Birthday Surprise

Always Have, Always Will
Please log in to read the full chapter
Genre: Romance, Fluff Rating: PG-15 Word Count: 2,058 Summary: It's Sehun's birthday, and all he wants to do is spend the day in bed with the best gift he's ever received.     

 

Sehun loves Luhan.

 

It was love at first sight 5 years ago, and even now whenever he looks at Luhan, he finds himself falling in love all over again. It's cliché and extremely cheesy to admit but he loves everything about Luhan – from his beautiful eyes that seem to shine brighter than the stars to his quirky sense of humor to his never ending desire to surprise Sehun every chance he gets.

 

Today happens to be Sehun's birthday, so Sehun knows from past experiences that his adorable boyfriend will soon be bouncing on their bed, happily announcing that since it's his special day, Sehun should get up immediately. When Sehun shows no signs of doing such a thing, Luhan would climb on top of him and excitedly tell him about all the stuff he has planned for the day in hopes of getting Sehun to budge. This also doesn't work, so Luhan is then forced to shower Sehun's face with kisses, a major weakness of his. Right when Sehun starts kissing him back, Luhan would take the opportunity to pull away and drag Sehun out of bed. It rarely works out because Sehun is a lot heavier than he looks. Eventually, Luhan gives up and settles himself on top of Sehun again, his cheek pressed against Sehun's chest as he complains about how uncooperative Sehun is. With a smile, Sehun would then wrap his arms around his tired boyfriend and tell him that although he appreciates his efforts to celebrate his birthday, he rather they spend the morning in bed together. Nothing fancy. Just them in each other's arms (and maybe a slow round of sweet love making). After some more convincing, which mainly consists of Sehun kissing and that special spot on his neck, Luhan would agree to Sehun's suggestion, and they would just lay in bed for hours, happy and content.

 

However, this morning, when Sehun felt Luhan leaving the bed awfully early, he had a feeling that this particular birthday could be different.

 

While laying alone, Sehun wonders where Luhan could have gone. Could he possibly have last minute errands to run? Or could he be recruiting backup to help him get Sehun out of bed?

 

Sehun grabs his phone from the nightstand, his fingers anxiously typing a message to his boyfriend asking him where he was. Right before he could press send, he hears the door to their apartment opening, and he stops to listen. He hears Luhan running around their living room, doing who knows what. Eventually, the pitter patter ceases and Sehun knows Luhan is tiptoeing his way to their bedroom. He snaps his eyes shut and waits for the inevitable “Sehun-ah!”

 

The door creaks open. “Sehun-ah!”

 

Despite the fact that he's supposed to be pretending that he's asleep, Sehun couldn't resist the urge to smile.

 

“Sehun, get up! It's your special day today!” Luhan announces as he crawls onto the bed. When Sehun doesn't reply, he starts jumping. “Sehun, you have to wake up now because I have a lot planned for your birthday and you're going to absolutely love it! Come on! Wake up!”

 

Sehun mumbles nonsense and flips his body over so that he's laying on his stomach.

 

Luhan immediately aligns his body on top of Sehun (like Sehun expected him to). “Sehunnn,” Luhan whines. “Get up, please.”

 

“Why?” Sehun murmurs, half amused and half curious.

 

“Because I can't let you win this year. We're definitely going to do as I say!” Luhan wiggles his body to show Sehun just how serious he is.

 

Sehun finds the action endearing. He turns his head around, eyes still closed. “Convince me.”

 

“I will not!” Luhan argues, his face inches away from Sehun. “Not this year,” he adds, though he snuck in a quick peck on Sehun's cheek.

 

Sehun smiles at Luhan's inability to resist kissing him. Honestly, they're both weak when it comes to that because Sehun also can't resist kissing Luhan. He hardly ever tries.

 

Luhan catches his smile and groans. “Sehunnn.”

 

“Luhan.”

 

“Get up. Pretty please?” Luhan begs.

 

Sehun twists his body around, hands quickly grabbing ahold of Luhan's waist before he topples over. He opens his mouth to say something, but the sight of Luhan prevents him from forming any coherent words.

 

Luhan has his bubble gum pink hair styled up perfectly, his forehead no longer obscured by the usual bangs he has. He's wearing a black button up that contrasts beautifully against his flawless alabaster skin and a pair of skinny jeans that seem entirely too tight to be legal. Simply put, Luhan looks absolutely amazing with a hint of y on the side, and Sehun suddenly finds it hard to breathe. Is that eyeliner he sees?

 

Luhan's eyes are twinkling innocently as he looks down at Sehun, who's currently captivated by what he sees before him.

 

“Is something wrong?” he asks, concern in his voice as he notices the way Sehun's staring at him.

 

“N-No,” Sehun stammers.

 

“Good. Now let's get ready!” Luhan moves to get off of Sehun, but Sehun instinctively pulls him back by the arm. He lands on Sehun's chest with a cute “Umph!”

 

“Sehun!”

 

“Why are you dressed like you're going to the club?” Sehun questions, fingers lightly tracing the side of Luhan's face, taking note of the light blush Luhan can't seem to hide.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter