Chapter 1

Do You Remember?

 

“Byun Baekhyun, you idiot!!”

That long red haired girl screamed above the riverside. She cried loudly until his face all red. Her hair like been hit by storm, enough to tell that she’s in heartbreaking state.

“If only you didn’t meet that girl... no, if only I DID’T MEET YOU MORON!!!” she let out her anger by kicking on a can nearby. But then...

KLANNGG . . . . . . .

“OUCHH!! My head!!” someone screaming from down.

“Omo! I’m sorry. I don’t know there’s someone.” she quickly apologize and run to see who she’s been hit.

“What’s wrong with you, Nuna? You screaming like crazy and hit people with can.” an orange coloured hair boy showed from the bushes, touching back of his head.

“I’m sorry, did I hit you really hard?”

“No, it only shocked me actualy. But it’s very rude to distrub someone who’s taking a nap peacefully on the riverside with your screaming and crying.” he start to nagging with unpleasant face. It makes the girl a little annoyed.

“Okay, okay. I know if I’m on wrong side. But it’s rude too to nag over people you meet for the first time. Beside that, I’ve apologized too.”

That boy freezing for a moment, then he his hair and sighing.

“Then let me tell my name to you. My name is Kim Taehyung. Next time please remember this handsome boy and don’t distrub my napping again.” Taehyung offer his hand to the girl.

“Aissh! Such a cocky boy.” The girl looks annoyed but takes Taehyung’s hand in the end. “My name is Kim Yeonri. But I don’t think I’ll be able to remember both your face and name.”

“What?” Taehyung voice pitched up, “You called me rude, cocky boy, and such things, but look at yourself now. You don’t even want to remember someone’s name.”

“It’s not my fault. I have condition.”

“Yeonri-ah!!” someone called Yeonri from above of riverside. “What are you doing there? Mom’s worried about you. Let’s go home.”

“Ne, Jongdae. I’m coming up now.” Yeonri gets up and clears the leftover tears from her face. “You, go home too. You’ll catch a cold if you always sleep outside like this.”

“I’ll go home 10 minutes later. Don’t worry about me.” Taehyung pick the can that hits him before, “Next time, you better tell me about your problems. It’s better than kicking innocent can like this. I’m always here at this hour.”

“What do you know? You’re just a junior high student.” then Yeonri smiles and pats Taehyung’s head, “But, thanks.”

“I’ll be student in your school soon. You better remember me, Nuna.”

Yeonri doesn’t say anything but smiles and leaves Taehyung behind.

 

 

 

 

Sunshine strikes onto Yeonri’s window, but that girl is still rolling in her blanket. Her eyes swollen and become very red. Seems like she’s crying overnight. Jongdae’s knocking her door.

“Yeonri-ah~, have you woke up? It’s 7.00 already. We have to go to school.”

“Nngghh~, leave me alone, Jongdae-ah. I don’t want to go to school today.”

Jongdae opens his twin’s door and pull her blanket, trying to wake her up. “Come on, Yeonri-ah. I’ve heard everything from Ahyoung. You can’t skip school like this.”

Yeonri gives up and get down from her bed, then looking at mirror. “Look at me. My face is really terrible. Get out now! I have to dressed up. I don’t want to become a disaster for my class.” She pushed Jongdae out.

“Okay, okay. Make sure you take care about your eyes. You really look terrible.”

 

 

At school Yeonri can’t smile at all. Her eyes wandering around every corner of her school like searching for ghosts and ready to runaway from them. When she entered her class, she become more relaxed. Her bestfriend, Ahyoung, have waited her in her desk.

“Are you okay, Yeonnie? Did you go home safely yesterday?” Ahyoung checked her bestfriend’s face.

“It’s not like I’m going to commit suicide or anything. That’s idiot.”

“But, in your case...”

“Don’t worry, Ahyoung-ah. Let him with his Kim-something Nuna or whoever she is, just assume that Byun boy don’t get along with Kim Yeonri. Everything’s fine when I forget him.”

“Then, can you face them when you run each other in school?”

Yeonri taken aback with Ahyoung’s question. She know her heart isn’t strong enough to face her cheating ex-boyfriend directly. She’s grateful enough that she and Baekhyun aren’t in same class.

“I don’t know. I just don’t want to meet Baekhyun yet.”

Ahyoung sighing. “I know that. I’m your friend since junior high. I know it’s hard when you still can say his name. But, hey, take the positive side. We’ll have final exam soon, and after that we can have a long vacation. Within that time maybe you can forget him.”

“Ah, you right! I can forget him while taking my vacation. And when we back to school, everything is fine.”

