ONE

Unknown Heart

I'm Min Jee, a senior at JJ High. I have a friend that I known for years and I just realized that I'm in love with him. Kim Minseok. And yet, he's in love too. But its not me. I'm not that girl. That girl is Lee Eun Mi, all boys dream girl.  

"Min Jee ah."

"Min Jee?"

"Neh?" I answered and looked to my right.

"Were you listening to me?" Luhan asked me.

"N-neh?" I said.

"Can't stop thinking about him right?" He asked.

"Oppa. I don't know what to do~" i said.

He pulled me into a hug and pat my back.

"I know how it feels baby." He said.

We stayed like this for a moment and he let go.

"I should go now. Its getting late. See you tomorrow?" I told him as i packed my things and put them in my bag.

"Sure." He said and got up.

We walked to his door and bid each other.

I walked home and saw Xiumin sitting on the porch.

"Minseo ah...." I called him.

He looked up with red puffy eyes as tears ran down his cheeks.

"Minnie ah..." He called me.

I slowly walked to him and he got up and ran to me. Running into my body hugging me tightly.

"W-We got into a argument. I tried to calm her down but it got w-worse. I don't know what to d-do. She ran out b-before i could stop her. I- I don't know w-what to do." Minseok cired.

I slowly raised my right arm to comfort him and pat his back.

'Oppa. Why don't you see me? I'm always here for you. Oppa. I love you.' I told him in my mind.

"Lets go inside okay? You're shivering." I told him.

He nod and let go of the hug and we walked to my door. I unlocked it and pulled him in. I closed the door and took off my shoes. I the light as minseok took of his shoes.

Tears were still running down his face as he sniffed.

He walked to my couch and hugged a cushion on the couch. I went into the kitchen to boil some tea and went into my closet and grabbed a blanket. I went downstairs and set the blanket over minseok and went into the kitchen to get the drink. I looked over to him, thinking about something. I poured the drink into a cup and walked over to him. I set the drink on the table in front of minseok and sat next to him.

He was still crying. I slowly raise my hand to his face and cupped it. Slowly wiping his tears as mine came down my own face.

'Oppa. Why don't you see me? I’m here for you.’

He was looking down at his feet avoiding me. I stopped and wiped my own tears before he notice.

"Drink up.... I'll be back okay?" I told him.

He nod his head.

I slowly walked away from him and went to my backyard. I glanced at him and walked to the bench and sat on it  and looked up into the bright moon.

"Umma.... Was it like this?? Meeting the one you love but doesn't see you?" I told the moon.

"I don't want to see him crying... Seeing him broken hearted, why did you leave me?"

Tears were coming down my face, droplets of rain coming down. Slowly i got wet by the rain. It started to rain really hard. I went back in and found a missing person.

"Minseok... Oppa!" I called him.

I went to the door and saw his shoes missing.

"No.." I ran out of the house and looked for him.

"Minseok!!! Minseok oppa!" I called him.

I looked everywhere for him, but not the park.

I ran to the park and found him. Before i ran up to him, he saw someone else. Eun Mi. She had an umbrella. She stood in front of minseok. He was all wet. Looking into her eyes with love and care.

"Please don't do that every again." He said and hugged her.

"I won't." She answered him.

I turned and walked away. I started to cry. I went to the river and stood there looking at the reflection if the moon as the light shines down on the couple. Soon as the walked away tears came even more. I kept wiping them away but the more it came mixing with the rain that ran along my face. I screamed. Screamed my heart out. I fell to the ground hugging myself. Rain hitting my back until it got covered by an umbrella. I looked up and saw Sehun, Luhan's younger brother.

"Hun ah.." I called him.

"Noona..." He called me.

I looked into his eyes, i know he knows that i'm in love. He got to my level and hugged me.

"Its okay noona." He said.

He helped me stand up and walked me home. We got to my door and i thanked him.

"Don't tell Han please.." I told him.

He nod and bid me bye.

I entered my house and showered. I went downstairs and fold the blanket and dumped the untouched tea into the sink. I walked upstairs and went to bed.

