Chapter 3

Do You Remember?

That day the cafetaria was extremely crowded. Taehyung’s mood become really terrible. Not only because of the amount of people, but also he can’t find Yeonri’s precense there. Jungkook who stands beside him notice about his bad mood friends.

“What’s wrong? Something pissed you up?” he look at Taehyung worriedly.

Taehyung is an introvert person and he don’t like to tell story about himself to other people. But Jungkook is different. Since middle school he only open up his heart to that pretty boy. Jungkook knows everything about Taehyung even the most embarassing one, like where’s the location of every moles Taehyung have. And of course, he knows about Yeonri.

“I think you’re too agressive. Girls will run away if you chase them like a hungry wolf.” Jungkook chuckles after hearing what Taehyung feel.

“Then what should I do? I’m not an expert like you.”

“Here...” Jungkook start to become serious, “...you can’t crash to her continuously. That won’t leave a good impression to her. You should approach her slowly, make your own space in her heart. Remember, a girl is as fragile as crystal lamp.”

As expected from a number one most popular guy at his middle school, Taehyung really can rely on Jungkook. While Taehyung only date one girl in his life, Jungkook already make a river of girls tears that give in their heart to Jungkook.

“I think Jimin’s too slow. I don’t think we can keep his portion.” Jungkook’s worrying about Jimin who take the forms for dancing club. The three of them had agreed to enroll to dancing club together. Then suddenly Jimin comes running with three form sheets in his hand.

“Hey, you won’t believe what I just saw.” His breathing’s panting.

“What’s wrong? Did someone bully you?” Taehyung seems worried about Jimin’s condition.

“No! I mean... he’s here... our hope.” Jimin starts to give a suspicious smile. “J-Hope is here.”

 

 

Taehyung can’t take his eyes away from that figure who dance beautifully in front of him. He’s Jung Hoseok, also known as J-Hope, one of Taehyung’s reason to school there. He’s like a hero for Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook who really love to dance, especially for Taehyung.

“Hyung! You’re really here.” Jimin runs abrubtly and hugs Hoseok as soon as his dance ends.

“Hey, Jimin-ah. Oh, and Jungkook and Taehyung, huh?” he notices Taehyung and Jungkook.

“Long time no see, Hyung.” Taehyung gives his greeting with his fist, and Hoseok punch it lightly.

“You really come here. So, did you still fight with these ‘dogs’?”

Hoseok Hyung seems still remember how they first met. That’s when Taehyung got beaten up by some ‘dogs’ from other school and Hoseok comes to save him. That time Taehyung really like to fight and often involved with some dangerous fight. Then Hoseok come and start to tell him about dance. That makes him forget a bit about fight.

“No, Hyung. I’ve changed.” Taehyung answer him with no doubt.

“I’m glad to hear that. So, I hear you all enrolled to dancing class? It’ll be really fun. How about I treat you jajjangmyeon after school to celebrate our reunion?”

“I hope I can go with you, Hyung. But I can’t today.” Taehyung seems really sorry to his precious hyung. But he need to meet Yeonri at least once a day, and his chance today only to walk her home.

“I know that. You want to walk that Nuna home right?” Jimin teases Taehyung, but Jungkook hits him to close his mouth.

Hoseok seems curious, “Who? Whose Nuna? Ah, right, Taeyeon Nuna is your Nuna.”

“No, Hyung. It’s a weird Nuna who can’t remember someone’s name.” And onve again Jimin got hitted by Jungkook because of his uncontrolable mouth.

“Wait... do you mean Kim Yeonri?” Hoseok’s guessing got stright to Taehyung’s heart and that makes his face become red.

“It.. it’s not like what you think!” Taehyung try to hide his feeling for now because Yeonri’s case is really different. He don’t want to make her burdened with his feelings.

“Don’t worry. I know her, she’s my classmate last year, and yeah, she’s really weird. I won’t misunderstand you with her.” Hoseok pats Taehyung’s shoulder and somehow that annoys him.

“I think you’re the one who misunderstand, Hyung.”

 

 

Just like before, Taehyung waits Yeonri in front of schoolgate. And, yeah, he know if Yeonri would go home alone because Taeyeon said if today singing club has a emergency meeting. Once Yeonri shows up Taehyung calls her, but seems like she already forget him again.

“Do you wait for someone?” Yeonri asks him.

With sad expression he looks at Yeonri, “Nuna, you always forget me right?”

“Ah, I’m sorry. Do we know each other?”

“I’m Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. Do you remember me now?”

Yeonri seems realy shocked and feels sorry towards him. “Omo, I’m sorry. I don’t remember your face. I’m really sorry.”

Taehyung can’t do anything and he realize that his way into Yeonri’s heart still really long. In the end he smiles, “It’s okay, Nuna. You can remember me little by little. Do we go home now?”

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry fo today. I’ll try to remember about you more.

 

It’s okay, Nuna. Take your time. You can’t remember that tall hyung too.

 

Ah, right. That Park giant. Talking about that, I’m really feel sorry to him.

By the way, is it okay to walk me home everyday?

 

You don’t want to, Nuna?

 

No, that’s not what I mean. But, your home is on the opposite way right?

 

I’m okay, Nuna. I’m a man afterall. Don’t worry about me.