“Yeah, if you want we can have holiday together. Jjong oppa invited me to his villa. You can take Jongdae with you too. And if you lucky enough, maybe you can get new boyfriend.” Ahyoung teases Yeonri and make her a little annoyed.

“No. I don’t want to think about boyfriend for this time. Don’t you dare to bring some random boys and make me date them. You’ll only give me headache.”

“Arasseo. You know if I really love you, right?” Ahyoung hugs Yeonri seeing her bestfriend sulking.

“I love you too, Ahyoungie.”

 

 

When lunch bell rings, Jongdae hurriedly come to Yeonri’s class to pickup her to cafetaria. Fortunately, Yeonri and Ahyoung still in their class.

“Yeonri-ah, Ahyoung-ah, lets go. My stomach’s growling. Eureureong~ eureureong~”

“You go first with Yeonri. I have appointment with Jjongie oppa to have lunch together at rooftop.” Ahyoung showing off her big lunchbox.

“No, I’m going with you, Ahyoungie. I don’t want to go to cafetaria.” Yeonri pulls Ahyoung’s sleeve.

“Come on, Yeonri-ah. Today we’re going with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun have went first with Taeyeon Nuna.”

Yeonri strike her glance to Jongdae, piercing onto his eyes. She looks really angry.

“I’m not going. You can go by yourself. Beside that I don’t like being awkward by having lunch with stranger.”

“Don’t be that pathethic, Yeonri-ah. And don’t call me stranger when we’ve knew each other for two years.” a giant handsome boy entered the class, take part in persuading Yeonri to go to cafetaria.

“I don’t remember being friend with a giant like you.” Yeonri teases that tall guy.

“Hey, I know you have a condition. But at least remember my name, PARK CHANYEOL, okay? Don’t call me with rude thing like giant or stranger.” Chanyeol’s putting his hand on Yeonri’s head.

“Daehyun-ah, can I borrow your history notebook? I have to catch up after going to singing competition for two days.” A familiar voice makes Yeonri freeze. That beautiful voice that she don’t want to hear at this time.

“Damn, that Baekhyun.” Ahyoung mocking him silently.

Yeonri suddenly gets up and grab Chanyeol’s hand. “I’m sorry, that was just joking. Now, lets go to cafetaria, my stomach’s growling. Eureureong~”

“Hey, that’s my line.” Jongdae asking protest.

“Whatever, I’m hungry. Hurry up!” Yeonri dashed as fast as possible followed by Jongdae, Chanyeol, and Ahyoung. Baekhyun only look at them without saying anything.

 

 

Yeonri only dazed to a plate of rice in front of her, not touching it even a bite. Jongdae only sighing, Chanyeol eats his lunch with uncomfortable feel, while a tiny black haired boy named Kyungsoo became really awkward with the atmosphere.

“Umm, I think I’ll leave first. I have something to do.” Kyungsoo takes his tray and leave the table.

After Kyungsoo left, Chanyeol take initiative to talk. “You’re too much, Yeonri-ah. Don’t bring your heartbreaking mood everywhere and make people around you awkward.”

“Eh? Ah, ye. I’m sorry Chankyu.” Yeonri shocked and start to scoop her meal. But her hand’s still sleeping and dropped her spoon to her skirt.

“Look at you! I’ve always said to you to be carefull. You have a habit to be blank all of sudden and do something dangerous.” Chanyeol quickly go to Yeonri’s side, take her spoon from the floor, and help her wipe her skirt. “And what’s wrong with Chankyu? It’s sound really stupid. Here, look at my nametag. Park Chanyeol, okay?”

“Ah, ye. I’m sorry, Chanyeol.” Yeonri seems shy after calling Chanyeol’s name wrong.

“Here, take my bread. You seems don’t have any appetite towards your meal.” Chanyeol hands a chocolate bread to Yeonri then put aside her plate.

“But you don’t have to...” Yeonri try to return the bread but Chanyeol keep it in her hand.

“Just eat it, okay?” his eyes strike deep into Yeonri’s eyes.

Yeonri finally gives up and open the bread unwillingly. “Why?”

“Pardon?” Chanyeol lift up one of his eyebrow.

“Why do you being so nice to me? I might not able to remember your name, but I’m sure with my memory of you always doing everything and very nice to me.”

Chanyeol smiles and pats Yeonri’s hair, “Why? Can’t I being nice to my friend?”

“But you always do something that even my twin won’t do for me.”

“Hey, should you bring me over this?” Jongdae show his protest for being dragged suddenly.

“It’s true. He’s always being nice to me, when my twin just nagging over me.”

“Yah! Why you do this to me? You make me sounds really bad.” Jongdae starts sulking. Chanyeol only laugh at this twins.

