Plattform Nr. 2 at 07.30 pm

The Train at 07.30 pm.

Like a thread, Daehyun quietly pulled out his headphones out of his coat pocket and decided to listen to his “Autumn Beats” playlist which mainly consisted of relaxed and calm acoustic songs. Today was definitely an acoustic-songs-kind-of-evening. Usually he would just settle for his hip hop playlist but today that music was just not right.

It's October and the days are slowly becoming shorter. Daehyun usually took the train back home at 07.30 pm so most people were already home and the people on the train are really quiet, thinking or rather dreaming of a warm shower and their even warmer beds. And Daehyun had the exact same thoughts. But since about 3 weeks, Daehyun's thoughts we're being interrupted. Interrupted by someone. Actually he saw that someone already a few months ago but since 3 weeks, those two shared the same train. The one arriving at sharp 07.30 pm at Platform Nr.2.

The first time he saw him (yes it's a guy) was in summer, when his friends Yongguk, Himchan and Zelo invited him to the city park for a small barbecue. 'Someone' was laughing hearty with a friend and suddenly walked over to a delighted Daehyun and asked Yongguk if they could lend him a bottle opener for just a second. Yongguk smiled and said that he can even have it for two seconds. Both laughed and Daehyun just starred at the young man and his cute cheeks which he wanted to pinch every time that he smiled.
And the male was so beautiful, Daehyun couldn't nor wanted to take his eyes off of him. Somehow Daehyun's friends started small talk with 'Someone' and his friend. Perhaps love at first sight?
The small talk was kept very small but Daehyun didn't said a word, he just smiled at the scene and the wildest imaginations started running through his head. The kind of scenarios where you see a very attractive stranger and suddenly, you imagine how both of you live and love together.
Before the male left, he caught Daehyun's gaze and smiled at him. Automatically the corners of Daehyun's mouth curled up, into a wide smile


He didn't even noticed how much he was looking forward to see him again. He just saw the back of his head but his dark brown hair looked extra fluffy today and Daehyun had the strong urge to run his hand through it. Again his imagination started running wild. He had his arm around the other males shoulder and whispered sweet nothing into his ear. He didn't even noticed that they arrived at his crush stop. Daehyun had to exit just one stop after. Before the young man left the train, his head turned to Daehyun and shyly smiled at him, just like in the park. So he knew that both shared the same train, otherwise he would've reacted a little more surprised.
Just before he finally left, Daehyun said a quiet “Hi.” and the boy answered with a soft “Hey.”

The soft voice kept repeating over and over again in his head. He even dreamed about him, always talking to him in his dreams, now that he finally exchanged a few words with him. Okay, actually it was just one word but that didn't mattered to Daehyun. His voice was so smooth and Daehyun just wanted to talk to him more.

The next day he unconsciously fixed his bangs before the man entered the train. Immediately their eyes met and they both smiled at each other. And for the first time, he walked over to Daehyun.
“Do you mind if I sit here?”

“Oh, no not at all!” He moved a little in his seat so that the other would have more space.
Then the awkward silence settled. Well it was Daehyun who was feeling awkward because he was dying to talk to him but nervous at the same time.

“Umm... I've seen you before?”

“Yeah in summer, in the city park.” Youngjae was so relaxed that Daehyun's awkward feelings quickly disappeared.

“Oh and almost everyday in this exact train. You weren't taking the train two days ago tho.” Daehyun was surprised that the male continued their conversation and especially that he noticed that he was missing.

“Yeah” he laughed shyly.

“Had to stay longer at work so I missed the train, sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?”

“Oh. I don't know, I guess... sorry.” Daehyun scratched the back of his head and he lookes so clueless and innocent that Youngjae couldn't help himself and ruffled Daehyun's hair.

“You just did it again!” Now he was giggling and Daehyun felt like the biggest idiot on earth. Quickly Daehyun fixed his hair and cleared his throat.

“My name is Youngjae by the way. Now you have a name to the face you see daily.” 
Daehyun smiled. Youngjae. A beautiful name for a beautiful man.

“Very nice to meet you Youngjae, I'm Daehyun.” A little awkwardly, they shook each others hands. Youngjae's hands were just so soft that Daehyun held his hand a little longer than necessary.

