An Unexpected Visit

Dream Catcher

An Unexpected Visit

 

I woke up in the morning to get prepared for school, it was Monday. I was praying that everything went smoothly with Kai after what happened last night; it was my mistake after all, yup I admit that. My parents arrived home late last night when I was pretending to be asleep. 

 

I went out for school early so I can wait for Sehun and Kai at the bus stop that was near the school, in front of it to be detailed; I won’t deny I was a little worried. They both arrived after five minutes of waiting.

 

“Hey, what happened” I asked looking at Kai.

 

“What happened?” Kai asked confused.

 

“About yesterday you jerk” I said rolling my eyes and then looked at Sehun to help or give me an answer.

 

“Nothing much, he just woke up and his sister made him some tea” Sehun answered me.

 

“Okay let’s get inside” I said getting up and walked away with them trailing off.

 

 

In break time, the six of us sat together ‘which was totally new’. It’s the second week of school and we’re getting to know each other.

 

“Guys listen” I said breaking the silence, it’s not that we were still awkward around each other, everybody was busy eating.

 

“What?” Kai answered with his mouth full of food; disgusting!

 

“Finish eating and then speak” I almost yelled on him “Any ways, I was thinking about our boring daily routine, and the other stuff that is boring like black hair”

 

“Oh no no no no no” Kyungsoo said “we are not going to do anything crazy like you. I prefer staying in the safe zone”.

 

“What do you have in mind” Beak asked.

 

“Will nothing particular, but we can think it over together”.

 

“Ummm… you can dye your hair a crazy color like me” Luhan said holding a tuft of his hair.

 

“I’m not going to do that” Kyungsoo said while I was imagining myself with pink hair *ewwww* I shook that image away.

 

“I don’t think pink is good on everybody” I said to Luhan.

 

“You don’t have to dye it pink, just any other color” he answered and I imagined myself with dark blue hair, it didn’t look that bad.

 

“Chanyeol, I think red would suit you” Beak said laughing as he know that I hate the red color, I just made a disgusted face and they all laughed along, except Kyungsoo who rolled his eyes in a boring way. He is a weird kid; I got to teach him some tricks.

 

The rest of the break time we laughed a lot as we started suggesting crazy ideas to do. The bell rang and we didn’t get a decent idea except the ‘dye your hair a crazy color’ idea.

 

 

After school I walked Beak home and then went to my own way. When I got home, my sister opened the door for me and she was dressed up in a fancy beautiful dress. I smiled at her.

 

“Noona, where are you going looking beautiful did you finally get a boyfriend” I said joking.

 

“No crazy brother, father’s friend will come by after a while. Hurry up and get dressed” as soon as she said that smile dropped and was soon exchanged with an annoyed look.

 

“Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh… Noooooonaaaaa~ why didn’t you tell me this morning?”

 

“Because I forgot to, now go”.

 

“Okay, listen tell them that I’m tired of school and I went to sleep”

 

“Come on. Today is Monday, plus the second week of school who is going to buy this lie. Their son is at the same school as you and he is coming too. Try to get along” and that made me more annoyed.

 

“That’s not helping. I have an amazing group of friends I don’t need to be a friend with my father’s friend son!!” I said.

 

“Upstairs. Now! And get ready in less than ten minutes, or else!” she said seriously. I can’t win her.

 

“Can’t I just meet them with my school uniform” I said whining.

 

“No you look messy, and please comb your hair in a decent way or I will”

 

“Okay, Okay I will” with that I went upstairs to get ready for this annoying visit. Like why bother my amazing life. I know that this guy and my father are friends before even getting married, but I never saw him or his family. They always visit them without me, because I don’t want to. On the other hand when they come to visit, I avoid them by hanging out with Kai and Sehun. They saw me when I was still a little kid; I remember that they have a son at my age. I can’t run away now I have to meet them, how annoying.

 

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME” I shouted as I stood in front my room door before getting in.

 

I got ready in less than ten minutes as my sister ordered. Nothing special all black from head to toe, black jeans, black shirt, black jacket, and no accessories. I went down stairs forgetting to comb my hair.

 

“PARK CHANYEOL wasn’t I clear when I ordered you to comb you hair and what’s wrong with your clothes are you going to a funeral”   Noona said with clenched teeth. OMG I just got myself in trouble, uggghhhh why didn’t I listen to her.

