oo9 END Part I

Nail Shop Paradise

Sorry for very late chapter. I know I always with my timing. Since the last chapter is so long I decided to split it into two chapters. Enjoy!~
 



“And to further celebrate Paradise Nails six month anniversary, our hard working staff will perform a few acts for you all.” The mass of customers in the lobby applauded as Minhyuk wrapped up his opening speech. Sohyun couldn’t believe she and the shop had survived up until this point. The constant fear that she would be suddenly fired or that Minhyuk would just close the shop for good out of anger kept her in doubt. It wasn’t until he suggested they hold a special ceremony for succeeding in such a short amount of time that Sohyun realized that she had solidified her spot as an employer in Paradise Nails and that the shop wouldn’t be going anywhere for a long time. Both her financial gain and career stabilized her as a productive citizen.

“Changsub, HWAITING.” She cheered with words of luck as Changsub along with Eunkwang and Peniel prepared to perform in the middle of the lobby where they made an opening as a stage. Changsub nodded but looked embarrassed and had to be nudged by Eunkwang to get into character for the part. The trio performed a comedy skit that drew out laughs from the whole shop. Sohyun watched from the break room and peeked through the curtains to glance at the show.

“Noona, wish me good luck.” Sungjae was next and eager for his turn. He pulled Sohyun in for a hug, calling her his good luck charm.
“Yah, Sungjae!” Changsub roared trying to get to the break room but not quick enough. Sungjae scurried off with a smile like he knew he did something bad and proceeded to sing “My Girl” like his life depended on it. Changsub wasn’t impressed. Sohyun could only smile and feel anxious. Her turn was afterwards. Eunkwang handed her a bottle of water, a simple gesture where he showed no sign of interest in his face but Sohyun knew it was his way of telling her to relax.
He asked her, “What type of performance will you be giving anyway, Sohyun?”
She still wasn’t used to him saying her name. He’d been doing it ever since he watched Sungmin for her. Before then he’d refer to her as “nuisance”, “ugly”, “hey you” or not at all.
“I’m playing guitar.” Changsub and Peniel ooh’d at her, prying their interests into the conversation.

“I didn’t know you played the guitar.” Changsub spoke like an excited little child. Everyone seemed to notice how he tended to exaggerate his words when he spoke to Sohyun. The boys couldn’t figure out if he was trying to be nice for the sake of the job or if he was just being creepy. Most voted on the latter.

“Hyunsik is doing a guitar solo as well.” Peniel stated cueing Hyunsik to finally join the conversation.

“Only it isn’t a solo.” He corrected.

“We’re a duo.” Sohyun finished. The remaining three could only blink. “I took secret lessons from Hyunsik for a month.”
“She was a great student so teaching her was easy. Ah, looks like we’re up.”
“Let’s go.”

Sohyun secured her pink guitar and exited the break room. Before Hyunsik could follow suit a menacing grip squeezed his arm. Changsub’s eyes suddenly looked soulless and he pleaded with his co-worker,

“Hyunsik…friend…there isn’t anything going on between the two of you, is there?”

Hyunsik’s eyes smiled before he did. “We just have a good student/teacher relationship. Excuse me.” Changsub could only relax while the other male joined his counterpart in the lobby and began their acoustic duet. Hyunsik lead the vocals racking in a whole fan café worth of people to his fandom before the end of the first verse and Sohyun broke down with a soft and melodic rap at the hook. Changsub watched from the break room and flinched when Eunkwang brushed up against his back and whispered in his ear,

“You do know that Hyunsik used to date his teachers, right?”

Changsub’s eyes went soulless again.

The performances were over and the staff began their fifty percent off service. A flock of older women entered the shop gathering looks from many. Sohyun recognized them right away.

“Omo, there she is, she really is here.” A loud woman spoke and the others began to cheer. Sohyun approached them with Minhyuk bowing as their first address.

“How in the world did all of you come together and find me?” Sohyun practically shouted the words in excitement. Minhyuk was still confused wondering why there were a bunch of older women, older than usual, in his shop.

“Of course we had to find you, you’re the best in the business.” One of them whined. “How could we give our business to all those other money grubbers that do such horrible jobs when you’re good at it and you need the money more than anyone?”

“Ehh, I’m not that poor.”

Minhyuk cleared his throat and Sohyun flinched realizing she forgot to introduce her boss.

“Mr. Lee, these are my customers from the previous shops I used to work at. They tend to think they’re my fans more than loyal customers sometimes.” She joked embarrassed but shed some truth to her statement. “Ladies, this is Mr. Lee, my boss and the owner of Paradise Nails.”

They threw out a bunch of “aigoos” and coddled him with cheek pinches and compliments.

“Thank you for taking care of our hard working Kkwonsso. You’re so handsome you should get married soon. Our Kkwonsso would make a lovely bride. Now where do we sign up to have our turn with the best nail tech?”

Minhyuk shyly gestured them over towards Peniel who’d been looking with building eyes and a slight smile. He glanced over at Sohyun who could only apologize through her sheepish smile.