A New Look

Dream Catcher

 A New Look

 

The next day, while I was walking to school I saw Beak getting in his car. I was going to continue walking and ignore, but he called my name.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

I looked at his direction again and waved to him which led him to run over to me “Why are you walking to school, aren’t you rich too”

 

“I prefer walking; it’s like a morning exercise you know”

 

“You’re really something Park Chanyeol” He said half joking.

 

“Well you can join me, it’s only 10 minutes away walking” I invited.

 

He took seconds to answer back and said “Okay then, wait I will tell the driver I will walk with ya”

 

He ran off to the driver, he took longer time than expected. He looked like he was begging for something. What the hell is this? “BEAK!” I shouted at the boy to come. He said one last word before running back to me.

 

“What took you so long?” I asked.

 

“My parents disapprove me walking to school or back home” he said with a fake smile.

 

“And why is that?” I asked again and started walking.

 

“Well, I don’t know. They say I might get lost or something l-ike that” he answered hesitatingly.

 

“Seriously!!” I said astonished by what he just said “man your sixteen, give me a real reason not that lame one, I can tell it’s a lie”

 

“Okay okay, I will tell you” he said changing his facial expressions to a serious one “Don’t dare to laugh, I will never talk to you if you did” I started smiling automatically ready to laugh at what he will say “I am serious” he spoke slowly with a deadly tone. I putted on a poker face and cleared my voice.

 

Looks like I don’t have another choice “Okay promise I won’t laugh”

 

“So one day I was walking back from school, it was last year. I didn’t ride my car that day, I just wanted to walk. While walking I saw a man dancing with swords and playing with fire; it was a street show” he started.

 

 I started to smile while he was talking getting how this will end. He just gave me a dirty look and continued talking anyway.

 

“I stopped to watch him like other people did. Then a guy came to me and gave me a heavy bag saying that he is in a rush and will come back to get it after five. I thought he needed help so I agreed and continued watching the show, I didn’t know what was in the bag. Only half a minute passed before a couple of police officers grabbed me from my shoulder, one of them took the bag from me and the other  held my hands and putted it behind my back in a fast move. I was so scared and didn’t know what the hell I should do”

 

 Beak stopped telling for a while. The school was getting closer as we talk and I wanted to hear the rest of the story.

 

“And… what happened?” I asked curious.

 

“I ended up in a police station to explain the situation. About that guy, my parents got  mad” he said ending the story.

 

“I don’t understand, what does this have to do with the whole you-can’t-hangout-on-the-street-alone situation” I said frowning “It’s not even funny”

 

He smiled and said “Okay, I skipped the funny part”

 

“Okay so tell me already” I said annoyed by what he’s doing.

 

“So, before the police men got me, I saw them running in my direction so I ran away. Holding the bag in my hand” he started. I smiled at what he said. Finally the story is starting to get exciting.

 

“People were getting out of the way and some shouted. And while I was running, I bumped into an ice cream cart, and fell on my ; hard!” so yeah I was holding back my laugh, and almost choked on my own saliva imagining how Baek would look like running, and falling. 

 

“So after that the police caught me. While I was walking to get into the car I saw that man who gave me the bag, and told them about him” he said sighing

 

 “And that’s how I ended in a police station for the first time. After mother came she made me more embarrassed by saying ‘excuse us officer my son is really clumsy and can be fooled easily, I promise this won’t happen again’ it was really annoying” Beak said copying his mother’s voice. Not noticing me who was about to burst into laughing.

 

“I’m not clumsy. It’s just the floor hates me, the tables and chairs are bullies, and the wall gets in the way” LOL.

 

I couldn’t hold back any more I just laughed my off. Beak looked at me while I fell on the ground and started hitting the floor with my hand, it’s not his story that made me laugh, it was his facial expressions and the ‘I’m not clumsy’ story.

 

Baek soon joined me and started laughing along while helping me stand up “You should’ve seen your face while telling the story” I said calming down.

 

“You should’ve seen your face while laughing” He said back.

 

“Okay it’s a tie” I said laughing “Let’s go we are going to be late”.

 

 

 

The first period was Chinese. We worked on a project in groups of three. Sehun, Kai and I were together. On the other hand Beak, Luhan, and Kyungsoo were together.