 

“Noona, stay away” I said as she started storming towards me “Ahhh Nooonaaaa I will fix this alone” but it was too late she already got me and dragged me to my room pinching my ear **HARD** all I had to do is to scream for help while I was jumping on one leg and almost fell on my face, but no one was there to help. She let go when we were already in my room.

 

“You didn’t have to do that, do you want to try it” I said whining. If looks can kill I will be dead by now, because she gave me a killer look that made me shut the hell up.

 

She started getting some clothes from my closet and threw it to me “Wear this” she said while looking at me to do what she ordered.

 

“Can you at least turn around” she smirked and did anyway “Okay done” I said after I finished changing my clothes.

 

“There is a mirror right here you know” she said pointing at the mirror in front of here before turning around to face me “didn’t know my brother got a killer body, since when do you go to the gym anyway” I just hoped for the ground to open up and swallow me and didn’t dare to spell a word or argue.

 

“Sit down” she said pulling a chair in front of the mirror, the same y mirror “We don’t have time. Faster!” she said half calmly half shouting. I just did what was ordered.

 

She started combing my hair and it hurts like hell “Can you be more gentle plea-ahaahhhhh”

 

“When was the last time you combed you hair” she asked frowning trying to fix that jungle in front of her.

 

“I don’t comb my hair. Isn’t that noticed” I said looking at her throw the mirror.

 

“Ewwww” was all she said. Like if I don’t comb my hair that doesn’t mean I don’t wash it daahhh!!!

 

After fighting with my hair she finally combed it to the right side. Thinking deeply I think this looks good, I might start to comb my hair for a new style. Noona left the room heading down stairs to do whatever was on her mind. Any ways now I was wearing a blue t-shirt that said ‘stay strong’ written in Chinese with a casual black jacked and patterned black pants. I don’t know how she combined these together but they look good surprisingly. She is Park Yora. She’s good in everything.

 

I heard the sound of the bell ringing and mother greeting someone. I had a last chance to escape this torture and jump from the window, but I didn’t. I don’t what to die in my own sister’s hand.

 

“Chanyeol come say hi please” I heard my mother’s voice and went down stairs to greet the unwanted visitors *at least to me*.

 

As soon as I was standing down stairs and I saw a familiar face. My jaw dropped. I rubbed my eyes to make sure they are not tricking me, realizing that this is reality I raised my hand and pointed to Beak who was standing in front of me astonished as I am.

 

“What are you doing here” I said looking at him and took my hand back.

 

“Chanyeol you are being rude greet the adults first” my sis whispered to me and I just ignored as usual.

 

“You live here” Beak said smiling rising one of his eye brows, with an exited tone.

 

My sister standing next to pinched me hard in my arm, and I realized what she wants from me.

 

“Oh hello Mr. and Mrs. Byun sorry for this I was surprised to see Beakhyun here” I said smiling and bowing politely at them.

 

“Long time no see our dear Chanyeol. You grew up well” Mr. Byun said smiling at me.

 

“Thank you” I said ashamed of myself appearing now after years of ignoring them, I hope they would forget the past now, and forgive me.

“I see that you two know each other” Mrs. Byun said looking at me then Beak.

 

“We are good friends now, actually we are in the same class but didn’t recognize each other” Beak answered.

 

“Good thing to hear, can we sit down now” Father said walking to the living room.

 

After chatting for a while now about random stuff and talking about my and Beak’s relationship and how did we get to know each other, we got excused and went upstairs to my room.

 

“Nice place” Beak said looking around.

 

“Thanks” I said throwing my body on my queen sized bed. I sat down and tapped the space next to me gesturing him to sit there.

 

“Seriously you have to recover from your obsession to the blue color” he said half joking *I think* to give you a brief summary about my room, it’s basically painted in blue with white effects all over and the furniture is dark brown wood. Posters and quotes are all over the room but in a neat way. 

 

“I bet your room is a red hell” I said lying down on the bed Beak following my action.

 

“Basically, yes I won’t deny that but with the combination of red, black, and yellow” he said looking on the roof that is full of posters “You didn’t tell me that your family is rich” he said looking at me.

 

“You never asked” I answered simply and he gave me a what-the-hell look while getting up.

 

“Plus, you didn’t tell me you live only two blocks away”.

 

I repeated “You never asked”.

 

“Is this you only answer about all this” he said still giving me the same look.

