Chapter 2

Do You Remember?

Taehyung can’t believe what he just heard. He grabs Yeonri’s hand tighter and makes Yeonri in pain.

“Yah! It’s hurt. Let my hand go!” she screamed but Taehyung won’t let her go. He looks into Yeonri’s eyes with mixed feelings.

“Nuna, do you really not remember me?” his voice’s shaking.

“What must I remember? I don’t even know you.”

That words from Yeonri strikes to Taehyung’s heart. He feels like being hit by thunder. How come she says that she’s not know him when they’ve met twice before. They’re even exchange their name.

Seeing that Ahyoung rushed from inside of class to take Yeonri in. “Yeonri-ya, let’s go to our class. Jung Teacher will come soon.” Then she whispers to Taehyung, “Meet me on rooftop at lunchbreak.”

 

 

Taehyung’s eyes can’t move from the clock in his classroom. His ears can’t understand what the teacher says, his mind filled with Yeonri’s reaction before. He still didn’t understand why she acts like that, and why her friends ask him for meeting on rooftop.

“Damn! When will the bell rings?” he cursed in his mind.

When the bell finally rings he closes his book immediately and leaves his desk, but Jungkook stops him before the door.

“Where are you going, Taehyung? Let’s go to cafetaria together with Jimin.”

Taehyung smiles to him, “I’ll pass. I have something to do right now.” Then he left Jungkook behind with a big sigh.

“I think it’s just two of us, Jimin.” Jungkook lowered his head while approaching a tiny boy called Jimin, then his eyes caught something at Taehyung’s desk. “Oh, damn. He forgets his wallet.”

 

 

Ahyoung’s sitting and looking at blue skies when Taehyung came. He rubs the back of his head and then walks towards Ahyoung with his hand in his pocket. He put on cold face as his habit when facing someone older than him. He don’t want to be looked down just because he’s young.

“Now, what do you want to tell me?” he tries to be calm.

Ahyoung stands up and faces that tall boy, “Do you really know Yeonri?”

He curl his eyebrows, “Yes. I know her.”

“Where did you meet her? How many times?”

He really confused now. He though he’ll get explanation about Yeonri’s act that morning, but why does he be interviewed right now.

“We met at riverside near this school, for about two times. And...” he hesitates, “...several times before that. What does this all means?”

Ahyoung takes a deep sigh and lowers her head, “I’m sorry about her reaction to you this morning. But she really doesn’t mean it. She has a condition.” Then she checks Taehyung eyes, “I hope you don’t take it into your heart.”

“I don’t understand at all.”

“Do you like her?”

“Do I have to like her to get an explanation? Tell me properly, about EVERYTHING” Taehyung can’t hold his anger because Ahyoung keeps asking him without gives a proper explanation.

“I think I don’t have choice but to tell you everything.” Ahyoung sits down and pats a space beside her, asking Taehyung to sit too. “She has problem with her memory. She don’t have problem to memorize lessons and everything but people’s faces and names. She can’t remember someone unless that person has space in her heart. Not only someone that she really loved, but also someone that hurt her. If she really love or hate someone, she won’t be able to forget them. The bad side is when she has to break up with her boyfriend, she won’t be able to forget him for a long time. That’s mean she’ll hurt until her feeling toward him change.”

“That’s really nonsense.” Taehyung can’t believe that story.

“But that’s the fact.” Ahyoung stands up, “If you want to see that by your own, follow me to cafetaria.”

 

 

Not like his usual self, Chanyeol doesn’t say any words. His eyes explore Taehyung’s figure from head to toe. He shows that he doesn’t like Taehyung’s presence in their table. Taehyung feels the pressure but his eyes only looks towards Yeonri. Yeonri tries to avoid eye contact with Taehyung, and that makes the atmosphere around that table become really awkward.

“I... I’ll leave first.” Kyungsoo takes his tray and leaves. Jongdae looks very sorry towards Kyungsoo.

“So...” Chanyeol starts to talk, “...why does this punk have to sit with us here?”

“Can’t I, Sunbae?” Taehyung shows his cold face. He really dislike when someone give an unpleasant look like what Chanyeol do.

“Aah, of course you can.” Jongdae tries to avoid fight between these two. “So, I think you’re middle school boy that talks with Yeonri at riverside that time, right?”