“Daehyun” Youngjae repeated his name and it sounded just so pretty from his lips.

Then there was silence again. But this time an actually a very comfortable silence and for the rest of the ride he just enjoyed every second that he sat next to Youngjae, their shoulders slightly touching.

“You've to go now.” Said Daehyun when they arrived at Youngjae's stop and he softly nodded.

“I see you tomorrow?”

“Yes, you'll see me tomorrow. Good night Daehyun.”

Daehyun couldn't stop smiling when he got home. He kicked off his shoes and a few small lights to make his small apartment a little more comfortable. He quickly took a shower, he didn't wanted to waste anymore time since he didn't ate dinner yet and was starving. And of course Youngjae appeared in his thoughts again. Did he had dinner? Is he going to watch this one TV show that everyone is talking about tonight? What is Youngjae doing.

With a loaded plate in his lap, he sat down on his couch and the TV. But instead of watching the hyped show, he started watching a documentary about beer. Next thing he knew was that it was 2 am, some infomercial was flickering on the screen and his plate laid dangerously close to the edge of the sofa. Due to his rather short night and long work day, he was really tired when he sat in the train back home again.

“Daehyun.”

A little confused, he looked to his right to see Youngjae sitting down beside him.

“Youngjae!” suddenly he was wide awake.

“I'm sorry, I was daydreaming and didn't saw you.” He rubbed his eyes and sat up straight.

“You're apologizing again.” Youngjae had this mischievously glint in his eyes and Daehyun felt a little stupid, being caught like that.

“Sorry..oh dammit sorry! Ahhhh I'm an Idiot, so-” He was just about to face palm himself, when Youngjae grabbed his wrist and kept his arm down.

“Daehyun! It's alright, please stop saying sorry.” Daehyun sighed and nodded slowly.

“Are you tired?” Daehyun could hear the worries in Youngjae's voice and smiled cutely at him, before yawning loudly. Youngjae's giggle sounded just so wonderful.

“Yeah I fell asleep in front of the TV and randomly woke up in the night. After that I couldn't fall back to sleep.”

“Ah that . I just watched a Documentary last night and then straight went to bed. Now that it's getting colder, I just want to stay in bed all day.”

“Maybe you are a bear cub, ready for hibernation.” He wiggled with his eyebrows and Youngjae seriously thought about it.

“Yeah that could be it. I mean I gained a little bit weight the past weeks.” He laughed and Daehyun just wondered where on earth the slim boy could have gained weight.

“But seriously, hibernation would be really nice. Or maybe just stay at home and watch some more documentaries about beer-”

“You also watched the beer documentary?”

“Yeah I did! But compared to you, I stayed awake.” Daehyun snorted and Youngjae smiled innocently. That boy was sass on two legs.



After a couple of days and some more train rides, Daehyun started to actually like Youngjae. There wasn't just the fascination for his angelic look but he was so witty and funny and honest with him that Daehyun couldn't help to slowly but surely fall for Yoo Youngjae.

“I'm trying out a new recipe for dinner, do you wanna join?” Youngjae had no idea how much self control it took Daehyun to appear so casual when in reality he was really nervous.

“Yeah sure, that means no Ramyun tonight! Wohoo!” He laughed and Daehyun felt a huge weight pulled off his shoulders.

“But seriously, I'm really curious to see how you live. I mean, I don't think that I've fully figured you out yet.”

“Is that a good thing?” Daehyun raised and eyebrow. He wasn't really sure what answer to expect especially since Youngjae was so unpredictable.

“Yeah I mean I sound like an but I'm pretty good with reading people.” When he said reading, he made air quotes and Daehyun smiled.

“But you.. I don't know, I can't figure you out.”

“And you think that's easy? Figuring someone out? We only take the same train together. No offense but we don't really know each other.”

“And yet I feel like we've been friends for years Dae. That never happened to me before.”

“Oh then I guess I'm special?”

“Most definitely.”

Daehyun was joking when he said that but Youngjae's response was meant serious. He was more than surprised – and flattered.

“It will be so weird to leave the train together.”

“Yeah and you coming home with me. What if I'm a creep and this is all part of my plan to kidnap you?”

“As I said, I'm good at reading people.”

“You said that I'm unreadable.”