 

“Smart boy, you never ask and I don’t like to brag about my family’s background, how you expect me to introduce myself ‘Hello I am Park Chanyeol a rich boy who lives two blocks away’ and we only met two weeks ago don’t expect much” I said calmly. He just nodded “True” was his answer before he went back to the original position. We stayed like that for a while.

 

“I like your posters” Beak said.

 

“Yeah my favs” .

 

“Play some music for them” he said pointing to the 2NE1 poster, I opened my phone, connected it to the speakers in my room by wireless and played ‘Come back home’. He glared at me “Okay close it lets take about normal stuff” he said and sat up “There is one thing I’m curious about”

 

“Curiosity killed a cat” I smirked at him, and he ignored me.

 

“How did you become friends with Sehun and Kai? Like I mean you’re a good student with high marks, and rich but crazy, the other two are just ummm… crazy” he looked at me to see any reaction but there is none “D-d-on’t get me wrong you guys are cool but you know you are different”.

 

“You want to know our story, is that what you mean” I said smiling since he was worried I would misunderstand him about my choice of friends. I admit that I have crazy friends, just like me.

 

“Y-es” .

 

So I will give him want he wants, I bet he wants to know what kind of person I am. So I sat up across him.

 

“We are not different you said it yourself the three of us are crazy, plus I don’t care about money issues and other stuff as long as I can trust them, but if you want to know I will tell you” he nodded at me.

 

“I met Sehun and Kai when I was grade six, which means this year is the fourth year of our friendship” ….. “It was a weird meeting who knew that we would meet like that, fate works in a funny way you know, I met my two best friends on the same day, the same moment, and the same reason”

 

“Okay go on” He said after I stopped for a couple of seconds.

 

“Patience my friend, I am trying to remember the details” He looked at me waiting for me to start telling my story. I am enjoying this too much Haha should I put some extra funny details or go with the original one? Okay the second choice is better.

 

 

Flash back ‘Four years ago’, sixth grade at Chanyeol’s school’

 

Author’s POV

 

It was already two months after school started. Chanyeol was sitting in his usual place the back of the class beside a window. A place where he could see everybody but they can’t see him, that was what he thought when he started sitting in the back. Chanyeol had a lot of class mates to hang out with, but never had a best friend who knows his secrets. He just didn’t find the right person and he was waiting to find the right one.

 

That day the teacher brought in a new kid saying the he will stay with them from now on.

 

“Hello, my name is Oh Sehun and I wish to find good friends here” *He looks like a troublemaker* that is what Chanyeol thought. Sehun was asked to sit in the empty seat next to Chanyeol so he did.

 

“Why would a kid move from his old school in the middle of the semester?” Chanyeol asked looking at Sehun trying to know what kind of person this kid is.

 

“What do you think?” Sehun said not looking at Chanyeol while talking.

 

“A troublemaker” Chanyeol said and looked outside of the window sure about what he said.

 

“Got moved to this school by force because I made trouble in my old school, a big one” Sehun said and looked at Chanyeol to find a reaction but he found none “You’re a rich boy right” he said smirking.

 

“How do you know that?” Chanyeol was taken aback by the fact this new boy just stated.

 

“You’re watch, shoes, and… cologne” He said sniffing around “I didn’t know kids your age can use such expensive stuff” Sehun smirked and looked foreword so that the teacher won’t notice there conversation.

 

“You have sharp eyes” Chanyeol smirked too “and nose, nobody knows this can you keep a secret?” he asked the new boy.

 

“Sure” *of course it’s a secret if the kids knew this they will beg him to be his friends* Sehun thought.

 

The class ended with no words said after that but the teacher had a last word for Chanyeol before leaving the classroom “Chanyeol my dear, can you show Sehun around? He is new and I can trust you on that”.

 

“Yes teacher, I would love to do that” that was Chanyeol’s answer which lead to a deep relationship between the both of them. Chanyeol was a good boy whom the teachers love, they just don’t know the real him, the crazy him.

 

At Break time.

 

“So are you really going to show me around?” Sehun asked.

 

“I promised the teacher to do so” Chanyeol said standing up “Come on I will show you a cool place”

 

“Why would you do that to a new kid?” Sehun asked again.

 

“You’re interesting” Chanyeol answered simply, he liked simple answers since he was a little kid.