 

“Class, to make things easier each two groups can share some ideas together to make this task more fun and full of colorful items” Mr. Kim said.

 

So the project was basically about how to help people study Chinese and to encourage them to do so. Yeah that kind of that we all hate. Can’t blame the teacher though, he’s just doing what he was told to.

 

You need to know this. Chinese classes are always fun. It’s really nice to have such a young guy as a teacher.

 

Any ways we joined groups.

 

“Hey guys, I heard some stuff here and there about Mr. Kim” Sehun started the conversation.

 

“What?” Luhan said excited. His eyes were full of energy and were literally sparkling! How beautiful and cute could he be? Oh right as I told you he is the school’s flower boy, like he gets flowers and chocolates every day! Guys it’s only the third week of school! Like totally what the hell.

 

“This is Mr. Kim’s first year to teach” Sehun started.

 

“He is only 23 years old!” Kai completed. Yeah he always gets the news before me because they ride the bus together. And my dear friend Sehun here can’t keep his mouth shut for ten minutes.

 

“So what” Kyungsoo said annoyed by them.

 

“Isn’t that weird?” Sehun said looking at as carefully “How can he become our homeroom teacher on his first year of education” Sehun said over excited and tapped the table with the pen in his hand which led to this:

 

“Chanyeol and Beakhyun’s group” Mr. Kim started “What are you talking about and not working. Share it with us please” he stopped and looked at me “Chanyeol you tell me, you’re known for your honesty Right?” Oops, why call my name? Why !!! Hell man. I stood up and gave Sehun a dirty look before clearing my throat.

 

So let’s be clear about something. When Mr. Kim says ‘what are you talking about’ or ‘share it with us please’ it’s not threating, nor will he punish you. You just have to tell him and he will let it go. Cool right?

 

Yeah it’s cool but not in a situation like that when we’re talking about him

 

“Nothing important” I said confidently.

 

“So share it with us” he said staring at me.

 

“We were talking about you actually” Sehun started hitting my leg and pinching it hard. On the other hand I had to keep a poker face. He. Is. Going. To. Die. In. my. Hands!!!! I was shouting inside.

 

“Interesting what where you talking about” Mr. Kim said. Ugghh this Kim Jongdae is seriously something.

 

“Teaching in such a young age. Actually we believe that you’re the best Chinese teacher we ever had” That was the truth or half of it. We didn’t even complete our conversation because of an over excited Sehun. But this is what I really believe. That he is the best Chinese teacher until now.

 

Mr. Kim gave me his most beautiful and handsome smile I even heard the girls in the other group squealing “Well thank you Chanyeol. Next time focus on your project only please”

 

“Idiot” I whispered to Sehun through clenched teeth while sitting down “Don’t dare to open your mouth until break time if you don’t want to die” I glared at him, and Kyungsoo couldn’t agree more. It’s all written on that face of his.

 

 

-Break time-

 

 

“So let me complete my story about Mr. Kim” Sehun said too excited. I wanted to kill him but I also want to hear the story so I just nodded to him. The others were excited to hear it too except Kai who already new the whole story.

 

“Isn’t it odd how young is he to be a main teacher and also our homeroom teacher” Kai started.

 

“Get to the point” Kyungsoo said ready to break some teeth today. Of course Kai freaked out and backed away giving the whole I-am-going-to-tell-you-something-interesting mission to Sehun.

 

“You all know that Minseok in our principal’s son” Sehun started “Mr. Kim is Minseok’s cousin, and also the principal’s nephew” 

 

“The principal believed that Mr. Kim is so talented that’s why he is teaching us and also our homeroom teacher” Kai joined the conversation again.

 

“Also I saw the both of them Minseok and Mr. Kim yesterday hanging out together holding hands!!!!!!!” Sehun said over excited again.

 

“Oh. My. God” Luhan said opening his eyes as wide as he can and Sehun was nodding at him nonstop until I held his head before he breaks his neck.

 

“So you’re telling us that they are a couple?!” Beak said not believing the whole thing.

 

“Are you kidding me? This is impossible. If they really are a couple or even related it will show through classes and until now I see nothing” Kyungsoo said looking Sehun in the eye.