“Ne, Hyung. That time you pick up Yeonri Nuna.” Taehyung puts on sweet smile immediately. Jongdae’s mood rises up, seems like he like Taehyung.

“Omo, I’m so sorry, my sister hurts your heart. She really can’t remember people’s face and name. Even now, she often call Chanyeol’s name wrong.” Jongdae can’t stop his mouth until Chanyeol stares scaryly at him because that makes Yeonri really shy.

“Jongdae-ya!” finally she can look at Taehyung’s face, “I’m sorry. I really don’t remember you.”

His heart still hurts, but he only can accept the fact that Yeonri can’t remember him. “It’s okay, Nuna. Ahyoung Nuna has told me everything.” He looks at Yeonri’s eyes and smiles, “I just have to make you remember me.”

Everyone look at Taehyung with weird feeling. Ahyoung feels something different in Taehyung eyes, but she doesn’t sure with that. Chanyeol looks really uncomfortable and wants Taehyung to leave as soon as possible.

“Taehyung.”

Jungkook suddenly appear before Taehyung. “Ah, I’m sorry sunbae.” He bows towards everyone at that table then hands a black leather wallet to Taehyung. “Here, you forget your wallet. I’m affraid you’ll be in trouble without this.”

“Oh, thank you very much, Jungkook. I owe you.” He shows a sorry expression toward Jungkook.

“Okay, I’ll wait you in class.” Jungkook smiles then leaves after bowing again.

“You’re quite clumsy. As expected you’re still a kid.” Chanyeol sips his last drop juice.

“I’m just a little carefree.” He shows his protest.

“Oh my God! Can’t you two don’t act childish like this? Especially you, Chanyeol. You’re the hyung, okay?” once again Jongdae become a middleman. He doesn’t get why Chanyeol become so childish after meet with Taehyung.

“Stop! Oh my God! You really make my head hurts. Jongdae, please bring Chansoo back to your class. And...” Yeonri looks at Taehyung, try to remember his name but she can’t.

“Taehyung.” Taehyung tell his name like he can read Yeonri’s mind.

“Ah, right. Taehyung, I think you better back to your class now. Next period will starts soon.”

“Ne, Nuna.” Taehyung gets up and leave that table. But a moment later he looks back, then smiles and waves his hand while walking backward.

“Oh my God! He’s weird.” Yeonri pats her forehead.

“You’re weird too! When you’ll learn about my name?” Chanyeol seems angry and leaves first, then Jongdae runs behind him, trying to comfort his heart.

“What’s wrong with you? Why do you angry to me?” she nags towards him, but Chanyeol’ve been too far to hear that. “Why do everyone become weird today?” she change her target to Ahyoung.

“You forget if you’re in same class with him. And you called his name wrong... in front of Taehyung.” Ahyoung sighing.

 

 

After school Yeonri go home by herself. Ahyoung always go home together with her boyfriend, Hong Jonghyun, that graduated this year. Jongdae always go home late because of the singing club that he attends with Baekhyun, and of course she won’t wait him like before. Chanyeol also really busy with student council activity. But that day, she found Taehyung stands at school gate, waiting for her.

“Nuna, do you remember me?” he try to check if she remember him or not.

“You’re... Tae...” she try to remember his name.

“Taehyung, Nuna.” He smiles.

“Ah, right. Taehyung.” She smiles too. Not because of Taehyung’s smile, but because she can remember his name a bit.

“I’m really happy that you remember my name, Nuna. Even it’s just a bit.”

“Isn’t it? I’m not that bad right?” she smiles even happier, then she realize and try to come back to her sense. “By the way, why don’t you go home? Are you waiting for someone?”

“I’m waiting for you, Nuna. Let’s go home together.”

She seems taken aback with Taehyung words, “Why?”

“Why?” Taehyung repeats her.

“I mean, do our house in a same way? I don’t remember seeing you at my way home.”

“You didn’t remember me this morning, Nuna. Of course you won’t remember me walk at same road with you.”

“Ah, really?” she become unsure.

“Anyway, I’ll walk you home no matter what. From what I know, your way back home is a little dangerous.”

“Are you stalking me?” she raises her voice.

“Damn! Why you become like this, Nuna? I want to walk you home, that’s all. Why do you call me stalker?” he lost his control. This Nuna is really hard to persuade.