 

Chanyeol and Sehun walked next to each other with Chanyeol leading the way. They walked through the playground, to a place a little far but still inside the school, there was trees a lot of them, they entered that place and stopped in front a big tree that has three letters written on it ‘PCY’.

 

“Let me guess your name is Park Chanyeol” Sehun said touching the perfectly carved letters on the tree “Cool… can you write my name too?” He said getting excited.

 

“Sure, but make sure that this is a secret” Chanyeol said exposing a medium sized box next to the tree, the box was painted brown and covered with tree leaves so no one can find it. He took out a knife and looked at Sehun “What do you want me to write?”.

 

“Sehun, just write Sehun”.

 

“Okay then” Chanyeol said, and carefully started writing ‘Sehun’ on the tree under his name with his beautiful handwriting.

 

“Awesome” This time neither of them spoke. It was a somehow a familiar voice to Chanyeol. Both of them turned to find a boy darker than usual standing in front of them.

 

“Jongin” Chanyeol said calmly “How did you find us here”

 

“Sorry I didn’t mean to sneak my way here. I was just curios as I saw you walking away both of you” Jongin said “Now that I know this place can you write my name too” he said happily. Chanyeol and Sehun looked at each other not knowing what to say. Chanyeol knew Jongin. They were together the year before but not now, they are not that close. But the thing Chanyeol knows about Jongin is that he is not a bad guy.

 

“Will you keep it a secret” Sehun asked looking Jongin in the eye.

 

“Of course I will” He said excited about the whole thing.

 

“Okay, what do you want me to write? Jongin?” Chanyeol asked ready to write the boy’s name on the tree.

 

“Isn’t Kim Jong in long to write?” Jong in asked.

 

“Then what do you want to write?” Chanyeol asked started to get pissed off.

 

“Kim Jong in… Kim….ki… Ka….” Sehun started whispering weird stuff “KAI!!” he shouted looking at the boy who will get this name “Let’s call you Kai”

 

“COOL!!” Jongin Kai shouted.

 

“Stop shouting please, Kai is a cool name as expected from you Sehun” Chanyeol smirked at the creative boy and started writing ‘KAI’ one the tree “Now this place is ours, just the three of us, never tell anybody about it” He said seriously looking at the other two boys “Let’s meet here everyday deal? I have cooler stuff to show you, you will know by days depending on how much I trust you”

 

“Deal” the other two said looking at Chanyeol who was still writing on their tree. 

 

End Flash Back

 

“WOW!” Beak half shouted after hearing my story “So it was all unexpected, the three of you meeting in this place and the same day, you got a cool story my friend” he said laughing.

 

“Yeah, I guess”.

 

“So what happened to that tree” Beak asked.

 

“It’s still there; we visit our old school from time to time”.

 

“And how do you do that” lot of questions my dear friend.

 

“At night we sneak to there and sit under that tree, the box is still there too”.

 

“Cool” Beak said laughing.

 

I was going to ask him about his story but Noona had to interrupt me as I heard a knock on the door.

 

“Yes” I said from inside and she opened the door.

 

“Dinner is ready come join us” She said smiling *at Beakhyun*.

 

“We will be right there” Beak answered her smiling back.

 

We went down stairs to eat. As usual the food *we had pasta* was super delicious, mother got some excellent cooking skills.  So did my sister who helped her.

 

After eating dessert, we drank some tea as we chatted together, it was getting dark and Mr. Beak had work to do, so they left after saying goodbye.  I offered to walk with them to the house but they refused. I was not doing it because I was being such a gentleman *XD* but I just wanted to stay with Beak longer although we will see each other tomorrow morning.

 

There is one little detail that no one knows, but I will tell you now. Me being friends with Sehun and Kai in the first place is not because I found them interesting but because I had a lot of things to do that I couldn’t do alone. So it was more like a one side business relationship, they were the right people. They made trouble without dealing with the after math. On the other hand I can get out of trouble without getting punished or caught. We needed each other. After that I really couldn’t let them go after I achieved what I want. I loved them so much and cared about them, although I never said that to them.

 

See, I told you that fate works in a funny way. 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Vacation is here !!

Sorry if there were any grammer or spelling mistakes, this chapter did not get edited *sorry >.<*

So now you know Chanyeol's story, one more chapter of getting to know the characters, and then the fun will begin !!

No more boring chapters after that XD

Enjoy reading ♥

Leave your support :D