 

“I saw them with these two eyes of mine that god gave me” Sehun said pointing at is face. “Of course I am not kidding why I would spread rumors about a fantastic teacher like that”

 

“He got a point” Luhan joined defensing Sehun “and about us not noticing stuff. Well that man got some self-control”

 

“Thank you Luhan” This time I was the one speaking “Kyungsoo, I totally understand why you don’t believe this but we never spread rumors about anybody nor lie to each other” I looked at him in the eye, he couldn’t speak for a second “It’s an unspoken rule between us. Plus he never said that they are a couple he just said that he saw them holding hands witch I am positive that it’s true”

 

Yes ladies and gentlemen I believe every word those guys say, cause I am the one who trained them how not to lie throw these years of our friendship.

 

“So let’s wait and see” Beak said “Don’t talk to anybody about it until we are sure of that”

 

“Who is there to tell anyway” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“I told you, it’s an unspoken rule” I smiled at Beak.

 

“Yeah sure” He smiled back.

 

 “Anyway, about that crazy idea” Luhan started another conversation “Let’s do it today”

 

“I am not going to dye my hair, not even brown!” Kyungsoo half shouted at us. Oh man you will I promise. *smirks evilly*

 

“Sehun!” Luhan said excited.

 

“What?”

 

“Dye your hair rainbow!”

 

“Are you kidding me?!” Sehun shouted.

 

“Whhyyyyyyy, it would totally suit you. You’ll be super cute!” Luhan’s eyes started sparkling again leaving Sehun speechless.

 

“Okay then if that’s what you think” Sehun said the unexpected thing that left us speechless too.

 

“I think he has fever. A very bad one” I whispered to Kai.

 

“Totally” Kai whispered back.

 

“Okay then let’s meet in front of my house after school” Beak said after waking up from the shock we just had.

 

Okay so let’s skip the part where we meet and argue what color we should dye our hair with. Also the part when I personally convince Kyungsoo to dye his hair with us too which was totally hard to do.

 

It will just go on forever. This is a shortcut XD

 

So we ended up like that:

 

Me: I gave up my bad boy look. My sister always said that ‘the bad boy look doesn’t suit that cute face of yours get a new look lil bro’ so I think she will be pleased by that. Also I dyed my hair blond, pretty cute look.

 

Beak: He dyed his hair purple. It’s crazy and that’s the point.

Sehun: He was forced by Luhan to have a rainbow hair. I still don’t know how did he give up and do something like that. Thinking about it he looks cute.

Kai: Elegant grey hair. He looks great.

Luhan: He only fixed his pink hair and got a little haircut.

And finally Kyungsoo: He putted us throw hell to agree to do that. He had a new hair style with red hair, so cool.

Now we are ready to get throw the trouble with our parents and school. Let’s wait and see what will happen when we go back home, and tomorrow morning in school. It’s going to go crazy, and I love crazy!

 

 

-Next Morning-

 

 

We met in front of the school.

 

“So what did your parents say about your hair?” I asked when Beak and I arrived finally.

 

“They say it looked nice” Kai answered simply “What about you?”

 

“Well, sis liked it so did my parents, but they said they are totally not responsible about what is going to happen in school” they don’t have to be responsible cause I will handle this well.

 

“My mother almost got a heart attack” Kyungsoo said “I shouldn’t have agreed to do that”.

 

“Oh come on you look super cool” I said hitting his shoulder playfully.

 

“Yeah, will say that to mother. She blamed you my three new friends and Luhan on that. She was like ‘how dare you do anything without my permission first, did you go crazy after getting some new crazy friends or did Luhan convince you to do that’ it was totally annoying” We all laughed along surprisingly he laughed along too.

 

“My parents didn’t notice yet, they were busy working last night and it was too dark to notice” Beak said sadly “They won’t say anything though, they are always too busy to do so”

 

“What about your parents Sehun?” Luhan asked innocently.

 

“They didn’t say anything” He answered trying to sound normal. They didn’t notice but Kai and I did and looked at each other worriedly.

 

Well, Sehun’s mother died when he was three years old. He lived with his father until he left him when he was only eleven years old, got married and left the country with his new wife. He sends Sehun money every month enough to pay for a place to live in and eat, but it’s not really enough to buy new stuff and all. So I am the one who spends money on him and buy him new stuff always, just like a big brother.

 

Yeah it’s that kind of story you see in dramas and read in books, but how do you think they get these ideas?

 

 They get it from real life.