“Jongdae actualy really nice to you too, but you can’t see it because you always beside him.”

Yeonri starts to smile and her face become more bright, “I hope you’re actually my oppa.”

“Yeonri-ah! You’re mean!” Jongdae’s make Chanyeol and Yeonri laugh really hard. Seeing them laugh Jongdae can’t hold his laughter anymore.

“Jongdae-ah, can I talk to you after school?” suddenly an unwanted person shows and make their laugh stop. Yeonri’s so shock and can’t control her facial expression, especially seeing a girl that she calls “Kim Something Nuna” beside him.

“Oh, damn! Can’t you wait until we’re in class?” Jongdae whispered to Baekhyun.

“I can’t, because I need to meet Yeonri too.” He looks at Yeonri. She avoids to do eye contact with Baekhyun. It’s really hard because they just break up a day before. Chanyeol seems a little angry.

“What do you want from her?” Chanyeol ask in case Yeonri can’t talk to Baekhyun.

“I need to make everything clear.” Baekhyun try to find Yeonri’s eyes to beg to her, “Please?”

“Enough, Baekhyun! Can’t you give her some time?” Chanyeol try to end this seeing Yeonri’s anxiousness.

“But...”

“Okay, I’ll meet you after school. So, can you leave us for this moment please?” Jongdae wraps everything up to avoid any stupid fight. Baekhyun nod and leave with Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

Yeonri sits on the riverside where she met with Taehyung before. She’s been there for about an hour and what she does is only crying. Taehyung just came and hurriedly come to Yeonri with worried face.

“Nuna, what happened to you?”

Yeonri lift her face and shocked when she sees Taehyung, “You... Middle school boy... yesterday...”

“You really don’t remember my name. I’m Kim Taehyung.”

“Ah, right. Taehyung-ssi.”

“What happened? You seems more terrible than yesterday.”

“Why do you care about me?”

“You don’t want me to care about you? Okay, I’m leaving. Cry as much as you want.” Taehyung gets up and walk away, but Yeonri grabs his uniform.

“I’m sorry. Please stay here.” Yeonri beg to him. When Tehyung sits beside her, she starts to tell him everything.

“That’s really mean. You only dated for 5 months and he’ve cheated on you for 2 months? He’s not a man. If it’s me, I won’t do that. I’ll never cheated on you.” His bluffing make Yeonri laugh an she pats Taehyung’s hair.

“What a sweet words boy. You’ll be able to catch many of girls your age.”

“Hey, don’t treat me like a child. I’ll be a high school student soon.” He removes Yeonri’s hand from her head, “On your school, okay?”

“Really? Then make sure you greet me.”

“Why? You don’t want to greet your junior first?”

Suddenly Yeonri’s phone rings and she ask permission to pick up the call.

“Ne. Ne, Eomma. I’ll go home now.” She hangs up, “I have to go home now. My mom worried about me.”

Taehyung seems don’t want it and still want to talk longer. He pouts and looks away.

“Hey, come on. That’s why you’re still a boy.” She teases him.

“Don’t call me ‘boy’. I’ll come to your school soon.”

“Then go home too. Study and prepare for entrance test. Final exam will come soon.”

“Yeah, that’s mean I can’t meet you after this.”

Yeonri laughs over his saying, “Do you like me?”

Taehyung’s face becomes red and he quickly denies it, “N-no... how come I can like you?”

“Then go home. Your parents will worry about you.”

“Okay, okay. You’ll not able to say anything to me when I come to your school. Wait for me, Nuna.”

Yeonri only smiles to him and then leaves. Taehyung walks home too then he hit his forehead, regretting something that seems important.

“Damn! I forget to ask her number.”

 

 

 

 

Entrance ceremony have  finished. Taehyung looks different in his new uniform. Every sophomore have crowded together based on their class, but Taehyung still wander around, looking for something.

“Taehyung-ssi, let’s go to our class.” A handsome boy calls him.

“You can go first, Jungkook-ssi. I’ll come later.” Then he leave the school hall, go to 2nd floor where 2nd grade class is. He peek into every class, looking for someone. Then his eyes catch a familiar figure in front of class 2-2.

“Nuna!” he approaches that long red haired girl, but the girl seems don’t react to him. He grab her hands and make her shocks. “Nuna! Why don’t you reply me?”

That girl still froze from shock. She really looks confused and can’t say any words. Taehyung’s sure if this girl is Yeonri, but why does she react like this. He senses something wrong.

“Come on, Yeonri Nuna. Don’t act as if you meet me for the first time.”

She becomes more confused and a little affraid, then try to let her hand off. “Who are you? Why do you know my name?”