She smiles awkwardly, realize that she does something wrong. “I’m sorry. But I hardly believe in people. Because I don’t remember who’s do good or bad thing to me.”

“Then...” Taehyung pouts his lips and unconciously does some aegyo, “...do we go home now?”

Yeonri laughs hard looking at Taehyung’s aegyo. She can’t resist him anymore and pats his head. “Alright, we go home now.”

 

 

 

 

I’ve arrived at my home. This is my number. Make sure you save it, okay?

 

Arasseo. But, what’s your name once again?

 

Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. Save it now, or else you’ll forget again.

 

I know, I know. Don’t order me around, okay? I don’t like that.

 

Lol. Arasseo, Nuna.

 

Taehyung can’t loose his smile while looking at his phone. He’s rolling around on his bed, looking at his phone, burries his face onto pillow, then rolling around again. He’s really happy just because of Yeonri’s name on his phone contact.

“I swear to make you never forget me.”

“Taehyung-ah, Mom’s calling you for dinner.” A girl knocks his door.

“Ne, Nuna.” He gets up from his bed to open the door. “You’re home early.”

Before the door Taeyeon smiles and pinches her tall brother’s nose, “Do you want me to be busy at first day in school?”

“No, that’s not what I mean.” He touches his reddens nose, “I think you’ll have a small date with your boyfriend.”

“He has something to do at his home so he didn’t come to singing club.” She sighs, “And where were you going? I think you’ll wait your sister to go home together, but you dissappear.”

“Hehe. Sorry, Nuna.” He smiles, “You remember that girl I always told to you?”

Taeyeon raises one of her eyebrows, “Don’t tell me... you walk her home?”

“And I’ve got her number.” He shakes his phone.

“This punk!” she hits Taehyung’s arm, “You left me just for a girl’s number?”

“You should know me, Nuna.” He rubs his arm, then Taeyeon pats his head.

“But you’ve change. You really didn’t make any fuss like you used to be. Do you enjoy your class?”

He nods, “I’m really happy to school there. I can meet and eat at a same table with her.”

“My, my. You really like her, huh?”

“Something like that. But I still have a long way to go. She’s a little difficult.”

“Fighting, then.” Taeyeon smiles, “Ah, right. I’ve talk to dancing club today. You can ask the form to Lee Hyukjae Teacher or the Club President, Moon Jongup.”

“Thank you, Nuna. I really love you.” He hugs his beloved sister.

 

 

 

 

That day Taehyung runs to Jimin’s desk as soon as he come to his class. He seems like have been chased by a hundred wolf on his way to school. Jimin really shocked but he tries to calm Taehyung down. After gulping a bottle of water that Jimin gave to him, he try to talk.

“Jimin-ah, please change seat with me.” He still tries to arange his breathing.

Jimin open wide his small eyes because of that, “What? I think you’re in some trouble or something terrible! You make my lifespan reduce a quarter. Shirreo! I take this seat first.”

“Please Jimin-ah. I have to sit in your desk.”

“I don’t want to. Why do you take your current seat at first if you want my spot?”

“I...” he try to find some good reason. He don’t want to be laughed because his real intention is so he can see Yeonri when she takes sport class. “I’m feeling my body isn’t good lately. Doctor said that I should get more sunlight. That’s why I need to sit next to window.”

“You’re just talking nonsense. I don’t want to move.” Jimin stubbornly keep his spot because he think that’s the best spot in their class. In front of him was a big built guy that can cover him from teacher’s sight, so he can sleep sneakly in the middle of class.

“Take my seat then.” A prince-like boy behind Jimin’s seat talk to them. “I can’t concentrate to lesson in this seat. Too noisy.”

“Really? You’re the best, Sehun-ah.” Taehyung give his thumb happily.

“No, thanks. Beside that...” Sehun approaches Taehyung’s face, “...I think here has better sight to school field than Jimin’s.”

Taehyung taken aback with Sehun’s statement, “You... how do you...?”

Sehun smiles, “Enjoy this seat then. But please don’t disturb my cousin, okay?”

 

 

 


A/N :

Gosh! I'm trying hard to finish this chapter. To be honest I'm affraid if the plot become too fast and that makes me think twice about the storyline.

Once again, I hope you can enjoy my story and don't forget to give me feedback so I can improve this story.