 

“What are those crazy dudes” I heard a girl commenting at us while passing by. We just noticed it when we stopped talking; students were staring at us like we’re some kind of aliens. Well we expected that.

 

Anyway we went to class the first one to speak to us was Minseok “WOW, cool hair. But I don’t think Mr. Kim will be pleased by that”

 

“And how do you know that, he may like it” Sehun stepped in.

 

“Well I don’t think any teacher would like that to happen in his class. Don’t you think so?”

 

“Yeah, totally teacher won’t be pleased” Park ShinHye our class president bragged in.

 

“Well that’s for the teacher to decide now get lost” With that I ended the conversation. She just gave me a dirty look “He never changes” I heard her mumble walking away.

 

The first class started. When the math teacher got in she was really shocked but didn’t comment on that.

 

Only 10 minutes passed before Mr. Kim called the six of us to his office. I swear I saw ShinHye smirk at us; this scary girl is the one who reported us and I’m sure of it.

 

So we are standing in front of the office Beak, Luhan and Kyungsoo were really nervous about the whole thing.

 

 “Guys chill just don’t talk and let Chanyeol handle it” Kai said smiling at them trying to make the situation look easy.

 

“Yeah just don’t talk and agree on anything I say, never make up anything okay. We always do that kind of stuff” I said entering not hearing what the others said.

 

We entered the office silently and stood in front Mr. Kim’s disk where he was sitting. The room was empty. We stayed like that for a while he was looking at us in disbelieve.

 

“Mr. Kim I believe you called us for a reason” yeah I had to say something to start that conversation.

 

“Yes I called you for a reason Park Chanyeol” he said the look on his face not changing “What were you thinking while doing this?!” his voice started to rise in every word he says.

 

I shut my mouth waiting for the right moment to speak.

 

“Okay don’t answer, listen” he looked at me in the eye. It’s going as planned he focused his attention on me.

 

“What if other kids started to copy you? Who will be responsible of your immature actions? You’re here in a school to learn. You want to do crazy stuff? Then wait tell you get to college. My days, no body dared to do that” He paused for a while “you’re pretty bold and I respect that, but please use your boldness in useful stuff”

 

“We do use it in useful stuff, but it’s not harmful to use it in other stuff too” I started “Teacher you don’t have to be responsible about our personal actions not you and not the school”

 

“What if someone from the outside saw you? What will they say about our students? They will say that we can’t control you. Don’t you agree?” he half shouted at me.

 

“Calm down Mr. Kim you can’t force us to do what you want us to do. Our hair color, we chose it not anybody else” I tried to sound as polite as I can.

 

“How can a sixteen years old boy dare to dye his hair this color” He stood up and went to Luhan, then Sehun, lastly Beak “and how dare a boy play with his mother’s makeup”

 

Those were the three who stood up the most between us.

 

“You’re getting detention for a week” He said what was expected. I was prepared for that.

 

“Sorry Mr. Kim but you can’t give us detention for something like that” I said boldly.

 

“Is Chanyeol the only one who can speak in this room?” He said looking at the others. They said nothing.

 

“Can we be dismissed please? We have a class to attend” I spoke.

 

He sighed heavily before speaking again “You can be dismissed, you won’t get detention for something like that as Chanyeol said. Never do it again you hear me? I will try to cover this mess but if any other teacher spoke about it to the principle I won’t help you. Understood?”

 

Didn’t I tell you that he is a cool teacher? “Thank you teacher” I said smiling with victory and looked at the others “Thank you” they said with one voice.

 

We walked out of the office back to our class.

 

“For a minute I thought I would really get detention” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Well that won’t happen when you let Chanyeol speak” Sehun said half joking.

 

“It’s really nice having friends like you” Luhan said jumping to put his hand around Sehun. I can swear I saw Sehun blush! What the hell he really blushed! I pretended not to see anything.

 

I think this year is going to be the best until now.

 

The six of us being friends was the best thing that happened in my life although we went through too much. Wait and listen to the rest of my story. 

 

 


A/N

Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter :D What do you think about dyeing your hair in school with crazy colors,, can you do it?

Any ways Happy new year ♥ 

Want a hint? 

Next Chapter is goinig to be about christmas and new year :D 

It's going to be fun,, I hope so XD

Good night ♥♥ *throughing kisses at you*