5

Sparks Fly

"We'll eat well!" the whole class shouts at the same time. Ms.Anna has to put her hands on her ears because it's too loud, but she smiles afterwards. Another thing why she loves teaching the little kids, they always have extra energy even after playing during recess.

 

Jonghyun had packed his youngest egg rolls and fried rice. Taemin once told his appa that his egg rolls are the best in the entire world, so he packed it for his son. Taemin's face brightens up as he sees the meals that his dad had packed for him. "woaaah"

 

Minho turns to Taemin "hmm?"

 

"Hyung, what's your lunch?" as Taemin peeks at Minho's lunch

 

"This" Minho shows Taemin his packed meal, it consists of sausage and coincidentally, fried rice.

 

"I have fried rice too!" Taemin says excitedly, showing his meal to the older boy.

 

Eventually, they start eating. Another thing that Minho learns about Taemin is that, the boy is only quiet while he eats. Too busy munching his food.

 

 

As soon as they finished their lunch, the kids are scattered again. Make friends or just play with the toys provided by the school.

 

Taemin and Minho do basically the same thing but they mostly doing it all just by themselves. And really, no one seems to have a heart to tear the boys apart. Jongin who had been there to be their third person got bored and decided to play with Kibum and Kyungsoo.

 

Both of them spend the whole day together. Sharing the lego blocks, socializing with another kids in the class or simply just sit by each other throughout the classes on that day.

 

"Taesun hyung and I are still trying to convince Daddy and Appa to adopt a dog." Taemin tells the elder in the middle of completing the puzzle. "I think we're getting one soon"

 

Minho watches the younger one attentively. He isn't sure, whether it's because Taemin's story is really interesting for him, or he is more interested to the younger. The latter is more likely to be the answer but Minho still couldn’t bring himself to think about it. So instead, he keeps listening to Taemin's blabbers.

 

"hyung? Minho hyung your turn" Taemin waves his hand in front of Minho's face. Oh, so he's been spacing out for a while.

 

Minho shyly scratches the back of his head, "I'm sorry." He mutters as he grabs one of the puzzle pieces.

 

The puzzle is slowly showing its own picture when Minho asks Taemin what would he named his dog. he wants to make sure that Taemin already has one because name is really important.

 

"I'm not sure. Taesunnie hyung and I haven't really think about it" he shrugs then his lips are pouting like he's in the middle of thinking "but, If it's a girl probably Eve and if it's a boy then it's Adam. What do you think hyung?"

 

"It's great! I like the names" Minho says while attaching the last piece of the puzzle.

 

Taemin squeals and raising his hand to high-fiving Minho, instead of responding the action, Minho hugs the younger. Taemin is surprised at first, but he realized how fluffy the elder is so he hugs him back. Much tighter than how Minho hugs him.

 

"I like you Minho hyung" Taemin says right after they separate.

 

"I like you too, Taemin-ah" Taemin not sure whether his cheeks are red because Minho just pinched them or because of the confession.

 

 

 

The day slowly turns into an afternoon. Some of the kids are already picked up by their parents including Kyungsoo and Kibum which made Jongin really sad because he is left alone as Taemin and MInho are too busy by themselves.

 

"Minho-ya, your mom is here" Ms.Anna calls the boy.

 

Minho and Taemin have drawings equipment in front of them, they're too busy drawing that Minho didn’t hear his name being called by the room teacher. He only looks up when he feels a gentle tap on his shoulder, "your mom is here, dear" Ms. Anna says, pointing to the door.

 

Minho's mom is standing at the door, hands wide open to welcome her only son in her arms. Instead of running to his mother's arms like what she's been predicting, Minho frowns, tears welling in his eyes. Soojung runs to his son and hugs him comfortingly. Taemin finally looks up from his drawing after hearing a soft sniffle from the elder.

 

"Mommy can't we just stay here a little longer? I want to play with Taemin" Minho asks between his sniffling. Taemin bites his bottom lips, he only does that whenever he feels bad or worry. And seeing Minho's crying, does make him worry.

 

"Oh baby, your Appa is waiting in the house all by himself. Mommy's going to buy you ice cream, how does it sound?" Soojung's offer gets turned down by her son as he shakes his head.

 

"how about Taemin?"

 

"Taemin will be here again tomorrow and so do you, you guys will meet again tomorrow. Right Taeminnie?" the attention shifts to Taemin. He nods unsurely, of course kindergarten is fun and he'd love to be back again but he still isn't sure if his parents would take him to the kindergarten again on the next day.

 

"Taeminnie!" Taemin turns around to find his Appa standing by the door, his arms are wide open welcoming his son to his embrace. "awww Appa misses you buddy. Did you have fun?"

 

"A lot!" Taemin squeals, his appa holds him up "we'll be here again tomorrow right?"

 

"yes honey." Taemin gives his appa a kiss on the cheek. The man scans the room as his eyes meet both Soojung and calmer Minho "Oh hey Soojung!" Jonghyun puts Taemin down as he goes to hug his old friend.

 

 

"hi Jonghyun long time no see"

 

"yeah. Actually Jinki told me that Minho also goes to here. I'm really glad our kids are also friends now"

 

 Soojung watches his son helps Taemin to get the drawing equipments into his bag, and how Minho had pinched Taemin's cheeks in the middle of putting the things inside, "for now. I don’t think they'd stay friends forever honestly"

 

Jonghyun frowns, "huh? Why so?"

 

"they'll be much more than that" Soojung signaling Jonghyun to turn around so the elder could see how Minho and Taemin are interacting to each other. Minho is kneeling in front of Taemin as he helps the younger to tie his shoes, Taemin giggles as he ruffles Minho's hair playfully.

 

 

The boys are sad that they have to be away from each other. But Soojung had promised to let Minho call Taemin after dinner that night. Jonghyun also agreed right away.

 

"bye Minho hyung! I'll see you tomorrow" Taemin shouts as he watches the elder's car drives away from the building.

 

Jonghyun smiles at his son's action, oh how it reminds him of how him and his husband used to be during their earlier days way before they were married.

 

"let's go home buddy, I'll buy you ice cream"

 

"woah really appa? Minho hyung's mom also wants to buy him ice cream maybe we could meet them at the ice cream place!"

 

"you just can't stop talking about Minho hyung, can you honey?" Jonghyun ruffles his youngest son's hair lovingly.

 

Taemin giggles before continuing his story about his and Minho hyung's day to his appa as soon as the car drives away from the kindergarten and making its way to their home.

 

He just can't wait for tomorrow to come. 

 


Finally finished! 

I'm sorry it took so long to complete this one. I'm too overwhelmed by the college stuffs as this is my 3rd (almost 4th) year of college.

Also, I'm sorry if this really rushed. I want to make this as simple as it is in my head so yeah hehehe

also, I havent proof read this one :( I'll do it as soon as I can.

and again, thank you for leaving the comments and upvoting and subscribing. really, thank you! 

 

ask me anything on my ask.fm