“I'm good enough to know that you're not a killer. You couldn't harm a fly.” Daehyun hesitated for a moment.

“True. Come on, we've to get out.”

“I can't wait!!” Youngjae talked for the whole way while Daehyun just listened and smiled.

“Dae why are you so quiet? Jeez I'm not a radio, you know. I need your opinion once in a while.”

“Yes I'm sorry, I just like to listen to your voice.” Youngjae walked a little slower and a shy smile creeped onto his face.

“Umm.. thank you. Usually I don't talk that much, just when I'm comfortable with someone.” 
Now it was Daehyun who walked a little slower and smiled brightly.

“Let's get Cheesecake for Dessert.” Youngjae nodded thoughtfully. “And Ice Cream.”


“Ice Cream and Cheesecake?” not that Daehyun was against that idea.

“Choco Ice Cream to be exact.”

“Cho-”

“And Vanilla!” Daehyun stopped completely and laughed about Youngjae's cute little tune.

“Youngjae pabo~” Softly he hit him in the shoulder.

“Hey. I just really like Ice Cream, okay?” Daehyun wanted to melt right on the spot when he saw Youngjae's pout.

“Yes I understood that, come one there's a grocery store next to my place.” Youngjae cheered triumphantly and started walking faster.. and a little closer to Daehyun.



“Oh my god you're such a good cook! Why didn't you tell me sooner?! You should have told me Jung Daehyun! This is some gooood stuff!”
Youngjae just finished his second plate and patted his tummy.

“It's just Bacon Mac & Cheese.”

“But holy , it's so good!”

“So good that you're swearing?”

“Mhm not necessarily. Like I said, I feel comfortable. You'll hear even more swearing.”


“So I can assume that this is not the last time that I cooked for Youngjae, the stranger that I met on the train.” 

“That's absolutely correct.” “I'm glad.” Youngjae slowly nodded. “Me too.”

Daehyun didn't failed to notice the blush on Youngjae's round cheeks. But Youngjae also saw the blush on the elders cheeks.


Cute.
Youngjae was cute.
They both saw each other daily, even on the weekends the would meet up.
And in the time when they didn't, the would text. Youngjae saved the blonds number under 'Daehyunnie' while Youngjae was his 'Jaejae'. It was cute. After their first “not-train-meet-up”, both of them became best friends almost instantly. Best friends with flirty but shy smiles, pick up lines at the beginning of phone calls and inside jokes. But mostly playful teasing was involved.

“Fatty I bought some cake.”

“Well nice to see you too Youngjae. Yeah sure you can sit down besides me! Isn't the weather just wonderful? Oh I love Winter!”

“You're an idiot.” The old man sitting close to them, gave both a weird look, Daehyun stayed silent and Youngjae sighed in defeat.

“Hello Daehyunnie. So are we going to your place and eat the cake or not.”

“Depends on the cake.”

“It's Cheesecake.”

“You just got yourself an invitation to my wonderful Appartement

“Stop that right now.”

“You don't like mon français?“

„Shut up... or I'll eat the cake alone.“

„You wouldn't dare.“

“Oh Daehyun.. I so would and you know that.”


It was a Friday and after Daehyun inhaled his share of the dessert, he and Youngjae, who still ate his piece, lazily sat down on the couch.

“How about we do something.”

“Do what.” Daehyun sunk further into the cushion, not willing to leave the warm and cozy apartment.

“Play a game?”

“Is that a question or suggestion.”

“Suggestion.”

“What game Jaejae, like come one. Just say what you wanna do.”

“Play 20 questions.” Daehyun slowly turned his head to face Youngjae and raised an eyebrow.

“20 Questions, huh? The modern equivalent to 'Spin the Bottle'?”

“Yeah, let's play that.” Youngjae swallowed and a sly smile spread on Daehyun's face.

“Sure, you go first.”




______________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:
There it is. Chapter 1.
Like mentioned in my foreword, I'm not completely satisfied.
I spent so many evening on this Document titled "Autumn Beats at 07.30 pm" 
and I just couldn't write anything. As soon as my fingers touched the keyboard, my mind went blank haha

If you're feeling that their relationship is rushed, it's not. They met in summer, really met in October and got best friends
in a short time because they simply like each other. I got this all planned out ;)

- instanttoffee