 

Just knowing if Yeonry worries about him is enough to make him smile. He understand what Jungkook had said now, he needs to approach her slowly.

“Taehyung-ah, can I come in?” Taeyeon knock his door.

“Ne, Nuna.” He gets up from his bed. Then he sees his sister come with Baekhyun, all dressed up.

“Hey, Taehyung-ah. Are you doing well?” Baekhyun give a fist greeting to Taehyung.

“Who do you talk to, Hyung? I’m always well.” He give Baekhyun a cocky smile. “Do you two going for a date?”

“Not actually. We’ll talk about our club too. You know, summer’s coming.” Taeyeon sighing and then Baekhyun pats her shoulder, feeling her worry.

“Our club become a dark horse for our school summer festival this year, and that’s burdening her so much. So I think we need to refresh our mind a bit.” Baekhyun smiles. “And, are there any progress with your crush?”

Taehyung take a deep breath, “No, it’s still a long way to go. But Jungkook said it’s better to approach her slowly, so I’ll become less agressive now.”

“I’m really curious who’s that girl that can make you become like this.” Taeyeon glancing at her brother.

“I’ll tell you when I get her heart.” He winks at them.

“Alright then. I hope you can get her before summer trip.” Baekhyun and Taeyeon leave that room. Taehyung sends them go with smile.

 

 

 

 

When Taehyung comes to his class he founds that his desk filled with some gift box. He sense something from that gift, but he unsure with that until Jimin tells him.

“Hey, do you remember that Lee Hyeri? She’s on class 1-3. This morning she puts all of this on your desk and warns everyone to not touch it until you come. I think she’s still crazy about you.”

“Damn, that btch. I don’t even want to imagine to be at same school with her again.” Taehyung cleans up all of that box and put them on the back locker. “Hey, all of you can take it! Just don’t show them to my face anymore.”

That time Sehun approach him with a scary face and take one of these gift box. “I’ve said to not distrub my cousin. And, what does it means to give these gifts away to everyone?”

Taehyung isn’t in a good mood because of Hyeri’s gifts and now Sehun suddenly come and talk nonsense to him. “First, I don’t know who’s your cousin so I don’t know if I disturb him or not. Second, I really hate these gifts and person who give me them. If you want, take it all.”

Sehun grabs Taehyung’s collar in anger. “First, you disturb my cousin, Park Chanyeol, by clinging to Kim Yeonri everyday. Second, if you dare to hurt Hyeri’s heart I won’t forgive you.”

He pulls Sehun’s hand from his collar and tidying his uniform. “Do you like Lee Hyeri?”

“Yes! I like her since first I saw her at entrance ceremony.”

“Then take her, because I’m ing hate that btch.” He leaves Sehun to rooftop.

 

 

At breaktime Yeonri’s in the middle of bringing some boxes of document to library. She thinks she can handle them by herself and rejects Chanyeol’s help, but now she regrets it. Because of these boxes she can’t see what’s in front of her very well and accidentally bumped on someone. That’s make her drop these boxes and the documents become a mess.

“Ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t see you. Are you okay?” her expression changes when she know if she bumped with Baekhyun.

“I’m the one who should ask you. Are you okay? Do you need my help?” Baekhyun helps her to collect the documents into the box again.

“I’m okay. You can leave me.”

Baekhyun seems doesn’t satisfy with Yeonri’s reaction. He know if he the one who hurt her heart, but he don’t want her to avoid him. He needs to settle this.

“I can’t leave you. We need to talk.” He grabs yeonri’s hand.

“We don’t need to talk about anything.” Yeonri can’t make eyecontact with him. However, she still love him.

“Please, Yeonri-ah. Let me explain these all.” He begs her.

“You don’t need to explain anything. I’ve got it all.”

“No, you don’t get it. I’m sorry, I really sorry. But you need to hear my explanation.” Baekhyun starts to be a little rough. He grabs her arms and makes her to see his eyes.

“Please, Baekhyun. Can’t you leave me alone?” her eyes start to wet.

“I can’t. You know, my love for you isn’t a fake. But I love Taeyeon Nuna far before I meet you. And the timing is just really wrong.”

Yeonri close his ears with her hands, “I can’t hear anything.”

“Please, don’t be like this.”

“Let me go, Baekhyun.”

“Yeonri-ah!” Baekhyun screamed at her. Yeonri can’t hold his tears anymore. She can hear everything, she understand everything, but her heart is too hurt to accept this all.

At that time Taehyung comes down after skipping the class at rooftop. He hears Baekhyun screamed to Yeonri, but only that. When he sees Yeonri in tears, he runs toward them and pulls Baekhyun’s hands from Yeonri’s arms.

“Yeonri Nuna, what happened to you?” he asks Yeonri but she still hide he face.

“Baekhyun Hyung, what happened to her? Did you two fight foe something? Why does she cry?” he looks at Baekhyun but he’s still in shocks after Taehyung comes.

“Taehyung-ah, do you know Yeonri?” he carefully asks Taehyung.

Taehyung really confuses with this situation. He asks Baekhyun, but why does he asks him back. Then when he looks back at Yeonri, she’s glaring at him with his teary ayes.

“You... and Baekhyun... you two know each other?”