Hit by a Ton of Bricks

Opposites Attract

 

Chapter 4.

Key's POV

    I stared at the ceiling while I laid in my bed. I still regreted the things I told GD before leaving the store. No matter how good Jongie was to me I couldn't let go of that depressed look GD had. I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom rubbing my eyes trying to wake up. I looked in the mirror and furrowed my eyebrows, stuck out my tongue, slapped my cheeks, and splashed water on my face. I looked at the clock, 4 a.m.?!? This was not good beauty sleep. I figured since I couldn't get any sleep anyway I might as well get a head start on dying my hair for the next music video. After putting the dye in and letting it set I decided to rinse it off in the shower. The brownish black water that ran down my body from the hair dye reminded me of the darkness that I felt over my own guilty actions. Darkness was just a nice way to feel right now. I sat down in the shower and let my mind wander as the warm water poured down washing away my sorrows. At least I wish it could. I heard the door open and I jumped up in the shower and almost slipped and fell.
"Who is it?!"
"It's just me." I heard the soft lovely sounds of my tired little puppy.
"What are you doing up so early?"
"I could ask you the same thing. I got worried, you haven't been yourself lately. Then all of a sudden I found myself in an empty bed and rather disappointed."
"Sorry, I couldn't sleep so I figured I could get a head start to the day."
"Ok. You should take a nap after your shower we have a big day and no sleep is not healthy."
"Ok, I'll try."
    I heard the door shut behind him. Though I was sad and confused I still loved hearing his voice, even when full of concern. I hurriedly finished my shower and got out. After drying off and getting changed I walked out to the living room and layed down on the couch with my head on Jongie's lap. He's been too pushy lately and I can't give him reason to have suspicions.
"I think I liked the blond on you more."
"It's just for the music video." Personally I liked the black hair more; It brought out the beauty in my eyes, more so than before, and defined my face beautifully. Especially when curly. Puppie Jongie my hair as I closed my eyes to rest. I only had my eyes shut for a few minutes before my phone buzzed. I ignored it the first time. Who would be contacting me at 5:30 a.m. My manager doesn't even message that early. Another minute passed and my phone buzzed again.
"You might want to answer it. It could be important." Jonghyun made me sit up and get uncomfortable because he knew I'd just close my eyes again. I grabbed my phone and looked at the messages. They were all from my manager and all very worried. 'What's going on?' 'Are you okay?' 'What did you do?' Then there was a message saying 'Explain this...' with a link to OhMyNewsDotCom. I opened up the link and saw the title, 'GD reveals Key's true Identity'. I scrolled down and the farther I scrolled the more tears whelled up in my eyes.
"I'M GONNA KILL HIM!" I shouted a bit too loud. I hope I didn't wake up the other members. Jongie looked at me concerned.
"What? What happened?!"
    I showed him the article explaining how I'm a fake, hatefull, little . Not only was the article directed at me but GD is the one that told them these horrible things. I may have been sorry about what I said before but that was to one person at least, NOT THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!! I am not sorry anymore. I would not be caught dead talking to him. I never want to see him again. I hate him. I hate his damn pretty face. I hate his beautiful laugh. I hate that he likes fashion. He's the one that is a fashion fake! I HATE HIM! Getting hit with all these emotions was causing me to cry. Thank god I haven't done my makeup yet. I can only take so much in one morning. Jongie tossed my phone on the couch and pulled me in for a hug and held of tight. I embraced it for the moment, I really needed this. I was full of so much hate and sadness, I didn't know what to feel. After a moment I felt weak and I became more angry than sad. I wiped my tears and gently pushed Jonghyun off of me. I didn't want him to think that I didn't appreciate the gesture, I just needed to stand on my own right now.
"What do you want me to do to him?" Jonghyun asked me seeming a little to excited to kick some .
"Nothing. I'm going to confront him and make him tell them that he didn't mean it." I gritted my teeth at the thought, but I wanted this to end and for things to return back to normal. Before G-Dragon ever came into the picture.
"What? You're not even going to tell the paparazzi that GD is a heartless bastard that shouldn't be trusted." I bowed my head and began to walk to the bedroom; I needed more sleep and I didn't feel like arguing with him right now about wrongs and rights. He grabbed my arm halfway through the hall.
"I'm sorry okay. Let's just get some more sleep and we'll figure this out with the rest of the group.
    After a couple of -not enough hours- of sleep we sat out in the living room with the rest of the group. I showed them the harsh article and explained my previous encounters with GD, being vague on the details for Jonghyun. Minho and Taemin both hugged me and though I appreciated the gesture I wasn't really in the mood right now, but they gave the warmest and sweetest hugs so I let it continue; also in an effort to not sadden them too. Onew looked quite upset and almost outraged that someone would say such things about one of his dongsaengs. As expected he seemed very angry but I don't believe I have seen this side of him too often. The only other time I can think of is when someone eats the last of his chicken. I'm just as important as chicken to Onew, that is so flattering and probably the highest honor.
Then our leader spoke up, "Well you're not going to see him alone."
"I understand your concern but I don't want him to feel attacked either, with five of us and one of him. That would look bad on our part."
"Then it'll just be me and you."
"Wait!" Jonghyun butted in, "Why can't I go with Key."
"Jonghyun, I understand you want to be there for him but especially if someone sees I don't want assumptions going around that the SHINee members are attacking back. I want the leader to be seen to explain the situation. It at least seems less suspicious."
Jonghyun didn't like it but he understood. We had our manager find out about GD's schedule to make sure we'd have an opening to express our..."concern". We got ready to go and I decided to leave the makeup off the eyes today. I was in a hurt state anyway and if for any reason I ended up crying, there was no way I was gonna have darkness streams running down my face. Two words, not...hot. Onew declared territory on his thai chicken leftovers to the other members, we said goodbye, and headed out the door.

 

~~~~~~~

Kait - 'mmmmm chicken'