 

-----§§§§§§§§§§§------

 

I woke up and looked at my clock.

'6:30 am'

I got up and got ready for school. I went downstairs and made a simple breakfast. I heard knocking at my door. I went to it and opened it. It was the gang, EXO-M excluding Minseok. He was with Eun Mi.

There it stood Kris,Tao,Lay,Chen,Sehun,and Luhan. Smiling they looked at me and waving at me.

"Hey.." I said.

"Hai! Come on! We’re going to be late." said Chen.

"R-Right.. Let me grab my food first." I said.  

I ran to the kitchen and took my toast and my water bottle and ran out after locking the door.

My bag was already in the car thanks to Kris. I got in the car and took a bit out of my toast and hand it to Sehun.

Smiling, he took it and ate it. We slept in the ride as Kris drove us to school. Soon as it came to a stop and the engine dying, we woke up and stretched.

"Ah~~ so cold~~ boys are lucky to wear long pants." I whined and got out.

The boys got out afterwards and we went to the cafeteria. We sat down on our table and talked.

Students started to come in and it was getting fuller. Minseok and Eun Mi came in hand in hand smiling.

Soon as I looked up and saw them, It felt like I’ve been stabbed. I faked a smile at the couple walking in towards us. The closer they got, the more I got scared and nervous. I tried to avoid Minseok’s eye. I felt two pairs of eyes at me, I knew one of them were Minseok’s, but I didn’t know the other.

“I-I’m going to class first… See y-ya.” I told them and got up.

Before the could call out for me, i was walking out of the cafeteria. I went into a empty room and played music on my ipod.

I closed my eyes and let the memories running into my mind.

As much I want to see him, I knew I couldn’t he only saw Eun Mi in his eyes.

I heard the door open and heard footsteps coming towards me. I looked up and saw Luhan.

“Come on, Let’s go.” He said.

I turned off the music and got up and held his hand. We walked to class together and sat down on our seats.

I took a glance at Minseok and Eun Mi next to each other smiling. One of Eun Mi’s friend came and told her something.

“Oppa, could I go? Please~~ Kai’s going to be there~” she begged him.

He smiled and nod his head. I saw pain in his eyes, he didn’t want her to go.

The teacher came in and I turned around and focused on class.

 

-----§§§§§§§§§§§------

 

Before I knew it, school was over, I walked home alone. I didn’t tell the boys. I walked to the corner of the block and saw Minseok and Eun Mi. They were arguing,both of them were crying.

“Oppa, it won’t work…. I’m sorry…..” said Eun Mi.

“Please…..” he begged her.

He was on his knees begging her. She walked away and Minseok bursted into tears. He screamed, letting his anger out.

‘What do you see in her, that is better than me? Please let me in...’

 

My phone ringed and I looked at the caller.

“MINSEOK”

Tears were coming. This time I couldn’t stop them. Slowly I answered the call and wiped my non-stop tears.

“H-Hello?” I answered.

“M-Min J-Jee ah….” he called me.

“Minseok ah.. what’s wrong.” I asked.

“S-She’s gone... “ he said and started to sob.

“Where are you? Tell me.. Its going to rain.” I told him.

“At the corner of the block..” he said.

“Don’t go anywhere okay?” I told him and hung up.

I ran back to school and opened my locker and shoved everything my locker. I slammed it and ran out. It rained really hard. I ran fast as I could to the same place and found it missing.

“Minseok…” I said softly.

I ran to the spot and looked around. I was screaming out his name. I was calling him. I ran around looking for him in my uniform. Before I knew it, he was at Eun Mi’s house looking at her window.

I looked at him from a far and before I knew it again, I was crying. Slowly I turned around and walked away from him.

“please stop hurting yourself.” I said.

I walked and walked all the way to Luhan’s place. I looked at his door, before his door flew open. I saw a figure and darkness took over my eyes.

“Min Jee ah!!” Luhan called me, was the last thing I ever heard and I fell into a deep slumber.