed my lips. Of course she didn't understand- I had to locate the secret hideout of the Good Infinites just to find her and that is not something you can find on the map. Good Infinites care just as much about keeping their whereabouts unknown to the Trackers as much as we Assassins do, and they know how to hide and blend just as well as we do. If I take one whole month to find their hideout, the Trackers would take years.

But I couldn't tell her that- she can't find out that those people that took care of her for the past month are the Good Infinites. Because then she might defect to their side. And I can't afford to lose her again.

"Well?" she's still looking at me, angry and accusing.

I couldn't think of anything else to say so I climbed through the window, picked her up and ran away with her despite her ing and yelling repeatedly to let go of her. Man, she has definitely gotten stronger. I almost lost my balance a few times as she thrashed against me until finally, after about 2 kilometres, I decided we are at a safe distance away from the Good Infinite's house so I let her down.

She punched me in the jaw.

My first instinct was when someone put their hand on me was to hit them back, but I surpressed that urge and took the punch instead.

"Don't ever do that again," she said. She seemed a little calmer now that she has punched me, a little less angry. Maybe taking that punch was worth it, though  I could feel blood trickling down my lips. Oh well, that will heal in no time.

"You need to come back with me."

"Why? I was living well with them."

It was my turn to laugh bitterly, "with them? Those normal human beings?"

She clearly didn't know that those people are the Good Infinites, which is good because that means that they didn't know she's the eight Infinite either. They probably thought she's just an ordinary girl who was at the wrong place at the wrong time and hence gotten stabbed during the ball.

And there's I couldn't tell her they're the Good Infinites. Because then she would know where to find them, and she might choose to be with them instead.

"Yes, those normal human beings, because they treat me like a person not a killing machine!"

"Well hate to break it to you, but you are born to be a killing machine, just like the rest of us!" I'm aware that I'm raising my voice more as she yells at me more. We are in the middle of a desolate forest anyways, no one would be able to hear us.

"I don't want to be an assasin! I want to be normal and live a normal, boring, non-murderous life!" She yelled. Her face was flushed red with anger.

"Normal? You will never be normal! You're an Infinite, you're as far from normal as it gets!" I'm yelling now. I never yell. And here I am, yelling at this girl whom I have unfathomable feelings for, and I just want to stop yelling and hold her in my arms, because I missed her so much, but I couldn't because I knew she would just push me away. And I don't know what I'll do if she does push me away.

She was struck speechless, "I just want to be normal." She whimpered to the ground.

She looked so disappointed, so hopeless that I couldn't help but caress her cheeks. But she slapped my hand away.

"Don't pretend you care for me," she looked at me accusingly.

"But I do."

"You don't. If you do then you would've came looking for me weeks earlier! You would've came looking for me when I was ing stabbed during that ball! Did you know I lost so much blood that I could've died if it weren't for those nice normal people whom saved my life?! You would've came looking for me, but you didn't and I almost died but you clearly don't care!" 

I remained silent because I knew of nothing to say.

"I want to go back to them and just be a normal girl," she finally said, giving up. She looked too tired to remain angry at me. She just looks exhausted.

I know I'm losing her then. She doesn't trust me and she doesn't know my feelings for her, probably never will. That hurts more than any stabbing, any gunshots, any slashings I'd encountered before.

"You know you can never be with those normal people, or live your life as a normal person, Hera. You're an Infinite and the Trackers already knew you and are looking for you right at this moment right now. You'll only bring danger to them if you decided to stay with them. The Trackers killed your whole town before just so that no one that knows you can live, and they will definitely kill those people if they found out you were living with them. Do you really want to harm those people, Hera? The people whom had saved your life? Would you want them to be mercilessly killed by the Trackers too?" I coaxed. It was the truth- I just decided to leave out the part where those people are the Good Infinites and they're perfectly capable of taking care of themselves against the Trackers.

She looked down, avoiding my eyes. Then, slowly, she said, "Of course I knew. I just hoped... maybe I have a shot of a normal life." Then she looked up at me and said, "But I guess not. I'll just end up bringing harm to them if I stayed with them. I can't afford to have Trackers finding them."

A few silent minutes passed as she contemplated. I waited and waited for her to say something.

"I'll go back with you. Just let me say goodbye to them first."

"Hera, I don't think that's the best idea--"

'Please, Myungsoo."

Her voice was pleading, saddened. I relented and nodded my approval.

"I'll meet you back at the house."

 

Hera's Side.

I did miss Myungsoo, I can't lie about that. But when I saw him there, after one whole month, anger overpowered me. He left me helpless, and he only came back for me after one month. One whole month, he didn't bothered about me. Then he was here all of a sudden. And I'm not going to lie, it felt good when I punched him. For leaving me alone. For not knowing how much I had missed him. 

I know I have to leave my newfound family. I tried not to cry at the thought of leaving my family as I walked back towards the house I'd come to love. 

Sunggyu the father figure whom loves to nag, Dongwoo the overexcited brother who's always so optimistic about everything, Sungyeol the innocent brother who's a total prankster and most of all, Hoya. Hoya, who looks at me as if I'm precious.

I took slow steps as I entered the house, puzzled when I saw that the door was left opened. This is completely unlike them to leave the doors or windows open- they are usually always so safe with everything.

I pried inside, but there was no one there.

Until I reached my room and saw Hoya's back facing me.

He turned around and I noticed how panicked and nervous he looked. He even looked a tiny bit scared. But when he laid his eyes on me, he visibly relaxed and he said, "Thank God you're here. I stopped on the way to work to buy you some breakfast but when I got back you weren't in your room. I looked everywhere in the house for you but I couldn't find you. I thought you'd left without saying goodbye. I was so worried---"

I ran across the room and hugged him.

I didn't care that he was taken offguard and he was visibly surprised, he obviously didn't expect me to hug him since I was never the one to initiate physical contact but I didn't care. I just hugged him as tight as I could and savoured every moment of it. Because this just might be the first and last time I get to hold him.

Finally, he put his arms around me, just encircling me in his firm arms. One of his arms hold my waist tightly against him, while the other rubs my back gently.

He didn't say or ask anything, he just kissed the top of my head and held me there for a few moments. I got the feeling that he had been holding back all this time; he had waited for me to come to him. He had been silently waiting for me to open up my heart to him.

'I waited," he whispered to the top of my head.

I didn't want to leave him, ever. But staying with him means putting him in danger. And he doesn't deserve that. He deserves a nice, normal girl who is safe and beautiful and caring and...and everything I'm not. I don't deserve Hoya.

So finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, I break away from his hug.

I almost broke down when I saw his eyes gazing upon me. I was right- he had been waiting for me. As if I'm beautiful in his eyes.

"I have to leave now,' I said, choking back tears.

'What?" he looked crushed immediately as I formed those words.

"I have to leave now," I repeated.

"But..why? I mean...you can just stay here...we don't mind, really....where are you going to go? I mean, it's not safe out there...I mean---"

Hoya was muttering now, stumbling over words until finally, I grabbed his face in my hands and said more firmly, "I have to leave now."

Hoya was silent, he just stared at me, holding my hands against his face. The realization is starting to sink in, I could see it from his expression. I could feel him trying to accept my decision.

I said slowly when I realized that Hoya was silently letting me go, I could see it in his eyes, "Goodbye."

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed Hoya on the cheek.

The expression in his eyes just breaks me- full of sadness. 

But nevertheless, he nodded slowly and kissed my hands, my fingers and finally my cheek.

With his voice as silent as possible, he said, "Goodbye, Hera.'

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Well that was a sad chapter.

Anyways a little spoiler here; the next chapter will be completely from Hoya's perspective;

of how he fell in love and just everything from Hoya's point of view

since it's pretty unfair that Myungsoo and Hera both got to tell their stories

but not Hoya. So yeah, Hoya's fans, wait for the next chapter ;)