Love Notes

Always Have, Always Will
Please log in to read the full chapter
Genre: High School AU, Fluff  Rating: PG Word Count: 1,290 Summary: Sehun writes Luhan an embarrassing love note. Luhan shoots Sehun with a love confession of his own.     

Today is the day Sehun will tell Luhan, his unbelievably cute classmate and secret crush for over a year, that he likes him and that he wants to take him to the winter dance. Jongin, Sehun's stupid best friend, tells him that he should leave a love note in Luhan's locker and be there when he reads it; a rather creepy suggestion in Sehun's opinion, so he dismisses it. Besides, Luhan has received plenty of love letters in his locker over the year, so that wouldn't work. It's just Sehun's luck that he's crushing on the school's most wanted male student.

 

After realizing that he needs advice from someone who's actually experienced in the romance department, Sehun seeks help from his other best friend, Tao, who tells him that he should wait for Luhan after his soccer game with balloons in his hands and a card confessing his undying love for him. Although the idea is completely embarrassing, Sehun goes with it because he had nothing else.

 

Right now, Sehun's sitting at his usual spot on the bleachers, watching the soccer team (mainly Luhan) play against their rivals from Gangnam. The score is currently tied, but that suddenly changes when Luhan gets the ball and scores a sweet high shot towards the goal's upper right hand corner. The goalie never had a chance. It's now 2-1, in favor of their school, and everyone watching is celebrating along with the players on the field. Luhan, especially, is thrilled over his goal, and now, he's in the middle of his usual celebratory routine, where he kisses his hand and points his index finger at the sky. Sehun finds it adorable whenever he does that.

 

Usually when he's done, Luhan would go back to focusing on the game, but today, he doesn't. Luhan stands in the middle of the field, eyes scanning the bleachers, looking for someone in particular. He stops when he spots Sehun, who has trouble breathing the moment they make eye contact. With a smile, Luhan sticks his hand out like a gun and he shoots.

 

An invisible bullet hits Sehun right in the chest, and he thinks he's fallen even more in love with Luhan.

 

“What's wrong?” Jongin asks. “You look like you're going to throw up.”

 

“I've been hit,” Sehun mumbles, eyes glued to Luhan as he runs back to his position on the field, game mode back on.

 

“By what?”

 

“By an angel,” he answers as he tries to picture what just happened. It doesn't feel real. No. It's too good to be true. What if it's just his imagination? Did Luhan really do that? Or maybe he did, but it wasn't meant for Sehun? Who was it meant for? All of these questions are running through his mind as he watches the rest of the game, his palms becoming sweaty as the clock ticks on.

 

After the game ends in a win for their team, Sehun heads down to the pitch with a red balloon behind his back. He's decided that one balloon was enough (he couldn't afford more), and hopefully, Luhan would appreciate his efforts, regardless of how unimpressive it seems.

 

“Hey, Luhan?” Sehun manages to squeak out when he reaches the players, who were standing around, congratulating each other on a job well done.

 

Luhan perks up at the sound of Sehun's voice. “Sehun? What are you doing here?”

 

“Uhhh.” It's now or never. Sehun takes a dee

Please log in to read the full chapter