4

Sparks Fly

The teacher introduced herself as Miss Anna, Taemin had squealed over the name, he thinks the name Anna is so cute (but really, everything is cute for the 4 year old). Miss Anna shows the way to their respective lockers where they can put their belongings before entering the class. Minho, still being shy, can only following his teacher and his new found friend from behind. Taemin talks with their teacher along the way, telling her how much he had looked forward to this day. It still amazes Minho how the 4 year old always has something to talk about with basically everyone.

 

"Taemin ah!" a boy runs to Taemin with his arms open wide, Taemin reciprocates the action and they're both hugging in no time. Minho watches them behind their teacher timidly.

 

"Jongin ah! We're going to be classmate!" now the boys are jumping around. Miss Anna can only shake her head over the two overly-energetic boys in front of her. Minho watches bewilderedly, he imagines what it is like to hug Taemin like that.

 

"Ah! Minho hyung!" Taemin calls the older boy before he pulls his arm to meet Jongin "Minho hyung, this is Jongin and he's 4 like me. Uhm, Jongin this is Minho hyung, he's 5 so he's our hyung"

 

"Hi Minho hyung!" Jongin suddenly envelopes him with a hug which leaves the eldest by surprise. One thing people need to know about this friend of Taemin; Kim Jongin is that he loves to hug people.

 

"You scared him!" Taemin warns and pull Minho away from Jongin. Jongin pouts and Minho has to stop himself from squealing out loud because pouting Jongin is so cute!

 

Miss Anna points at the seats the boys should be taking. It's a rectangular table with 6 little chairs surrounding it. Tugging Minho in his left wrist, Taemin leads their way to their seats. Originally, Minho was about to pulled Jongin's wrist as well but decided not to do it, thinking Jongin might not like it. Taemin and Jongin want to be seated with Minho, the boy is obviously flattered but still he doesn’t want Taemin and Jongin to fight over him. So, he tells the boys he can sit in the middle and that would make them sit "beside Minho hyung"

 

Few minutes later, there are another boys come to sit at their table. The one boy whose eyes reminded Taemin of Mrs. Choi from across his house's cat, introduces himself as Kim Kibum, he is also 5 just like Minho. And another one with his wide eyes (even wider than Minho's), is Do Kyungsoo, he's 4 just like Taemin and Jongin. Another thing that Minho learns about Taemin that day is that, the younger boy is in charge of everything, like everything, and introducing his friends is included in it. Not that Minho complains though.

 

"I'm Taemin and he's Jongin, we're four just like Kyungsoo. And Minho hyung is five like Kibum hyung. Nice to meet you" both Kibum and Kyungsoo smile at them.

 

After making sure everyone is in their seats, Miss Anna stands in front of the class.

 

"Good morning class!" she greets, smiling so bright. She loves handling the class of new kids. Despite the mess they usually make, the cute laughs from the little kids always brighten up her days.

 

Expecting to be greeted back, the kids only staring back at her. Well, most of them since the little sunshine called Lee Taemin, greets her back as loud as his little throat could possibly scream "Good Morning Ms.Anna!"

 

And that's also one other thing his parents ever taught him too, to greets back when someone greets you.

 

"Thank you Taeminnie! When someone greets you, you supposed to greet back."

 

"okaaaayyy Ms.Anna!!" the class shout in the same time.

 

They're first course of the day (and of the kindergarten) is too make friends with each other in the class. Since the five of them already know each other, they decided to scramble around the room to make friends with others from different tables. Kibum and Kyungsoo are the one who get up first and walk to the table beside theirs, Jongin follows along.

 

Taemin gets out from his seat and grabs Minho's hand, startling the older boy. Minho follows along because again, he isn't sure someone will come to him nor he knows how to make friend with the other kids.

 

Both of them meet Woohyun and Sunggyu; which also seemed like best friend like him and Jongin, also Sooyoung and Yoona. As you already expected, Taemin is the one who does all the talking. While the shy Minho, he only joins somewhere along the conversation. From their conversation, Minho is thrilled to meet Woohyun who likes soccer as much as he does. Taemin suggests they could play soccer during the recess, which the boys agree to it.

 

"Jongin is good at soccer as well hyung. Even better than me, but don’t tell him" they are walking back to their seats after the teacher announced the bounding time is over.

 

"Hmm I guess, you can ask him right?"

 

Taemin raises an eyebrow "Hyung? He's right beside you. You should tell him"

 

"but what if he doesn't want me being the one to tell him?" Minho tells Taemin shyly.

 

"why would he? Jongin is nice…Kibum hyung you like soccer?" Taemin's attention already shifted to Kibum.

 

Minho thinks he could try to ask him, Jongin is nice anyway. Seeing Jongin is too immersed in his coloring book, Minho doesn’t think it's a good idea. But they need more people to play soccer, so he taps Jongin's shoulder carefully.

 

"Jongin-ah?"

 

Jongin sets his coloring pencils down and turns to Minho "Yes, Minho hyung?"

 

"Jongin uhm you want to play soccer with us during recess?" Minho mentally pats himself on the back for not wavering while asking the younger boy.

 

Jongin thinks for a while, "can we ask Kyungsoo hyung too?"

 

"Me?" Kyungsoo peeks from his coloring book at the mention of his name.

 

"Ah yes, uhm Kyungsoo you want to play soccer with us?" Minho asks

 

"Yeah, why not? You play too Jongin?" Jongin nods eagerly.

 

"Great! We have enough players now. I'm so excited!" Minho clasps his hand, excitement gets all over him. He can't wait until recess and play with his new friends.

 

"Minho hyung you're so cute!" Jongin squeals while pinching Minho's cheeks.

 

"Ya Jongin stop pinching Minho hyung's cheek!!"

 

 

Ms.Anna had lent them a ball from the PE teacher so they can play soccer on their kindergarten's playground. The playground isn't that spacious so they've been told to be careful as they might hurt the other if they kick the ball too hard.

 

There are 7 of them, and since Sunggyu offers to be the referee for the game, they are divided in 3-3 team. Both Minho and Woohyun are the team captain for each group and they have to pick their players. Minho chooses Taemin and Kibum while Woohyun has Jongin and Kyungsoo in their team.

 

Sunggyu blows the whistle, and the ball is being kicked in no time. Both of the teams are eager to snatch the ball from one another and passed it to another person in their team who is close to their makeshift goalpost from rocks being stacked with one another. Sunggyu makes sure no one plays roughly or cheat during the game.

 

The last whistle is being blown signing the game is finally over, both teams are tie with 2:2. They shake hands with each other just like a professional player they usually see on TV.

 

At the door, Ms.Anna welcoming the kids while holding a pack of tissues. Knowing the kids must be covered in sweats.

 

"How was the game, guys?" Ms.Anna asks while helping the kids to wipe their sweats.

 

"Great! We tied though but that's okay" Jongin explains. The teacher hums in response, still wiping their sweats.

 

"Now go grab your lunch, we're going to eat!"

 

"Yay!"