New beginnings

A dark night

I ray of light crawls across the white painted wall of the bed room. Morning has come. The rising sun lights the room in shades of purple, orange and finally white daylight. He carefully beds Sehun on his bed, drapes the blanket over him and kisses him as soft as possible on the lips, like a butterfly resting on a petal. It’s not a forever goodbye my dear. We will see each other soon. Take care and stay healthy, love. He whispers in the younger’s ear before he takes a last snapshot into his memory of the sweetly sleeping Sehun in his bed, where no one ever was allowed on. Slowly he reaches into his pocket to take out an envelope, a last gift, an explanation to Sehun why he is doing what he is doing, regardless of all consequences. He places it next to his head under the pillow. Without turning again he sneaks out of the room and closes the door quietly. After leaving out a deep breath he tries to gather his strength and makes his way to the closet, where he already had packed his suitcase, ready to leave. In the kitchen he sits down beside Suho, who is having a cup of coffee. You told him? Yes, he had a breakdown, but he finally fell asleep. Please let him rest for today and don’t let him exhaust himself in the next few weeks. He will work extra hard to get over his painful feelings – he is like me. You know I would have handled it differently, if I could? I know, don’t worry too much Luhan. You tried all you could. Don’t ever blame yourself for something you can’t do anything about! Just be there for the fans and don’t let yourself down! You know I love you hyung, right? In an overwhelming feeling of loss, Suho embraces Luhan. You were a wonderful member of EXO and we are all grateful for having you walking along this path with us from the start. Go your own way, stay true to yourself and keep your chin up! You will always have a place in our hearts, you know, Lulu, stay strong for us and for our fans! Thank you so much for your words Suho, you were a great leader to me and I appreciate all what you have done! I will miss you and the guys A LOT! I have to go now to catch my flight. My plane is leaving in four hours and I have to stop by the court. Please say a goodbye to all and …. I know, don’t worry about him, I will take good care of Sehun and we will go easy on him, I promise you… Luhan’s eyes were sparkling because of upcoming tears. A warm last embrace and Luhan takes his suitcase to the front door. It is early morning and no one is up. It is good that he doesn’t have to face their manager and to have said a silent goodbye to all of the members during the last days. It would hurt too much and all would be tearing, especially the younger ones, Kai and Tao. It is not easy leaving your second family… and your love…

With a click the door to the dorm closes and Luhan heads into his new stage of life, he opens a new chapter of his very own book.